New radial command menu 1.5.5 beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Ash117

Regular
Hello everyone!
This is my first time posting here, so forgive me if this is not in the right section.

So I do remember reading somewhere in earlier dev notes that they were planning on the radial order menu to better help those that use a controller.
However, I was very surprised to see that this was affecting keyboard users also.
I assumed that the game thought I was using a controller, (as one is plugged in sometimes for other games) but on restart I came to realise that this is probably the new norm.

Is there anyway at all to opt out of this, and go back to the standard order menu, for those that were happy with the old system?
Or at least scale it down in size so it is less intrusive?

I use an mmo mouse and tartarus gamepad and bound all functions to my mouse, which worked really well for me, I had almost all commands down to muscle memory.
I was incredibly confused when I went to fight a band of looters and realised that the button combinations were all different, on top of that, the new menu takes up over half of my screen.
Its ok if I have to train my brain again the new combinations, but is there at least a way to move the menu somewhere less intrusive?
Or perhaps toggle the menu size without impacting the rest of the UI so that the text is for ants?

I have other numerous concerns about the new marriage system, and the lack of disciplinarian perk, but I'm probably best saving that for another thread.

Once again first time posting here :smile: sorry if this is in the wrong place

I assumed that the game thought I was using a controller, (as one is plugged in sometimes for other games) but on restart I came to realise that this is probably the new norm.

The UI dev said a new vertical menu is coming but not ready yet. This was on Discord and not the forums though. I'll link what he wrote when I get a break

I posted this on the dev update video

I actually talked to @Callum about this before he posted the video. I understand PC users wanting the option to choose radial or the vertical bar system. I personally feel the same way. For the time being, in order to collect feedback I didn't implement it but it's certainly possible and I'll bring it up internally.

realised that the button combinations were all different
F keys are still the only way to give commands with keyboard and those shortcut, at least most of them, didn't change. Only F3-F7 command locations changed.

The radical menu blocks my entire view of my character, I can't understand why anyone would want this? I hope the reason this game has so few options is not because of a console version.

This is for gamepads. Previous vertical bar system is not usable for gamepads. That's the reason.

What do you mean? So few order options or few gameplay options?

Gameplay options, this pales in comparison to many warband mods and even Viking Conquest in terms of non battle options or things for the player to do. Maybe I am just spoiled from years of modding and expect depth like 1257 AD or Nova Aetas. :cool:

I posted this on the dev update video

F keys are still the only way to give commands with keyboard and those shortcut, at least most of them, didn't change. Only F3-F7 command locations changed.
I remember it in the dev video but i don't remember it being that big, maybe just on the bottom of the screen

My 5 cents on the new radial menu is that I'm okay with new key bindings and the UI as well. My biggest problem was that I kept pressing the Esc key trying to go back in the command hierarchy. Insead I ended up getting the main menu all the time. I noticed you have to press F9 to go back in the radial menu, which is really far from where your right hand is. I would very much prefer to be able to press the Esc key instead.

My 5 cents on the new radial menu is that I'm okay with new key bindings and the UI as well. My biggest problem was that I kept pressing the Esc key trying to go back in the command hierarchy. Insead I ended up getting the main menu all the time. I noticed you have to press F9 to go back in the radial menu, which is really far from where your right hand is. I would very much prefer to be able to press the Esc key instead.
ESC should take you one layer up and shouldn't open the escape menu. I'll look into this. Thank you for the report. You also should be able to click the right mouse button go one layer up. (By layers I mean Order Set -> Order -> Closing order interface)

Edit: looks like right click is also closing the whole order interface. I'm fixing this and will try to fit it in the hotfix.

Last edited:
The UI dev said a new vertical menu is coming but not ready yet. This was on Discord and not the forums though. I'll link what he wrote when I get a break

I'd be really interested to see this too!

I already posted about this in the 1.5.5 thread, but felt compelled to say again, let us keep the old order UI, or have a choice. The new one is super intrusive. I'd hate to see Bannerlord be one of those 'dumbed down for console, games'

[...] I'd hate to see Bannerlord be one of those 'dumbed down for console, games'

This quote is worthy of being framed. I don't want to think that Bannerlord's keen casualization has been due to the future prospects of a console port. I smell a rat too...:meh:

Last edited:
I'd be really interested to see this too!

I already posted about this in the 1.5.5 thread, but felt compelled to say again, let us keep the old order UI, or have a choice. The new one is super intrusive. I'd hate to see Bannerlord be one of those 'dumbed down for console, games'

rb3fUxd.png

I blurred my salty-ass reactions and covered his name, so you're not missing anything else.

Serious question: How are you using the menue?

Granted I usually let my sergeants do the work, but radial or not, I need to remember which keys to use, if I wanted to use them while also fighting. So, even if it covered the whole screen, it likely be for at most seconds, while it matters. If I take the time ro actually read the icons and carefully plan my deposition, the obstruction of the view does not seem to me as a major problem.

Claiming it'd cover the whole screen is unfair. Someone posted a picture in the 1.5.5 thread.
It covers roughly 1/6 of the screen. Does it extend in any way?

Serious question: How are you using the menue?

Granted I usually let my sergeants do the work, but radial or not, I need to remember which keys to use, if I wanted to use them while also fighting. So, even if it covered the whole screen, it likely be for at most seconds, while it matters. If I take the time ro actually read the icons and carefully plan my deposition, the obstruction of the view does not seem to me as a major problem.

Claiming it'd cover the whole screen is unfair. Someone posted a picture in the 1.5.5 thread.
It covers roughly 1/6 of the screen. Does it extend in any way?
It doesn't cover more, that's the most that it covers. And in a few hours, with the hotfix, it's going to get smaller.

But I understand the frustrations of the players. That's why I said this way back when we published the video blog post:

I actually talked to @Callum about this before he posted the video. I understand PC users wanting the option to choose radial or the vertical bar system. I personally feel the same way. For the time being, in order to collect feedback I didn't implement it but it's certainly possible and I'll bring it up internally.

Back
Top Bottom