OSP 2D Art 3D Art New Female face model and textures(v1.3 Updated)

Users who are viewing this thread

Really great skins here. Look really nice, although a little bit out of place when all the men are extremely low resolution.

Broken_one

I have an idea, one that requires much work, I think?
Why not add a feature to the interface, as an arrow to switch to other accessories,
(war paint, jewelry, accessories?)

instead of putting the jewels on the button with the beard, create your own buttons!
something like this picture.
pruebamenu.png

now ... who knows to fix that, in the interface?

that bad, is to have ideas and not that they can be carried out!

ESPAÑOL

Yo tengo una idea, solo que requiere mucho trabajo ,pienso?
Por que no añadir una caracteristica a la interfaz, como alguna flecha para cambiar a otros accesorios,
(pintura de guerra, joyas, accesorios?)

en lugar de colocar las joyas en el boton de las barbas, crear sus propios botones!

algo parecido a esta imagen.

ahora...quién, sabe arreglar eso, en la interfaz? 

que malo, es tener ideas y no poderlas llevar a cabo!

Alexandru_cel_Mare said:
Are you able to solve this, because we would like to use them for Brytenwalda.

To make them even better, you could combine them whith Sybilla`s Hairstyles, which are OSP as farr as i know.

Look here some combination: Barf Female Face + Sybilla Hayrstile:

Which mod is this? that dress looks nice

How can this mod be used in CRPG?

In fact I would like to know how to apply this mod to any mod because when I have tried before I received mixed results normally bad ones.

I got a problem.

I tried to install this in Floris Mod Pack, but it doesn't work. Even worse, it crashes when I try to load a game, start a new game, custom battle, and multiplayer. But, I've installed this in Native, and it works. Anyone know how to fix this?

Sorry for bumping old thread.

I have a problem as well, one that I can't seem to solve. I have tried installing this within multiple mods such as Roman Invasion and Europe 1200. This is what has happened in both mods:

Women look like this:

And men like this:

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

I retextured the mesh with native's standard female face texture to eliminate the dark bold line at the head, slightly changed the model to eliminate the floating head bug, and recomposed the vertex anim with native standard time frame for easier installation (no need to modify skins.txt to replace native female face with this one).
1350820901.jpg
You can download it from[Link deleted. I recommend y_sephiroth's version instead].

I made an edited version of this, similarly mapped to use native textures but with more editing of the mesh.

3873-1-1355077705.jpg

I re-mapped the model to use Native textures and altered the mesh somewhat to strike a balance between the Native face mesh and Broken_one's mesh.

I also redid all the vertex animations (for face morphing sliders) and tried to strike a balance resembling what Iboltax did in his fantastic "Face Improvement Project" (for male faces), so you get a decent variation in the face morphs, but the sliders are not so extreme that the ladies' faces look too unrealistic (especially a problem with the ladies that use very extreme slider positions in their face gen).

Hopefully I've struck a fine balance and this mod can be used as a nice companion to Iboltax's male face mesh.

You can find it at the Nexus

3873-1-1355077592.jpg

3873-2-1355077592.jpg

BTW I did get permission from Barf before releasing this, but not from Broken_one as his account has been inactive for over a year. I sent a PM to him anyway, but I don't think I'll get a reply. Both of them have been credited though of course.

Thanks man.

I did actually take a look at your version, which you released while I was already half way through my own. It was good, but I felt you didn't edit the old mesh enough so that the UV mapping didn't quite work as well as what I was looking for.

You are of course free to use it (and edit it) as you like, but I should point out that I didn't re-bake the mesh (to generate new normal maps) so the normal maps (vanilla) make the mesh appear more angular than it is. I am considering baking new normal maps but if I was going to do it then I would do it properly, by making a high poly version of the mesh first, so it's quite a big job, but the results would, I think, be worth it, as a properly generated normal map can make a mesh look extremely smooth. I think I'll wait a while longer and see if people spot any bugs, and just generally get some feedback before I decide one way or the other.

And thanks again for the kind words.

-- EDIT --
As an aside, is it worth making a separate thread for my edited version? It is significantly different from the original, but I did use this mesh as a base so I'm not sure.

y_sephiroth said:
As an aside, is it worth making a separate thread for my edited version? It is significantly different from the original, but I did use this mesh as a base so I'm not sure.
Noone will know you made anything if you post the link in this topic because you are not able to edit the links in the first post and few see former posts.
Give credit to Broken_one in your topic that's all. This is OSP area wich means Open Source!

Does anyone have any idea as to how one would go about installing the Improved Male Faces mod with this mod already installed?

Thanks in advance.

Captain_Fozzington said:
Does anyone have any idea as to how one would go about installing the Improved Male Faces mod with this mod already installed?

Thanks in advance.

Yes. Get OpenBRF and put stuff from the things in one to the other.
Basically - if they both have materials_face_gen - use the import anything from a BRF feature in OpenBRF to import EVERYTHING from there. Delete any copies.

Back
Top Bottom