[Outdated] Pythonic Module Editor v0.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Fujiwara

Sergeant at Arms
Announcing the Pythonic Module Editor, v.0.8.1!

(updated link, Moderator)
Download here

The Pythonic Module Editor (PyME) is a Gui-based module editor for M&B module files.

PyME requires the following to run:

NOTHING! (links removed)

A short manual is included in the PyME archive. Read BEFORE running. Lemme know what ya'll think! :grin:

Source code: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=383

Last edited by a moderator:
PyME no longer requires any external libraries! The download is a stand-alone installer. Enjoy!

It looks, and sounds good in theory, but I think it definitely needs the importer to work if anyone is to make much use of it.  I'm sure more people will give it a go once you have that working.

I gave it a bit of a go anyway, but couldn't seem to add records to any of the modules.  Are there only certain ones that work so far?

Also, Export seems to try to export to a hard coded path (C:/Program Files/Pythonic Module Editor/Export)

Thor,

Agreed re: the importers. I've included a few, but not all.

All the modules SHOULD work except for skins. Are you starting a new project? What exactly is going on?

Yes, for now, the module_xxx.py files live in that folder. The thought just occured to me to set up a config.ini file and let the user decide where to put them.

This is my first big programming project, so I'm having to learn this stuff as I go along :smile:

Hmm, seems to work now, not sure what I was doing before.

Fujiwara said:
Agreed re: the importers. I've included a few, but not all.

Well, problem is that it sounds like you need to do a lot of tweaking to them for them to import right.  But it's a good start :smile:

BTW, what I downloaded was just a rar.  Are you sure you uploaded the installer?

Ah hah :smile: Not 5 minutes after I uploaded the RAR I got the standalone Builder for PythonCard working. Try DLing it again.

I fear there's no way around the tweaking, as I couldn't possible account for every coding idiosyncracy. It was the simplest solution I could think of and make it manageble to write. I've tried to be as forgiving as possible, and tried to stick to the way the native modules files were formatted as best I could.

Ahhh, you bastard - you've done almost exactly what I have! :grin:

Have you looked into compiling your project? It's been a while since I've done any Python, however, you should be able to remove those dependencies somehow.

Still, I'll release the demo of mine later today, and we can compare features :wink:

Fujiwara said:
I fear there's no way around the tweaking, as I couldn't possible account for every coding idiosyncracy. It was the simplest solution I could think of and make it manageble to write. I've tried to be as forgiving as possible, and tried to stick to the way the native modules files were formatted as best I could.

Hmm, you should be able to account for most.  MBDev highlights what part of the entry you should currently be entering.  Although that isn't quite the same as parsing it, it is a pretty simple matter to read each string and do something with them (as I started doing with game menus).  You just need to ignore comments, and count braces.

Vacuus: Cool, looking forward to seeing yours too :smile:

All the dependencies have been removed. It exists as a stand alone app now.

I'm planning to release the code, and I'm all ears as far as suggestions go to make it better. :smile:

EDIT: Source code can be DLed here

The link in the first post takes you to the PyME page at the Repository. From there you can download the installer from there. The Repository no longer allows direct links.

Well your program is good but I'm having one trouble.

I'm using 1024x768 resolution and I can't see some buttons in Troops screen the window is big and i can't resize it.

That's the maximun resolution that I can set.

Laithar,

Thanks for using it! I'm glad you like it. :smile:

Sizing: Yes, this is the one fallback of using PythonCard to develop: sizers aren't directly supported. I wrote the program using my resolution of 1280x1024, and it didn't occur to me to add sizing by hand. I'll be sure to work on that for the next version.

No problem I used the Phyton card to change some postions in the forms that I can't saw the Buttons.

I'm testing more. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom