Patch Notes e1.3.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Um... how could one strip their brother for gear when we lose it the moment we leave the tutorial we lose it? Other than, of course for the brief time from the tutorial?

The control schemes from the previous game are still suspiciously missing. A lot of people still alienated by this mysterious design choice. Are attacking by relative position and autoblock not a priority? (personally I'm hoping for block by relative position also)
Personally I've always wished for the option of dedicated directional block keys, or directional weapon keys (which combo with left and right mouse for attack and block in that direction). I have 4 spare digits that aren't doing anything most of the time in combat which I could devote to them.

But that would be a new feature, so certainly standing in line behind features of Warband which haven't come over.

Woke up to the new patch. Cant load any saved games from the last version. is this correct? Dont really want to wind back the clock to the very start again.

I also cannot load any savegame, nor can i start a new campaign as i crash. but i do still have all my mods active so i think its that lmao. time to get rid of any outdated mods and see

EDIT: Yea i turned all mods off and i can start a new game fine. but rip my savegame lol

Thank you for your hardwork.

It is weird because I had no issues when enemies retreating before the patch.
"Fixed an issue with AI retreating that caused performance problems in combat missions."
After this patch I was defending Lageta settlement against 1000 army and game started to stutter/lag as soon as enemies turned their backs.
I believe if retreating enemy count is high it still causes performance issues, because in my case there were approx 250 enemies retreating.

Woke up to the new patch, installed it and went to load up the game....nothing! Game no longer even starts for me.

Woke up to the new patch, installed it and went to load up the game....nothing! Game no longer even starts for me.
Please check your mods. For example "Pregnancy Control" mod not working anymore, so game cannot open with it enabled.
If you have no active mods and game still not working, then create a support topic in technical issues forum.

Please check your mods. For example "Pregnancy Control" mod not working anymore, so game cannot open with it enabled.
If you have no active mods and game still not working, then create a support topic in technical issues forum.

I don't use any mods with my game and this is a a fresh install. I have created a topic in technical issues forum.

Economy and Trade
  • Players now sell goods to caravans at a reduced price.

I think you tweaked things a bit too far south here. Instead of selling to caravans at roughly 80% of area price, it is more like 50%. Because of the speed in which the price falls in cities, trading with caravans and villages was the best way for serious trading characters.

Price drops in cities are too quick when you are trading thousands of items. The caravan change is also affecting villages. On a char with maximum trading skill, I am currently only able to sell between 2-10 items of hundreds before price drops to a loss. Small margin items like grain have to be moved in the thousands. As of now it can only be done in the tens or hundreds in an area.

For a new restarted character the trading is completely useless as almost all items bought and sold have to be done at the absolute limits of the high and low areas or you result in 3-5 in game days of traveling netting you pennies. The older system was much more fair. Some balancing would have been fine. This was entirely too drastic.

It is forcing anyone trying to play through the trade primary skill set to currently be stuck with tens of thousands of goods they cannot move. When I am paying 150k for peace every time someone declares war, and upwards of 500k for a city, I am left with a game I have spent 140 hours building a trade character in which I cannot currently move enough product to continue the viability of a non combat play through.

Most active style combat characters and players already did as little trading as possible due to the slow progression which is now made ridiculously longer. I would strongly recommend a change back in the other direction. Kind of has the feeling of someone using a sledgehammer to reset a slightly wrong nail.

“Donate troops” and “Inspect troops” options were disabled for caravan, villager and militia parties

Why would you do this?

I am playing as a warrior who conquered his own castle and now has two villages to defend from constant attacks and bandits.

Bolstering the village militia with my own troops, and adding troops to the villagers traveling to market was the only way I could protect them and make sure they wouldn't be victimized by bandits or enemies. My whole strategy for my current character was based around training up some mid to high quality troops which I was going to donate to my villages and villagers.

I also need to get rid of some garrison troops from my castle because they are consuming too much food. I don't want to dismiss them, because that is a waste, so I was going to donate them to my villages instead, so at least I can still get some benefit from them.

After spending hours working towards this goal, I had to install this latest update, and now you have ruined the whole thing for me. Why did you do that?

If you insist on keeping it this way, can you at least tell us what file and lines we need to change so I and anyone else affected can change it back ourselves?

If anyone else reads this, does anyone know how I can mod this back to how I want it?

Back
Top Bottom