Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when he said we will give the player tools that we had making the game does that mean if they create ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) mod they can make Riverrun and winterfell look like in the pictures of the book or the look from the tv show ? and ofcourse Armor

Well, I'm satisfied.

Armaury said:
Would be really nice if the troops participate more with the siege weapons, and if archers can Burn a door in wood like in the video !!! or archers defending can brun the tower ! :wink:
If I'm not mistaken, in the siege trailer the castle defenders burned down the siege tower. So I'm guessing the main aim as a defender apart from stopping the assault would be to destroy the various siege weapons to force a choke point. Hopefully there will be a way to push down ladders and destroy battering rams.

Kiyakkoray said:
Leifr Eiríksson said:
Why are so many people looking at this thread? Did I miss some important news? Has Lust gone nuts for a cup of English tea in Turkey? Did Ragnor shave his legs? Is Armagan still reclining in his chair wearing only underpants?

his legs are hairy as ever

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Still the same ?? (Déjà-vu)  :fruity:

I'm really waiting for the game and I'm sure it will be great.

But there's something that worries me. How are you supposed to push a siege tower in multiplayer if you can't hold your shield while doing it. Same thing for the ladders. It's going to be so hard.

Meevar the Mighty said:
Most things in the video look splendid to me, but a few things niggle:

- Very nice that there will be pre-siege troop placement, however, it looks as though the grouping of troops is very simple, with one block of infantry and another of archers. In Warband, the player could assign different troop types to different groups and re-designate groups, so I could have group 1 with sharpshooters and huscarls, while group 2 has the same troops but 1 tier lower, for example. I was hoping that this would be made more in-depth, so that individual troops could be designated in the way that companions can, but it looks as though it may be simplified, which would be very bad. Maybe another indicator that the game has been dumbed down for consoles.

"another" indicator; have we seen evidence at all of it being dumbed down for consoles? Besides, in Warband sieges everyone spawned just waiting for the tower to reach the wall or they all raced for the ladders, archers included- and why would you need to use more than the default number of groups for a siege, let alone lumping archers with melee? In most situations, you want your archers stood outside shooting while the infantry attack, not running along with them, though it could be useful I suppose if you wanted to make that group all stand still on top of a tower once inside the castle; the infantry could stop enemy melee from reaching your archers. The point is, the fact that they didn't seem to be using more than the default groups doesn't suggest that the ability to make extra groups is suddenly gone.

- The "Pacing" option might indicate that running costs stamina, which I expect would be very bad.

If they introduced such a thing then I'm sure they would test it; I saw no problems one could attribute to a lack of stamina in the video. I doubt stamina is a feature though.

- It could be very problematic that troops don't know how to evacuate a ram.

I'm not sure that I saw that; when the internal gate was being attacked one or two men were slowly clambering through the middle of it but I thought they had come from behind it. Still, it shouldn't be hard to sort out, they could make all troops go around the ram and those operating it could have an automatically triggered animation once the doors are broken to clamber over the open side sections.

- A siege tower is moved across rough ground by just a handful of men, which is pretty ridiculous. Why don't they just push the wall over?

One has to suspend disbelief a bit. I don't know how exactly a tower would be moved in real life, but it might take half the army. Personally this never stands out to me as a glaring error.

- The player character meets a lot of troops in the gatehouse that completely ignore him, clearly preoccupied with another objective. I'd prefer have a 25v25 where the bots can prioritise than a 250v250 where they're all thick as a brick. People play M&B over Total War because troops behave as individuals, so it would be good if the troops in Bannerlord would behave as individuals.

He has to hack his way through defenders coming through the first door and is pursued by one or two men inside. After that, the next group of men he meets are his own team, they have come up a ladder that you can see through the far door. Then a couple of defenders come up the stairs into the gatehouse, and yes, they face the nearer, large group of the player's allies rather than the player who is a metre or so further away.

- A catapult that can destroy masonry to that extent in one hit should have no trouble with a gate that can be broken down with swords, so most of the engines and stratagems employed in the siege seem to be vastly surplus to sensibility.

Er, I suppose so, but then the catapults weren't facing the gate were they? Besides, are you forgetting that the outer gate had to be broken by the ram, not by swords?

Now I looked again at the video, I see what people mean about falling speed, it needs to be a little faster.

They are watching  :ohdear:

TGXoqnU.png

the people talking about their 'disappointments' are so stupid and self-entitled. I thought it looked really great anyway and especially considering it has at least 6 months before an early access release and then even longer until a full release. As always it's great to see ginger senpai, Ciğerimin köşesi.

the bot who helped put the ladder up was cool and the defenders moving about the walls to each new threat was good. Maybe the better the leadership skill of the commander defending, the quicker their soldiers and the more the right amount go to each point of attack automatically.

Etekleri zil çalıyor

Bloodbeag said:
the people talking about their 'disappointments' are so stupid and self-entitled. I thought it looked really great anyway and especially considering it has at least 6 months before an early access release and then even longer until a full release. As always it's great to see ginger senpai
Has it been confirmed for early access? I hope not.

well they said they were really hoping to have it in the player's hands in some form by the end of the year whether that be a beta through taleworlds themselves or an early access on steam is unknown

I realy hope we wont get a bloody early acces. Just take a look at that mess that they call Blood and Gold: Caribbean. It has been out of early acces for a quite some time now, and only just recently got an update adding new city scenes, so that not every single city looks the exact same anymore.
I would be a lot more fond of them not realising the game this year at all then us getting some buggy early acces.

Much rather not have early access personally. Early access tends to let you splurge on an un-finished game, meaning when the game comes out you've lost your appetite for it. Plus its a very un-consumer friendly approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom