Patch Notes e1.5.4

Users who are viewing this thread

Has anyone else noticed cavalry randomly splitting into other groups in battle?

For example, on the party screen I've put my cavalry units in what I consider to be their appropriate groups, a few in 'Heavy Cavalry' (group VIII), others in the 'Light Cavalry'(group VII), and the rest in 'Cavalry'(group III). At the beginning of a battle and whenever I give them movement orders they all just get mixed up, troops randomly splitting from one group to join another and vice versa, as though the AI is trying to make two equally sized groups. It messes up my whole set up.

Does anybody else experience this?
Are you with other AI lords or is this just your own party? I've been told by devs that when you switch preset formations for your troops they are the only ones who follow that assignment even when you are the king of a faction and leader of that army. So AI lords cav will always be in group 3 and not fall into your new assignments.

Do I agree with this decision or lack of implementation, no. If you are the leader of an army all AI lords troops should follow your formations.

Last edited:
Are you with other AI lords or is this just your own party? I've been told by devs that when you switch preset formations for your troops they are the only ones who follow that assignment even when you are the king of a faction and leader of that army. So AI lords cav will always be in group 3 and not fall into your new assignments.
I don't think that's what it is because they'll transfer between all three cavalry groups no matter what. 'Light Cavalry' splits off and joins 'Heavy Cavalry'. Like it's trying to force me to have two cavalry groups of as equal a size as possible.

I don't think that's what it is because they'll transfer between all three cavalry groups no matter what. 'Light Cavalry' splits off and joins 'Heavy Cavalry'. Like it's trying to force me to have two cavalry groups of as equal a size as possible.
If no captain AI are involved and its just you then I think you need to make a report.

Are you using delegate command by any chance?

Are you using delegate command by any chance?
I tend to with skirmisher cav in the 'Light Cavalry' group as they actually behave as intended with the Realistic Battle mod. I know using that command on the Cavalry group will cause it to split in two. Just now I had a battle and the Light Cav left their group with two men after the rest of them joined the Heavy Cav group, I probably did press f6. So it's not possible to have three groups of cavalry (excluding Horse Archers) and use f6 on one without it merging with the other two?

I tend to with skirmisher cav in the 'Light Cavalry' group as they actually behave as intended with the Realistic Battle mod. I know using that command on the Cavalry group will cause it to split in two. Just now I had a battle and the Light Cav left their group with two men after the rest of them joined the Heavy Cav group, I probably did press f6. So it's not possible to have three groups of cavalry (excluding Horse Archers) and use f6 on one without it merging with the other two?
I guess so.

Dunno what's going on, but nobles are just...teleporting around. One day Rhagea is in Onira, the next she's all the way in Lycaron? Impossible. So, I studied her movements and they repeated... so I did the natural thing. I just waited in Onira to find out if she was actually traveling there, and it turns out that she is apparently not on the map. I checked her card, and it said she visited Onira while I was there, left, and was in Lycaron the next day. Again, this is impossible. A similar thing has happened with Garios, but he's literally been in Zeonica for over a year, and yes, he is still alive. It even says he is winning tournaments. It appears to be happening with Unquid, as well.

I'm in the part of the game where I have to talk to various lords about Neretez' Folly. I've essentially beaten the game before and formed my own kingdom, so I am well-aware of the protocol for this quest. But how am I supposed to actually complete this quest when at least three of the people I am supposed to talk to are just...not there.

Is anyone having a similar observation with nobles teleporting around? This should not be happening.

Campaign Settings:
  • Friendly Troops Received Damage: Realistic
  • Friendly Parties Received Damage: Realistic
  • Player Received Damage: Realistic
  • Recruitment Difficulty: Realistic
  • Map Movement Speed: Realistic
  • Enable Death: On
  • Auto Allocate Clan Member Perks: On
I wonder if "enable death" being on is causing strange issues.

@Concomitant
With this version I started to see many weird things incl. what you asked.
I have same situtation, at first I thought it is Encyclopedia issue but later I realized wherever I go some wanderers teleporting there.
One time myself even had to use teleport cheat to get my sister because she was never in settlement encyclopedia shows, so I had to teleport all nearby settlements to find her.
Settings are almost same, only difference is I didn't enable death, so your wondering ends here, it must be coding...

Apart from teleport issue; at this playthru I decided to go for Sturgia, first 100 days was development phase, then I joined Sturgia and tailed Raganvad, he spent more than 50 days around Epicrotea! His pattern was same everytime; enter city > wait there > exit > go west > wait there > go back to epicrotea > wait there > exit > go east (to mecalovea) > return to epicrotea (no waiting this time) > loop
Funny thing is Raganvad was not the only one doing that, a dozen of Sturgia lords were in same situation, plus they had a bonus: Caladog, he also wandered around Epicrotea for more than 50 days with a slightly different pattern (he never went to mecalovea, he was just going back and forth, entering and exiting).
All that remained until Sturgia started war with Northern Empire, thanks to the war finally lords' AI started to do something else...

Oh I almost forget, first 100 days no one at war against each other, Calradia was weirdly peaceful, only wars were against minor factions.
After 100, wars started but they took so short, only castles involved in sieges, and after one side getting a castle other side always requested to pay daily tribute to end war and it was accepted, for example as a Sturgia we get 940 denars from Vlandia and 2510 denars from Northern Empire daily.
I'm at day 179 and all settlements (big cities) are still owned by original owners, there were no takeovers so far and it really feels weird.
I want to join a big battle but it looks like there won't be such thing unless I f*** around and intentionally start war myself.
(If I do such thing, two kingdom immediately starts a war, which is also weird, I'm no king yet I'm allowed to choose war against whatever kingdom I want and even without election... I just need to go there and attack some villagers =) )

@Concomitant

Haven't been playing since a few patches but what I knew is that nobles that do not currently lead a party (former party leaders of the game start might give their spots to others as they are captured) teleport from place to place as the intended but arguable behavior.

Back
Top Bottom