OSP Medieval 3D Art Narf's Transitional Armour Pack (Updated 07/19/10)

Users who are viewing this thread

Screenshots representing the ingame armors on ultra setting

Bad ass knight:
knightinthecity.jpg
Crossbow men in epic action:
crossbowmenpissedoffint.jpg
Most epic knight you will ever see on taleworlds forum:
frenchknightintavernrea.jpg
Enjoy

Sorry man, but those pics don't do them right. :/ An out-door scene would be better and more natural graphics as well.

FrisianDude said:
Sorry man, but those pics don't do them right. :/ An out-door scene would be better and more natural graphics as well.

Wow some of you guys on this forum have nothing to say ! These shots are just there to show maxium details, the lights in the taverns help showing bumps on models. I did not intend to make realistic natural screenshot of ingame to please your sense of realism  :grin:

simontotalwar said:
FrisianDude said:

Wow some of you guys on this forum have nothing to say ! These shots are just there to show maxium details, the lights in the taverns help showing bumps on models. I did not intend to make realistic natural screenshot of ingame to please your sense of realism  :grin:

If you wanted to make them look like **** - congratulations! You succeeded.

simontotalwar said:
I tend to look at the .dds textures themselves to see all the details. :razz:

simontotalwar said:

Indoors scenes don't load bump maps the right way...

Merlkir said:
simontotalwar said:
FrisianDude said:

If you wanted to make them look like **** - congratulations! You succeeded.

I lol'd.

Amazing work, right there at page 1.

Awesome! I was looking for something like that! To put some plates in the game, you know?

Very nice! :grin:

There are really the better meshes and textures I've ever seem in M&B. Your packs are a divine gift for all the modders. Thank you a lot, and ... don't stop!
I have edited some of them in order to do heraldic armors with tableau material, the results are nice...

i think the leather shoe component is the best foot item i've ever seen. i crossbred the leather greave with mail chausses:

clipboard01gs.jpg

Well, I don't intend to stop... But my output will be very low.  I'm too busy to really crank the models out anymore. 

I am working on a project I'd put down for a while.  I could use some advice, though.  It's going to be based on the Churburg #13 armour, and I inted to give it some fancy trim etc.  If there are any historians around, maybe you could help me decide what the fauld/hips should look like.  Here's where I'm at:

churburg_13.png

Remember it's only a wip- the uvs aren't even done yet, let alone the diffuse.

The Churburg #13 armour has only mail covering the hips.  I thought it would be cool to do something more like this:
pic_spot_basc09-1.jpg

I have found a couple photos of repros like that, but I'm not sure how historically accurate it is.  Anyway, if I go with that, should there be an arming garment, or some kind of coat, over the mail on the hips and/or upper body?  As it is, the mail over the ass looks kinda boring, I think.

The other option I'm considering is this:
ChurburgArmour01044copyedit.jpg

Which I believe is a fauld made of leather-covered plates (that's pretty much how the whole armour will look after it's textured, btw).  The only thing I wonder about that, is how it looks in the back (ie how it does up, etc).

Any advice would be appreciated.

I can't give you any advice, but I'll surely give you appreciation! :smile:

Why not include both models - Both the screenshot #2 & #3 faulds?
Most of the model and texture can be used even if you do two variants.
I do understand the extra you'd have to spend though, so finish whichever you like the most.

I love this armor, Thanks NArf.  This is for you .  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uxbHAE0ED0

This is what happens when Swadia has some economy issues and resorts to hiring the local banditry / peasantry .  Sorry about the bad quality video.

Thanks for all the love  :grin:

For anyone who may care, I think I've pretty much decided how the new plate armour will look:
churburg_13_2.jpg

The mail over the body may end up being covered by a jupon, but either way, that's about how it's going to look.

Narf of Picklestink said:
Thanks for all the love  :grin:

For anyone who may care, I think I've pretty much decided how the new plate armour will look:
churburg_13_2.jpg

The mail over the body may end up being covered by a jupon, but either way, that's about how it's going to look.

Great work, i believe the jupon would be better than plain chainmail.

First of all, the items look great.

I downloaded the file, and overwrited the files in my native folder.

When I start up the game, it crashes and I get this error.

2ppwsc6.png

I downloaded the new official patch, mabey it's incompatible with this pack?

Back
Top Bottom