Saves get corrupted after roughly 45 loads (Not saves, loads). Please devs fix this asap or everyone's campaigns will brick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Yep. happened to me because I like to reload many times (I reloaded every time my favorite soldiers got killed during battle or hideout raids). Now it will not load into the game at all, just freezes on loading screen. The little galloping horse loading icon never even gets started, poor little guy. I wouldn't mind starting a new campaign right now if they fixed this but alas, I don't really want to, because I know that after 45 loads it will just brick... sigh... oh well, guess I'll just reload as few times as possible... laaaaaaaame

Again, considering the current status of the game, make incremental saves, make a new one every hour or two. It'll save you a lot of trouble. Overwrite a few times then make a new save.

I am playing hardcore ironman since I have heard of this bug. ?

Can confirm it happened to me too with 20+ hours game time, and 45 ish loads... game instantly crashes when i try to resume the save.

Yes that is true! Tested it now twice! so that means -
even if you only load your game once per day (when you wake up and start the game for example)
you only got 44 days to play the game before your progress is gone..

Again, considering the current status of the game, make incremental saves, make a new one every hour or two. It'll save you a lot of trouble. Overwrite a few times then make a new save.
That doesn't work sadly. Any new save carries the load corruption so even if you make 200 different saves they ultimately corrupt once you load them 45 times. If you make a new save once you have hit 45 it won't ever load, any older saves you load will work for a bit but they all brick after a while, any new save you make from the older save will carry the same corruption and still have a few loads before it bricks. There is no way for players to go around it, we can only stop playing single-player and wait for a fix from the devs.

This doesn't help at all. Every times you load the game it gets corrupted a little bit. Then when you save the corruption is carried into the save. After 45 load/save the save is fully corrupted and always crashed your game.

just commenting, also a sufferer of this bug, pretty crippling.

To those in this thread I'd reccomend using the character exporter mod from an earlier save and then just starting anew

you clearly did not read the head of the topic! its not saving that causes it - its the LOADING matey! you can create 10k saves it does not matter! but as soon as you load in for the 45th time your file gets corrupted!

What a weird bug. It seems almost like an implementation for the demo/trial version of the game.

just commenting, also a sufferer of this bug, pretty crippling.

To those in this thread I'd reccomend using the character exporter mod from an earlier save and then just starting anew

Had no idea there was a mod to export characters. Can you please direct me how to do that? I've never modded this game before, wouldn't know where to begin... Thanks

Back
Top Bottom