P.O.G.A.A.H propositions and suggestions list to improve infantry ✂

Users who are viewing this thread

If you guys were against crush through that much. Why did they added it and not removed it (for 3 monts)? Maybe you guys need to suck less while making a combat test with devs. And tell them their mistakes loudly so they don't make stupid mistakes. Even if you guys really said crush through is bull**** and devs are not listened to your feedback. What is the reason of making combat tests then? If combat testers opinions does not matter to devs why should those combat tests happen?
Because they were Armagan changes. We were extremely clear.

The combat tests basically had nothing to do with crush-through, we tested a bunch of other stuff, most of which have improved the game, then in the final week or so they also added crush through and we said we hated it. Wasn't a discussion.

Inappropriate behavior

The combat tests basically had nothing to do with crush-through, we tested a bunch of other stuff, most of which have improved the game, then in the final week or so they also added crush through and we said we hated it. Wasn't a discussion.
I know it was Sultan Armagan changes. Your feedback is not matter lots of bull**** chages made by guy that needs to retire an old hero that become cancer cell of the game. Even some devs oppinions are not matter. You guys already know that. There is no reason to kick dead horses ass at this point.

Basicly that.

Pushing it to live in essence wasn't a super bad decision. However, keeping it unaltered then with some minor tweaks for 3 months was the super bad decision.

I am not advocate of crushthrough at all, but is the current meta of ranged combat/kiting/not standing your ground unless absolutely forced to any better? I don't think so.

I am not advocate of crushthrough at all, but is the current meta of ranged combat/kiting/not standing your ground unless absolutely forced to any better? I don't think so.
That you need to ask the guy who added throwing axe perk to the archers

And then hammer and maul became useless and they never changed it again. Why is it so hard to have biweekly balance patches?
That became useless because the wood stick part of the weapon is long we need warband style hammers. Current crush through formula is great. (maybe they could incerease weapon head hitbox a little more just that)

Agree with everything on the list. Also
- Kicks should be looked into aswell, either the desyncing or the hitboxes.
- Character movement speed should be evened out, especially for all the infantry units
- Change the formula for stopping cav to pure damage instead of damage + speed (around 40 should do it)
- Change the duration of knockdown (I think thats being done already but its a major issue)
- Not sure about this but I think cavalry swing/thrust speed is faster than infantry.

Off the top of my head

Oh also, after actually making the proficiencies work, reduce the proficiency of all low tier units, especially peasants.
And remove blunt weapons from the vast majority of them. With the insane armor penetration the game has, peasants shouldnt have access to weapons that deal 40+ damage to heavy infantry.
Peasants should have crappy weapons, crappy shield, and preferebly no throwing weapons, otherwise theres no point in playing heavy infantry.

This is a great list with ideas that will inevitably change Bannerlord Multiplayer for the better. However, we should not forget that Infantry are but a part of the whole Multiplayer which feels unbalanced and unenjoyable due to the limitations placed on playstyles.

Edit: Greed's suggestions should be added to the list imo.

Surely you don’t think this is a criticism of this idea? I think it’s quite clear which group of people you’re actually criticising with this post.
All the suggested things would make the combat better, which would be awesome.
content in a broken game does not matter at all
Common, combat is in an somewhat enjoyable spot. I think the lack of content will hit harder than changing a swing arc by 5 degree.

Common, combat is in an somewhat enjoyable spot. I think the lack of content will hit harder than changing a swing arc by 5 degree.

You oversimplify it, I respect your opinion but I disagree, I don't think combat is in an enjoyable spot personally. At this point, personally, I would take more balancing and adjustments in general than new content. But that's me.

Content will make people come back to check it out, and if the combat itself is fixed to a better degree those people may stay. I'm personally a bit burnt out on the same old maps, and I can barely make it through a round these days with how frustrating the combat can be.

At it's core though the combat is fun, just extremely unbalanced and rewarding for cheesy playstyles.

At the same time, changing a parameter by 0.1 is far easier and ought to have no impact on content.

I mean, it might have an impact, but that seems an issue of development.

Agree with everything on the list. Also
- Kicks should be looked into aswell, either the desyncing or the hitboxes.
- Character movement speed should be evened out, especially for all the infantry units
- Change the formula for stopping cav to pure damage instead of damage + speed (around 40 should do it)
- Change the duration of knockdown (I think thats being done already but its a major issue)
- Not sure about this but I think cavalry swing/thrust speed is faster than infantry.

Off the top of my head
I think nerfing kicks further might backfire, especially if you talk about evening out the stats of all units again regarding their movement. Please don't give archers the ability to kite forever again...

Good changes, but kick nerf is a must aswell. I watched Gibby's video from the 3v3 and the amount of kicking was hilarious, and main bannerlord players use it even more. It's fine for kicks to be better than in Warband, but this is too much.

I think nerfing kicks further might backfire, especially if you talk about evening out the stats of all units again regarding their movement. Please don't give archers the ability to kite forever again...
Im fine with taking a massive sledgehammer to the knees of archers, but the difference in infantry makes fight frustrating.

@Greedalicious
I don't think rearing cav without taking speed into account is a good idea.
The main issue is a potential of perma stunlocking the horse, which is problematic,which is why some fine tuning is needed. Finding out the max damage a player can hit the cav with from the front, and adding say, 10 damage to the requirement to stop it should fix it.
The cavalry can also theoretically move 3 other directions faster than the infantry can to get away. If theres an infantry on all 4 sides of the cavalry with spears out, Id say the cavalry screwed up and deserves the death.

Archers have no choice but to kite currently due to insane movement differences that mean they are a sitting duck for kicks unless they strafe directly away from the opponent.

But I think kicks are an issue for another topic really as we need to see what impact the kick nerf has.

Back
Top Bottom