Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the people talking about their 'disappointments' are so stupid and self-entitled.
If the developers did not care about our disappointments, they would not conduct any beta testing, neither early release, and that forum would not even exist.

I realy hope we wont get a bloody early acces. Just take a look at that mess that they call Blood and Gold: Caribbean.
Caribbean is not developed by Taleworld.

Thats not my point. My point is that early acces tends to let the developers get lazy, atleast from what we have seen so far on steam. Starbound, Caribbean, Blockworld (or hower that was called), etc.

Thats not my point. My point is that early acces tends to let the developers get lazy, atleast from what we have seen so far on steam. Starbound, Caribbean, Blockworld (or hower that was called), etc.
You are absolutly right ! The game industry shown us that early access is damaging. But Taleworld is one of the first company to gave early access. Mount & blade was released in 2004. Taleworld was founded by early access fund in 2005. ... it that why they are so lazy about communication ? :roll:

Siege looks really good.
I noticed that there are only small catapults so I think that we cant fully destroy walls,towers or houses right?
I can only destroy top of walls/towers.

Am I right?

I watched the siege video, overall it appears to be an overall improvement like TW has been trying for. It was said the game still needs some polish. The only obvious thing to me that needs to be done was the reticle needs to change to display when a arrow makes a hit. The other thing it seemed kind of difficult to understand was; who the enemies were oppose to friendlies. Perhaps I haven't spent enough time to see the visual differences between opposing factions.

The other thing it seemed kind of difficult to understand was; who the enemies were oppose to friendlies. Perhaps I haven't spent enough time to see the visual differences between opposing factions.
Yes... look at 05:16. The player did not recognized his own troups as well xD. I think that an option will be available like in Warband to display the friendly banners.

Maestrro said:
Siege looks really good.
I noticed that there are only small catapults so I think that we cant fully destroy walls,towers or houses right?
I can only destroy top of walls/towers.

Am I right?

There are trebuchets too, but they weren't available for this siege.

Great video, BUT here we are again with more gameplay and still no standard bearers in the ranks. Seriously if Bannerlords don't have standard bearers it will be the biggest oxymora in gaming history. 

DanAngleland said:
"another" indicator; have we seen evidence at all of it being dumbed down for consoles? Besides, in Warband sieges everyone spawned just waiting for the tower to reach the wall or they all raced for the ladders, archers included- and why would you need to use more than the default number of groups for a siege, let alone lumping archers with melee? In most situations, you want your archers stood outside shooting while the infantry attack, not running along with them, though it could be useful I suppose if you wanted to make that group all stand still on top of a tower once inside the castle; the infantry could stop enemy melee from reaching your archers. The point is, the fact that they didn't seem to be using more than the default groups doesn't suggest that the ability to make extra groups is suddenly gone.

The inventory menus use a less efficient system that is often seen in console games. There are all sorts of reasons for wanting to make all sorts of formation. The video shows two groups with pictorial icons, so if I can rename "Archers" to "Elephantry", presumably the picture will be of archers. What is the picture for group 9? It just doesn't make a lot of sense to look at the new system as though it is the old system, or an improved version of the old system. It could be that there is a new and better system, but without an explanation, it doesn't look great to me.

DanAngleland said:
If they introduced such a thing then I'm sure they would test it; I saw no problems one could attribute to a lack of stamina in the video. I doubt stamina is a feature though.

One would hope so. They did a great job on that front with Warband. It could well also be just an optional "flavour" feature, like being able to sit down on chairs, which is incredibly important to some people, but not really generally relevant to how the game plays.

DanAngleland said:
One has to suspend disbelief a bit. I don't know how exactly a tower would be moved in real life, but it might take half the army. Personally this never stands out to me as a glaring error.

Yes, transporting a siege tower would be a major exercise for a large part of the army. That's why it stands out as a glaring error. Imo if they don't want to show the tower being moved properly, it should just be ultra-expensive and start in place.

Maybe Taleworlds should rename their game to just Lord since there are no standard bearers? oh I have some suggestions!

Lords of no Banners
Bannerless Lords
Lords without Banners
Bonerlords
Axe Lords (but you would have to remove all axes from the game)
Sealords (no boats to keep with the theme)

I loved the atmosphere but it still giving me creeps seeing AI piled up on the walls.

reiksmarshal said:
Maybe Taleworlds should rename their game to just Lord since there are no standard bearers? oh I have some suggestions!

Lords of no Banners
Bannerless Lords
Lords without Banners
Bonerlords

LMAO Can't agree more.

reiksmarshal said:

Lords of no Banners
Bannerless Lords
Lords without Banners
Bonerlords
I agree haha

Meevar the Mighty said:
The inventory menus use a less efficient system that is often seen in console games. There are all sorts of reasons for wanting to make all sorts of formation. The video shows two groups with pictorial icons, so if I can rename "Archers" to "Elephantry", presumably the picture will be of archers. What is the picture for group 9? It just doesn't make a lot of sense to look at the new system as though it is the old system, or an improved version of the old system. It could be that there is a new and better system, but without an explanation, it doesn't look great to me.

Personally I think the inventory menus looked good and user friendly. Whether or not they were designed with consoles in mind, I really don't see the superiority of the grid system that we have in Warband. Rather than multiple units of the same item taking up loads of screen space, they can now be listed on one line e.g. '5 x leather boots'.

The pictures for groups 4-9 will probably just be an abbreviation of whatever name you give them or the number of the relevant hotkey.  That said, there isn't a cavalry card as there is in battle, so I would guess that they are treated as infantry, which makes sense. Maybe you are right in that the extra groups can't be used in siege, who knows. But even if they can be, it would be surprising to see the developers use multiple groups in a siege because it isn't a standard move, and this was a demonstration of siege, so it would be kept fairly straightforward. I occasionally made a bodyguard group in Warband comprised mainly of my companions, but that was only of use in battle. The separate cavalry group was also a slight chore in siege; all it meant was that I had to tell them, as well as the infantry, to stand still while my archers whittled the defenders down a bit. Can you give me an example of what you would do with a special group in siege? The archers' job is to shoot at the enemy on the walls while the infantry attack; I don't see any room for further nuance given that the infantry seem to assign themselves to the various siege engines and ladders.

Narlan said:
Will there be more info today or tomorrow?  :?:
Maybe an extended interview... but I doubt there will be any more videos.

From the news announcement of their visit to E3 on the Taleworlds website:

"There will be a big chunk of information released during the event itself, as we make announcements, so expect multiple videos, as well as written details"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom