-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

RyanMan12 said:
How do I take Grunwalder castle? There's 150 rohdok sharpshooters and 100 rohdok sergeants garrisoned there.

Sometimes it is not worth besieging when you don't have a clear guarantee of victory or minimal losses. If it is just a garrison, they are not going anywhere, so you can focus on other things. If a lord is stationed there, then wait for them to leave before attacking in open terrain.

From the world map, if you go to Notes...Characters and look someone up and then scroll down you usually see "Relation with liege". Is this my relation with this noble or is it the noble's relation with his king? For a long time I thought it was my relation with the noble but whenever I complete a quest, there's a message at the bottom left like "Relation with [noble] increased from 10 to 13" and the number is always different than the "Relation with liege" number. So, is the "Relation with liege" number, the noble's relation with his king? If it is then how do I find out my relation with several nobles?

Maximus Decimus Meridius1 said:
From the world map, if you go to Notes...Characters and look someone up and then scroll down you usually see "Relation with liege". Is this my relation with this noble or is it the noble's relation with his king? For a long time I thought it was my relation with the noble but whenever I complete a quest, there's a message at the bottom left like "Relation with [noble] increased from 10 to 13" and the number is always different than the "Relation with liege" number. So, is the "Relation with liege" number, the noble's relation with his king? If it is then how do I find out my relation with several nobles?

Yes liege means king. You can find out your relation by speaking to the lord directly and mousing over him. The relation bar and value will then show.

FAC12A145A78FD25419C5FF7E4C9237237FCF9BF

Or for a full list, go into reports, and click on ‘view list of known lords by relation’.

I am playing as a marshall and trying to organize a feast.
I provide wife with enough resources, i ask her to send invitations, i get the "feast quest".... But feast do not start until i resign (or fired) from marshall position. As soon as i resign it starts immediately. I tried at a peace time, at war,  during campaign, without campaign, trying to start or stop campaign while all the lords was in my town. Nothing helps.
Are marshalls not allowed to run a feast???
Are there some special conditions for them?
(My old game in warband 1.153)

I sent off my companion with Halmar on the table to poach a Lord from another faction (she was successful), but would there be any issues (with other Lords, honor, etc) if I give him a different one when he officially joins? I haven't spoken to him yet. I do have another town available (Wercheg).
When I poach Lords in that way I always give them what I offered, but in this case majority vote for Halmar is for an existing Lord in my faction and I agree with them. If I'd had Wercheg back then I'd have offered that instead, but just after sending my companion on the mission the Nords declared on me and I couldn't predict we'd get another town :-/

Is there a plan or an ability to play a Co-Op campaign mode, if not, is that a feasible mod or has it been done as a mod in previous MB games?

Hi there,
not sure if I'm posting in the right forum, because this is like a half gameplay half coding(modding) question.

I'm playing on a mod called Warband Advanced 2.2, with game version 1.153 (but I don't think it's a problem with the mod).

About 680 days in, I got a bad case of the relation spiral of doom where everyone hates each other forever (everyone getting indicted for treason, from every faction) which seems to be a common (kinda game breaking) issue, in the native game (without being fixed for... some reason?)
Not only am I constantly spammed with these indiction messages, it's also pretty hard to get anywhere with lords that switch factions at least once a week. I am fighting in the army of a lord (apparently a mod feature) and sometimes he gets indicted AGAIN while I'm still trying to find him after his previous indictment, which makes him join a random faction.

After some research I learned about the relations penalties that can hit a lord when they don't get the fief they wanted. It took me literal DAYS to find the right values in my mod (AND on this game version...) but I finally managed to tweak the values to calm the lords down.

Now, because I didn't want to start over, I even edited my save file and set the relations of some lords (only like 10 for testing) to a good value.
Through some testing with very high and low values, I confirmed that all my tweaks were initially working as intended
(the way I test is by waiting in a town for days/weeks, to see if lords get indicted again, while checking on their relation values now and then).

However, there seems to be more to it, as the lords still keep losing their new good relations very quickly, even with starting at +100, the fief relation loss penalty set to ZERO and possible relation gains doubled (20 for getting a fief, 0 for not getting it and up to 3 if a well liked lord get's it or something) sometimes they just lose just like 2 points over the .course of a day, but sometimes they jump from +100 to -60 or something...

So basically I would like to know what other factors may be ruining the mood. Why are the lords constantly losing relations? And I understand that there are some problem lords who just don't want to be happy, but when half of the lords have the sub-title "vindicta" ( = maximum of -100 relation) it's just laughable. Why do I even have to do all this, I just wanted to play the game, not sift through garbled numbers and baby sit the NPCs into being functional...

Anyway, here are some possible reasons I have found, which I would like to confirm or rule out:
  • Maybe now the issue is that lords are still not getting fiefs? But still, going from +100 to -60 or lower within a few ingame days...?
  • Actual relation values can go higher or lower than +-100 (???) from the wiki: https://mountandblade.fandom.com/wiki/Relationship
  • Can (very) bad relations with other factions make a lord do poorly in their own faction?
    (I set them to be hated by everyone else, so they stay in their faction, will try with every faction +100, everything neutral, etc.)
  • A lords controversy making them not get a fief (though I checked some and they had single digit values, if any) will try to test with 0 controvery
Or of course, if you know some possible issues right off the bat, lemme know.

I just want to enjoy the game again...
pls halp

Is there a plan or an ability to play a Co-Op campaign mode, if not, is that a feasible mod or has it been done as a mod in previous MB games?
Not for the entire campaign, but the mod I use (Warband Advanced 2.2) actually allows you to let your friends fight in your campaign battles. So you can help each other in Sieges, etc. I love it.

Hi there,
not sure if I'm posting in the right forum, because this is like a half gameplay half coding(modding) question.

I'm playing on a mod called Warband Advanced 2.2, with game version 1.153 (but I don't think it's a problem with the mod).

About 680 days in, I got a bad case of the relation spiral of doom where everyone hates each other forever (everyone getting indicted for treason, from every faction) which seems to be a common (kinda game breaking) issue, in the native game (without being fixed for... some reason?)
Not only am I constantly spammed with these indiction messages, it's also pretty hard to get anywhere with lords that switch factions at least once a week. I am fighting in the army of a lord (apparently a mod feature) and sometimes he gets indicted AGAIN while I'm still trying to find him after his previous indictment, which makes him join a random faction.

After some research I learned about the relations penalties that can hit a lord when they don't get the fief they wanted. It took me literal DAYS to find the right values in my mod (AND on this game version...) but I finally managed to tweak the values to calm the lords down.

Now, because I didn't want to start over, I even edited my save file and set the relations of some lords (only like 10 for testing) to a good value.
Through some testing with very high and low values, I confirmed that all my tweaks were initially working as intended
(the way I test is by waiting in a town for days/weeks, to see if lords get indicted again, while checking on their relation values now and then).

However, there seems to be more to it, as the lords still keep losing their new good relations very quickly, even with starting at +100, the fief relation loss penalty set to ZERO and possible relation gains doubled (20 for getting a fief, 0 for not getting it and up to 3 if a well liked lord get's it or something) sometimes they just lose just like 2 points over the .course of a day, but sometimes they jump from +100 to -60 or something...

So basically I would like to know what other factors may be ruining the mood. Why are the lords constantly losing relations? And I understand that there are some problem lords who just don't want to be happy, but when half of the lords have the sub-title "vindicta" ( = maximum of -100 relation) it's just laughable. Why do I even have to do all this, I just wanted to play the game, not sift through garbled numbers and baby sit the NPCs into being functional...

Anyway, here are some possible reasons I have found, which I would like to confirm or rule out:
  • Maybe now the issue is that lords are still not getting fiefs? But still, going from +100 to -60 or lower within a few ingame days...?
  • Actual relation values can go higher or lower than +-100 (???) from the wiki: https://mountandblade.fandom.com/wiki/Relationship
  • Can (very) bad relations with other factions make a lord do poorly in their own faction?
    (I set them to be hated by everyone else, so they stay in their faction, will try with every faction +100, everything neutral, etc.)
  • A lords controversy making them not get a fief (though I checked some and they had single digit values, if any) will try to test with 0 controvery
Or of course, if you know some possible issues right off the bat, lemme know.

I just want to enjoy the game again...
pls halp

Alright, I think I finally managed to fix my save file. Seems like all the kings also needed to have the negative relations replaced by neutral values, or they would still be hating and handing out indictments to their lords!
Took me a few hours, but I managed to fix the broken relations by hand and love and peace in Calradia seem to be restored ?

I'll keep testing for a while to make sure it works, then I'll edit this post and add a guide on how to effectively avoid the relations spiral of doom, so at least the people who find this don't have to go through this ordeal just to play this ****ing game in peace...

Back
Top Bottom