OSP Medieval 3D Art Narf's Transitional Armour Pack (Updated 07/19/10)

Users who are viewing this thread

Awesome. I would appreciate the female versions so I can get sword sisters out of that ugly plate...Maybe useful if someone did a 'Joan of Arc' mod too....
Models are epic! :grin:

*downloaded about 5 seconds ago*

Well, I guess I can do some female versions.  Although Joan of Arc wouldn't have worn this type of armour- seeing as she died in 1431, she would have worn full plate armour.  As I stated in the 1st post, this stuff is equipment dating from ca 1350-1400. 

ah....Joan of arc was merely to try an guilt you into making feminine versions.....Female companions would look awesome in these kits.
Armors fit pretty smoothly with most navtive armors,....although the quality of your textures kinda makes the vanilla models look like the amatuer's work

mb1.jpg

I mean, look! :grin:

Also, while I realize many months of work have gone into this, and you may be a little tired of modeling, do you think that sometime you could do a version of the hornskull bascinet with the visor open?

Finally, did you make some mesh called coppergate_helm? I didn't notice it in the brf...but some item in the shop could not find that mesh. Could be some leftover mistake in my module though...

Great work, and lod's too...exceptional mod package :grin:

Would you consider making a middle of the 13th century armour pack, Narf?  (Sorry I just couldn't resist asking) :smile:

Finally, did you make some mesh called coppergate_helm? I didn't notice it in the brf...but some item in the shop could not find that mesh. Could be some leftover mistake in my module though...

...Crap.  I changed the native Nordic Helmet to a coppergate helm I made.  It's not in the armour pack.  Open your item_kinds1 file, seach for 'coppergate', and change that reference to 'helmet_w_eyeguard_new'.

othr said:
Would you consider making a middle of the 13th century armour pack, Narf?  (Sorry I just couldn't resist asking) :smile:

Er, isn't most of what's in Warband already pretty much just that? 

Also, I'm having trouble figuring out how to get the female body morphs implemented in openBRF.  I'm still trying to find some useful info here on the forum, but if anyone knows how it's done (I mean specifically- I assumed I knew how to do it, I just can't get it to work), feel free to give me some pointers.

-Make the proper deformations in wings or blender, export as obj.
(avoid adding or removing any verts since it will break compatibility with the existing version of the mesh)
-In Open brf select the mesh you wish to add the vertex frames to, Then Import> Vertex-animated Mesh Frame, (choose your newly created obj of course).
-This will add another frame, so you will have frames 0 and 1
-Because the female frame is at frame 2 you need to either import the same vertex frame again, or much quicker Ctrl-Alt-C *copy mesh frame Ctrl-Alt-V *paste mesh frame

The number beside the frame is a time code, they should be

frame 0 time 0 *male frame
frame 1 time 10
frame 2 time 20  *female frame

I have no idea what frame 1 is for...seemingly nothing.

othr said:

Some of it is, some of it is 14th century and some is 10th or 11th.  It sure is enough to satisfy most European troop types but I'd like some 13th century Byzantine, Mongol and Russian stuff.  Khergit junk is just, hrm, pretty bad and vaegir equipment,even though quite pretty, doesn't fit Rus' people well either.

CounterPoint391 said:
ah....Joan of arc was merely to try an guilt you into making feminine versions.....Female companions would look awesome in these kits.
Armors fit pretty smoothly with most navtive armors,....although the quality of your textures kinda makes the vanilla models look like the amatuer's work

mb1.jpg

To think some people found the vanilla WB plate awesome: not only was it ugny as sin, but the knee-to-shin transition was a catastrophy...
Now *that*'s both beautifull and smoothly done.

Pro work!

(now...please, someone code this so that Swadian top troops and lords wear them. Pweease? :grin:)

Just a suggestion. But what i'd like to see would be some very late about to die byzantine armour. And maybe some new different styles of plate armour e.g fluted armour, horned/and winged helmets, some helmets with long plumage?? and feel free to try your hand at scalemail, lamellae, or any other armour forms ? :mrgreen:       

some ideas:  http://warandgame.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/1242icerusssml.jpg

http://www.historum.com/showthread.php?t=10854              (scroll down  a bit and youll start seeing some interesting armours. REMEMBER! ALL OF THIS IS JUST A SUGGESTION!

Back
Top Bottom