New patch corrupted my 20+ hr save

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been having so much fun on this game, I played most of the day on release and had an issue with the game crashing and had to start fresh. I've really put a lot of time into this second save, over 20+ hours, have worked really hard on it and since this patch, it will no longer work? I can load the previous version prior to the patch, however, when I save over them they also become corrupted. I don't even get past the loading screen, it just freezes and crashes when I load the save...Wasn't one of the patch notes from this patch to help players who had corrupted saved play again? Not corrupt the saves that were doing just fine prior.

I got 59 saves and every broken. 34 hours of playing and my adventure with this game just ended. Really I don't want to feel more upset. I'd better wait for the stable version and I advise you to do it to all those who do not want to be disappointed like me at this moment.

Got same issue. I still have slightly older save that i can load without crashing, but every time i do new save it endup corrupted too and making game crash.

Got same issue. I still have slightly older save that i can load without crashing, but every time i do new save it endup corrupted too and making game crash.

Yeah, that's the exact same as me. I was happy enough starting fresh when my 5-hour campaign became corrupted but 20+ hours is a different story...At this point, as much as I love the game, I'll likely wait for a confirmed fix before I pick it up again. Fingers crossed, my save will survive.

Funny that alot of people now have same issue at same-ish time, I also have older saves that work but if I take them, new saves will be corrupted. Very sad.

It might not be the patch. It seems any playthrough can only be saved so many times before the saves eventually all become corrupted. Some players report this limit is 45 saves - that's all you get atm. You might just have hit this limit right after patch.

I have saved 167 times. I know this because I serialize my save game file names. Each save is in it's own file. Perhaps the corruption occurs when overwriting the same file. It shouldn't, but who knows.

Good to know! Then the number 45 is definitely not set in stone. I hope you continue with no issues, but I'm afraid the save corruption eventually gets to us all.
I generally save every 5 minutes or so, before and after every battle and quest (since several are still bugged). So by now I've saved my game a couple of hundred times and no save corruption so far. I assumed you don't mean 45 different saves games, as who would need that :razz:
It isn't just saves. It's loading from a save then saving again, and no saving to a different file doesn't help from what people are saying. I don't know if I have run into this or not because I'm not sure how many loads+saves I had on my character who got corrupted

I have saved 167 times. I know this because I serialize my save game file names. Each save is in it's own file. Perhaps the corruption occurs when overwriting the same file. It shouldn't, but who knows.
I read that the corruption occurs when you save, then load, then save ( 45 times). So basically if you play game, autosave on exit, and launch the next day by loading that save, and repeat -> will end up in corruption after 45 loads

EDIT: and yes, unlikely for any fix to help with the current saves, since there is some kind of memory leaks - which means new saves will be needed after the devs fix this.

I suspect this is not actually file corruption at all. I suspect that some kind of even trigger is happening in the game and that leads to crashing. The event trigger, whatever it is, is being saved. It could be part of a quest or it could be an event happening in a faction. Whenever the game happens to hit it, it crashes.

I do not belong to a kingdom in my current game. I have avoided bandit hideouts and buggy quests. I have never even talked to a lord or king.

I have abused the save and load system extensively. One might think that I would be a prime target for file corruption. ***knocks wood*** So far so good.

There is something in your save making the game crash but it does not appear to be file corruption. I have no idea where someone came up with the 45 save thing. It's an interesting idea, but as a software engineer I have to wonder how that would even be possible.

It's too bad the saves are not in XML format like many modern computer games. Then we could rifle through them and compare notes and the problem would be quite fixable.

my game crashes when i try to load some of my savedgames, then i tried to load a earlier load, and played from there and now it crashes again -.-

I get the message ' Are you sure you want to load this game with different modules' What does that mean for my savegame?

It means they will try to convert your save game to the new version. It might work or not. Seriously guys STOP complaining that new patches corrupt your save games, this WILL happen in EA. The only way it wouldn't is if they only released minor graphics updates or nothing. We all want this game to progress and that will only happen with updates and those will break your games. Programming is not magic. It's hard.

I does not have to be 45 it can be more but the corruption happens. This bug should now be #1 on their to fix list

I suspect this is not actually file corruption at all. I suspect that some kind of even trigger is happening in the game and that leads to crashing. The event trigger, whatever it is, is being saved. It could be part of a quest or it could be an event happening in a faction. Whenever the game happens to hit it, it crashes.

I do not belong to a kingdom in my current game. I have avoided bandit hideouts and buggy quests. I have never even talked to a lord or king.

I have abused the save and load system extensively. One might think that I would be a prime target for file corruption. ***knocks wood*** So far so good.

There is something in your save making the game crash but it does not appear to be file corruption. I have no idea where someone came up with the 45 save thing. It's an interesting idea, but as a software engineer I have to wonder how that would even be possible.

It's too bad the saves are not in XML format like many modern computer games. Then we could rifle through them and compare notes and the problem would be quite fixable.

The number 45 is just the amount of saves+loads the first players testing this got before their saves corrupted. It has since stuck and turned out to hold true for many other players (not exactly 45 but thereabouts).

The issue has been tested on completely new games where nothing is done apart from repeatedly saving and loading in again. The corruption still happens even though no triggers are activated (by the player at least).

I guess I'm confused. You all know this is Early Access. You all know its only day 4 now after release, when the majority of major bugs and crashes and such are trying to be taken care of. Why would you think you would be able to carry on your saved games like nothing ever changed ? We've all been through this before guys. Its EARLY ACCESS. They said this would happen. Its inevitable. So why complain ?

Back
Top Bottom