Patch Notes e1.2.0 & Beta e1.3.0

Users who are viewing this thread

How about this?

This can't be serious. If you want to kill off the multiplayer, just disable it.
I made a serious effort to at least get something running to improve the multiplayer experience for Skirmish. I had even a tournament in planning. Really?
I mean it serious, the cooldown of 15 minutes is longer than it takes to stomp in a public lobby. This will make people who just joined the game run off to the SP if not abandon the series completely.

Sincerely,
A dedicated fan, buying all the DLCs.

It is unfortunate that the tools aren't there to allow clans to arrange proper scrims right now, I totally agree. But you also have to think of the people that queue to find a match only to see a team drop out immediately before the match even starts.

Eventually, we will be able to share server files with the community so they can host their own private servers. We will also be making more updates to multiplayer throughout the early access period, including ranked matchmaking, which should help in the long term. In the short term we are trying to fix the issue with passworded servers so we can at least start making a server available for clans to spend some time on.

Amazing Job TW!

Just some suggestions:

1- (critical) - AI should try to siege enemy towns/castles NEAR his territory instead of targeting one in the middle of enemy territory, causing the enemy to re-siege it easy, or cut supply chain by raiding the villages all the time, due to the hard mission of defending that impossible to defend positions. So, siege the closest one to our domains.

2- (minor) Tournament equipment. It is not good to spawn agents with his regular armor. Some fights are ridiculously long because of the "1 to 3" damage of weapons on those heavy armors.
So, the best way is to adjust this like in Warband. Everyone entering the sands with the same armor, and if u can add the option of choosing your weapons will be cool too.

3-(important) Spears and pikes damage should be buffed, it is good when kinetics helps, but they re almost useless on foot for example, and in real-world, they were a very important weapon on Infantry fights.

4-(meh) Arrow damage to heavy armors should be lowered. Really lowered.

5-(good) Pre deployment on field battled, and also a "explore" battlefield scene before fight (as scouts did in those times) would be nice.

It is unfortunate that the tools aren't there to allow clans to arrange proper scrims right now, I totally agree. But you also have to think of the people that queue to find a match only to see a team drop out immediately before the match even starts.

Eventually, we will be able to share server files with the community so they can host their own private servers. We will also be making more updates to multiplayer throughout the early access period, including ranked matchmaking, which should help in the long term. In the short term we are trying to fix the issue with passworded servers so we can at least start making a server available for clans to spend some time on.
ETA? Please don't give us another soon™

When you get passworded servers up, please give NA some too! Ty for update.

The singleplayer definitely feels a lot smoother and the scene loading is, indeed, significantly faster. Great job with the patch, but it seems you guys have some wrong priorities for multiplayer. Please, get that duel server up, get that votekick system, tweak some of the perks and think about adding a simple solution for ranked matchmaking. Put premades against premades, fill in the blanks with randoms based on K/D or some sort of rating.

Other - Miscellaneous
  • Added a cooldown for players who have left the game more than the allowed times in a given time frame. Currently, players who left matchmaker games 2 times in the last 3 hours will be blocked from matchmaking for 15 minutes. Note: these values anytime without requiring a patch if necessary or if we encounter issues.
Hope this is not for a siege? A multiplayer mode that is more suitable for free visits.

Last edited:
I read through the patch notes a couple of times, but can't any differences between Beta 1.2.0 and Main 1.2.0?
If not, then why have a Beta branch if 100% of the content is pushed from the lower branch to the public version? We could just have e1.1.0, e.1.2.0, 1.3.0, etc. because if everything is pushed from version to version then it creates duplicates, opting for Beta 1.2.0 or Main 1.2.0 seem to be the same thing.
Incredible job on the patch nevertheless!

Last edited:
I read through the patch notes a couple of times, but can't any differences between Beta 1.2.0 and Main 1.2.0?
If not, then why have a Beta branch if 100% of the content is pushed from the lower branch to the public version? We could just have e1.1.0, e.1.2.0, 1.3.0, etc. because if everything is pushed from version to version then it creates duplicates, opting for Beta 1.2.0 or Main 1.2.0 seem to be the same thing.
Incredible job on the patch nevertheless!
Scroll down some more, beta is now 1.3.

Back
Top Bottom