New patch corrupted my 20+ hr save

Users who are viewing this thread

I guess I'm confused. You all know this is Early Access. You all know its only day 4 now after release, when the majority of major bugs and crashes and such are trying to be taken care of. Why would you think you would be able to carry on your saved games like nothing ever changed ? We've all been through this before guys. Its EARLY ACCESS. They said this would happen. Its inevitable. So why complain ?

I don't think anyone is outright complaining here. How did you get that impression? :unsure: Some people are sad they lost their save files, but I don't think there's any hostility in that at least.

EDIT: I can't speak for other threads. I'm sure there are angry players out there.

I don't think anyone is outright complaining here. How did you get that impression? :unsure: Some people are sad they lost their save files, but I don't think there's any hostility in that at least.

EDIT: I can't speak for other threads. I'm sure there are angry players out there.
This thread by it's very TITLED nature is a complaint. I'm not being hostile at all. I am genuinely confused why people would complain about it when they know its supposed too, and going too happen.

I guess I'm confused. You all know this is Early Access. You all know its only day 4 now after release, when the majority of major bugs and crashes and such are trying to be taken care of. Why would you think you would be able to carry on your saved games like nothing ever changed ? We've all been through this before guys. Its EARLY ACCESS. They said this would happen. Its inevitable. So why complain ?

So its early access and we inform about bugs. Its a bug, right? isn't that what it's for? to help the company find and eliminate bugs?

Devs have confirmed that they have fixed this issue and will push an update ASAP. I don't have the link to the post since I'm on my phone though.

This thread by it's very TITLED nature is a complaint. I'm not being hostile at all. I am genuinely confused why people would complain about it when they know its supposed too, and going too happen.

You could say that this thread should have been made in the technical support section. But maybe OP didn't know there was such a thing.

I view OP's post more as a bug report than a complaint.

Regardless, the issue is being fixed now. It's a good thing someone made a post about this ?

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the posts in here... people are voicing their problems and concerns that's all.
I know, and everyone here knows the game is just released and it's EA and that there will be problems, but that doesn't mean people can't let others know what their particular problem is.
For one thing, it will ease the mind somewhat if they find out if others have encountered the same issue... for another, they will find out if others have reported the issue and the dev's know about it.
Keep each other informed chaps, it all helps!

This has nothing to do with complaining if no one opens a thread where he/she writes "Hey I have a problem here and there" then the devs will not know about this bugs. When will you white knights understand that talking about failures and bugs is helping the devs to know where the problems are. You should also know that Early Access means they want us to report stuff or talk about this or even find why it is happening so they do not have to use time to find why stuff is happening.

It means they will try to convert your save game to the new version. It might work or not. Seriously guys STOP complaining that new patches corrupt your save games, this WILL happen in EA. The only way it wouldn't is if they only released minor graphics updates or nothing. We all want this game to progress and that will only happen with updates and those will break your games. Programming is not magic. It's hard.
Thank you! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom