Suggestion General banner_icons.xml are loaded from disabled modules

Users who are viewing this thread

Custom banner_icons.xml files are loaded into the game even if their owner modules are disabled.

I've run into the following issues because of this bug so far:

1) Empty banner icon slots. There's no way to remove them unless you ask players to remove those disabled modules manually.

2) The custom colors from the disabled modules are still selectable in the Banner Editor. They are rendered correctly in-game until players try to load a saved game containing them; the game will crash because of invalid color IDs.

I think the second issue is more serious. Players may choose the custom colors from a mod they've installed before, without knowing that they'll lose progress.

Custom banner_icons.xml files are loaded into the game even if their owner modules are disabled.

I've run into the following issues because of this bug so far:

1) Empty banner icon slots. There's no way to remove them unless you ask players to remove those disabled modules manually.

2) The custom colors from the disabled modules are still selectable in the Banner Editor. They are rendered correctly in-game until players try to load a saved game containing them; the game will crash because of invalid color IDs.

I think the second issue is more serious. Players may choose the custom colors from a mod they've installed before, without knowing that they'll lose progress.
You should submit this as a bug report, not a suggestion, here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/bug-crash-reports.784/
with the id of an uploaded crash report.

Back
Top Bottom