overhead spear with shield

Users who are viewing this thread

Amazing idea, pal. For example, only javelins, throwing spears and horseman javelin could do the overhead attack. I liked that, seen fair enough :smile:

I'm not sure about Javelins and Horseman Javelins. They are not meant to be used in melee. They are light, fitting for being throw at far distances and with precision. Throwing spears on the other end are heavy, meant to be used against close range enemies and are better as melee weapon (actually they are even better than the normal spears, having a 39 thrust damage vs a 30 of the Heavy Spear)
I think it will be a fair trade if the Light Spears, War Spears, Heavy Spears and the Throwing ones would have the upper attack animation with shields. After all, their reach is usually below the 160, which it's not even the double size of a sword, so they wouldn't be exaggerated.

Be aware this has been a common request on this forum dating back to 2005. 10 years of tries and fails is meaningful.
Brytenwalda has an overhead spear animation, but it doesn't work and seems to mess up the normal spear thrusts.
I think there's something wrong with the core game.
I would like to see Vikingr....

Well, the first "Mount & Blade" came out in 2008 so...

As for Vikingr, you should try it. There is a large event coming on 1st of March.

Back
Top Bottom