Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just poppin' by casually checking if anythings changed, good to see we're still moaning about lack of news.

Just keep checking that the devs are logging in every day on the Steam Page an that keeps me happy, they're working on it.

Stan546 said:
Just poppin' by casually checking if anythings changed, good to see we're still moaning about lack of news.

Just keep checking that the devs are logging in every day on the Steam Page an that keeps me happy, they're working on it.

Did you see the E3 news though? Might be a ways off, but they're going.

SirMairaki said:
Maybe for a game a month or two from release or already released, but if people are complaining about lack of info on a game which doesn't even have a release date yet, I would just ignore the impatient bastards and wait until real info is released and people have something to actually discuss (and complain about if the game is actually bad).

Disclaimer: This is based on if I were someone who just showed up and didn't know about the sporadic release of information. That's what my reaction would be.

Keep in mind that this echo chamber won't likely just disappear on its own. People are mad at Taleworlds for teasing them for 5 years - If the game isn't the best thing since sliced bread, you can expect this will be a trend that continues on. But then again, I doubt Taleworlds seems to care because they prefer the approach of shutting themselves in. Might bite them later down the road, but we'll (hopefully) see.

Kehlian said:
@Salmonsy, I know it will be, because they made Warband, which is still really good as of today, and they are improving it to become bannerlord. (though the character ageing thingy gets me put off a bit, but that's another topic).

I'm not saying it's doomed or anything, just that we should be careful what is showing, and TW should manage their community, and we should help however we can, because we also want the game to thrive and have a good community/experience.

They built a completely new engine and tinkered with it all the time, chances are that this is where the most work went into. Under the hood changes, how important and significant they may be, do not guarentee for a good gameplay experience. Warband also has a lot of issues and Warband already is the fixed version of Mount&Blade which was sold seperately. And since so much time was spent on developing the game and constantly tweaking it the devs might've lost sight of what is important und what isn't. It's something that sometimes happens if you focus on smaller details, they might turn out great but you forgot to paint the bigger picture, so to speak.

I'd recommend reading through the development cycle(s) Duke Nukem Forever went through. They were so focused on delivering the best gameTM that they switched engines multiple times and couldn't decide on how the game should look like, leading to a seemingly eternal place in development hell.

kalarhan said:
Kehlian said:
proof of how toxic the community can be

http://steamcommunity.com/app/261550/discussions/0/333656722981625821/

they can clean up the entire Steam forum any day they want to. It is on the rules ...

Due to the quantity of users on this forum, there will be no second chances.

so stop worrying about silly things. Purge will come whetever they feel it is time to invest on PR (probably when pre-orders are available, or beta/early access)  :mrgreen:

Hope it will be done sooner than later :p

Now back on BL, I'm worrying about Denuvo, why is everyone saying that it's bad and not mod-friendly ? I really don't know much about it, and it's hard to know what's true or not.

There's exemples like CD Projekt Red, with the Witchers series, no DLCs, and selling like lemon juice on a sunny day. Do you think TW has the potential to do the same with BL ? Do you think they need DRMs, and why ?

I really don't have a stopped thought on this topic, and I genuinely want your opinion, guys.
Salmonsy said:
SirMairaki said:
Maybe for a game a month or two from release or already released, but if people are complaining about lack of info on a game which doesn't even have a release date yet, I would just ignore the impatient bastards and wait until real info is released and people have something to actually discuss (and complain about if the game is actually bad).

Disclaimer: This is based on if I were someone who just showed up and didn't know about the sporadic release of information. That's what my reaction would be.

Keep in mind that this echo chamber won't likely just disappear on its own. People are mad at Taleworlds for teasing them for 5 years - If the game isn't the best thing since sliced bread, you can expect this will be a trend that continues on. But then again, I doubt Taleworlds seems to care because they prefer the approach of shutting themselves in. Might bite them later down the road, but we'll (hopefully) see.

Kehlian said:
@Salmonsy, I know it will be, because they made Warband, which is still really good as of today, and they are improving it to become bannerlord. (though the character ageing thingy gets me put off a bit, but that's another topic).

I'm not saying it's doomed or anything, just that we should be careful what is showing, and TW should manage their community, and we should help however we can, because we also want the game to thrive and have a good community/experience.

They built a completely new engine and tinkered with it all the time, chances are that this is where the most work went into. Under the hood changes, how important and significant they may be, do not guarentee for a good gameplay experience. Warband also has a lot of issues and Warband already is the fixed version of Mount&Blade which was sold seperately. And since so much time was spent on developing the game and constantly tweaking it the devs might've lost sight of what is important und what isn't. It's something that sometimes happens if you focus on smaller details, they might turn out great but you forgot to paint the bigger picture, so to speak.

I'd recommend reading through the development cycle(s) Duke Nukem Forever went through. They were so focused on delivering the best gameTM that they switched engines multiple times and couldn't decide on how the game should look like, leading to a seemingly eternal place in development hell.

I'm really worried about that "echo-chamber" as you call it, it might stick to TW's boots for a while... I really hope it won't, though.
I haven't seen anything about Duke Nukem Forever, I'll check it out, thanks :smile:

Salmonsy said:
SirMairaki said:

I'm not 100% certain it won't largely disappear. The complaints are aimed to the information being released, not the content of the game, so once the information becomes somewhat irrelevant (after release), the angst may begin to disappear. On the other hand, you could be right and it will continue to exist long after release. I guess only time will tell.

SirMairaki said:
I'm not 100% certain it won't largely disappear. The complaints are aimed to the information being released, not the content of the game, so once the information becomes somewhat irrelevant (after release), the angst may begin to disappear. On the other hand, you could be right and it will continue to exist long after release. I guess only time will tell.
Emotions are seldom rational. People feel betrayed/abandoned by Taleworlds and every month passing without any information on how far the game actually is or how it is going to improve on Warband reinfoces that feeling. After all, the gameplay we've seen so far could be heavily scripted and cobbled together to have something to show the masses, we simply don't know yet.

Captain Lust simply stating that he 'can't talk about that right now' and being vague in general just about everything can be extremely aggravating depending on how you want to interpret these statements - especially if people have been teased for 5 long years about the game.

Take this all into account and the community, fanbase or whatever you want to call the people waiting for Bannerlord can turn bad for a long time. I'm pretty confident in my prediction that Bannerlord's release will see more trolls and haters than the average game release, mostly former fans badmouthing the game simply out of spite.

Salmonsy said:
mostly former fans badmouthing the game simply out of spite.

This is so silly.. i'm starving for news just like everyone else in this thread, but once the game is released i'll kiss my wife, lock myself in our room and play it until my eyes bleed (or she demand a divorce) :party:

They already did official Invasion mode for Warband... maybe E3 is to announce a cRPG or PW mode  :lol:
Now seriously, if it's going to be another video and "more news coming soon"(201:cool: "can't say anything yet" "some kind of early access for Christmas" this is turning to hell  :facepalm:

SirMairaki said:
oppai said:
It'd be hilarious if TW decides to show off some console stuff instead of our Butterlord :grin:

TW at E3:
Check out this brand new update for Warband on consoles!!  :party: :party: :party:
See ya next year! :party:
I thought about a preview of an early access on steam for the Q4 2k17, but your idea is more realistic than mine.
Touche

Taleworlds confirmed for E3... But they don't tell their fanbase anything. We are just the peasants who buy their game.

Cool. Rise up beyond the peasants, Taleworlds. Enjoy the air up there.  :party:

Jostino said:
SirMairaki said:
oppai said:
It'd be hilarious if TW decides to show off some console stuff instead of our Butterlord :grin:

TW at E3:
Check out this brand new update for Warband on consoles!!  :party: :party: :party:
See ya next year! :party:
I thought about a preview of an early access on steam for the Q4 2k17, but your idea is more realistic than mine.
Touche

This is exactly what I think it will be... Probably an early access with only multiplayer team deadmatches or something like this...

Pfff, if they delay Bannerlord even more, it will be obsolete on its release.

M&B was a great game with ugly graphics and repeatable bugs plus annoying "NPC>player". But still it is one of the best games ever made. But it only happens once.

They can't afford to stall Bannerlord much longer... I won't buy it in 2018 and I'm sure other people think the same.

I think the biggest problem with them keeping delaying Bannerlord is that way they need to update graphics, engine etc. Otherwise if the game is released in mid 2018 or something and hasn't improved graphics etc. It's like an evil circle :/

I think actually Bannerlord is one of the only games where Early Access would make sense! Give us the basic features in first release and then add the new quest, features, Co-op for that matter after.

On a whole other note i know the argument that we haven't paid anything and we don't own anything = We can't complain has been said countless of times. But we're after all fans! And as sports team fans can complain we can too, and it's not okay to treat us like idiots and be silent for this long, especially not given how long the game has been in development and saying almost nothing since the announcement that the game most likely not will release in 2016... I mean what are we to believe ? Just be honest with us... If you only knew 1 or 2 months before end of 2016 that it wouldn't release it's natural that we expect the game must be atleast somewhat close to release hence the frustrating silence and sudden update to Warband..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom