Outdoor Activities Thread

How much water do you carry for your usual camping trip?

• 1 L / 33.8 Oz.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 1,5 L / 50.72 Oz. (Give or take)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • 2 L / 67.62 Oz.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • 3 L / 101 Oz.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • 4 L / 135 Oz.

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

As stated in the video, it's a cheaper alternative for water-resistant and/or waterproof matchboxes. I never said it was better than the waterproof matchbox but it's an alternative nonetheless. It's still better than one made out of paper.

My time is far too valuable to spend watching your video. Especially since there is already a fool-proof method which also serves as a back-up in case you get unexpectedly good luck with the local wildlife on your camping trip.

Excellent.
Watched your video. It would work if you had no access to condoms but happened to have tictacs instead. But ultimately there is no point reinventing the condom when condoms already exist.

So... My wool blanket is not as good as I thought. I thought it contained 70% wool and 30% acrylic fiber whereas it actually contained 50% wool, 40% acrylic fiber and 10% polyester. That surely explains why I have at colder times, felt inadequately warm.

I wasn't scammed, it's just that I remember it wrongly. Anyhow, I'm looking at a 95% wool and 5% nylon blanket now from East Germany priced around 200 SEK/20 EUR.

Nice. I need a new blankie. How big is it? I tend to ditch tents and just go with a tentcloth tarp and a blanket. So i need something I can roll myself into.

My old one was 150x300cm, this one is 180x120cm. I've yet to receive an answer from their customer service regarding future stock of the product but it's not uncommon for them to place it in "no category" even if new shipments are coming. If no new shipments of it arrive, there's always the Polish blanket.

I think these were made for motorized troops and not regular infantry. http://rodastjarnan.com/okategoriserat/yllefilt-ddr-9246

The Polish one was 140x190cm so that too might be a bit too small.
This one, however, is 210x160cm but as one comment said, it might be somewhat smaller than stated.

http://www.rodastjarnan.com/talt-och-mat/mjuk-och-skon-yllefilt-krigssjukhus-32243

I'm happy to be of service. :razz: Keep in mind that if you don't find the blanket adequate enough you have 14 days to return it from the point of delivery, even if you have to pay for the shipping.

You have a market where you sell Finns? Absolutely sick, but that would explain the permanent Finnmark market.  :iamamoron:

Customer service told me that it will probably take a long time for the NVA blanket to be restocked again and the Polish blanket looks a bit thin, so I might just wait.

Finally found a way to turn my Swedish M59 buttpack into a haversack/shoulder bag. I took an old canvas belt and made two slits at the ends and ran the clip through them. What is up with Swedish, Austrian, East German and Czech (to mention a few) military surplus and their incompability with any other gear anyways? :razz:

What?  :lol: I assume you're joking because the M59 has the worst olive drab colour ever.

Back
Top Bottom