Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting so much from this game at this point, I'm not sure what to do with this new footage :grin:

One comment though, I remember in Warband it was very easy to defend, which was realistic.  However, with multiple entry points, the ladders, doors, and tower, it will be impossible for the player to cover all of that, which means we have to depend on our AI in singleplayer to take care of two entire chokepoints.

I foresee myself needing far more men to defend a castle than I did before. 

few thoughts and notes

The siege destruction seems to be pretty tame, unless it's confirmed elsewhere, I don't think we will be seeing huge chunks of stone falling off the side, only on the top bits of the castle, as that was the only part showing destruction in the video

Still seems to be some pathing issues regarding soldiers in sieges.

Warband sounds hopefully will be replaced.

Bodies look like they fall at the speed of a feather.

Hopefully most of this is just them not having polished and finished up on a few things.

You're right in the video the siege looks pretty easy for attacker but it seems it's a big army with catapults tower battering ram etc... We see wall exploding etc.. very fast a wall doesn't explode so easy but it can too, all that things is why Taleworlds will make a beta, in the video defenders don't look being very much. That's probably a choice to make a quite short video, a storming siege where you see many of the sieges elements.

I hope there will be castles with water in the gap !!!

Awesome job Taleworlds !!!

SunFlash said:
I'm expecting so much from this game at this point, I'm not sure what to do with this new footage :grin:

One comment though, I remember in Warband it was very easy to defend, which was realistic.  However, with multiple entry points, the ladders, doors, and tower, it will be impossible for the player to cover all of that, which means we have to depend on our AI in singleplayer to take care of two entire chokepoints.

I foresee myself needing far more men to defend a castle than I did before.
This is the main point that people screaming for "more ladders" fail to take into account.

MrMundy said:
Ebdanian Admiral said:
So the bows in Bannerlord work like the crossbows did in Warband? I didn't notice the crosshair getting any bigger as the player held the bow.

I suppose they still work normaly, but the character has an incredibly high archery skill. Note that the guy who recorded this also spawns Alt+H and is playing on 1/4 difficulty.

Yep, if you look at the shot difficulty values on the bottom left, it's pretty clear that the bow wpp is very high.

Most things in the video look splendid to me, but a few things niggle:

- Very nice that there will be pre-siege troop placement, however, it looks as though the grouping of troops is very simple, with one block of infantry and another of archers. In Warband, the player could assign different troop types to different groups and re-designate groups, so I could have group 1 with sharpshooters and huscarls, while group 2 has the same troops but 1 tier lower, for example. I was hoping that this would be made more in-depth, so that individual troops could be designated in the way that companions can, but it looks as though it may be simplified, which would be very bad. Maybe another indicator that the game has been dumbed down for consoles.

- The "Pacing" option might indicate that running costs stamina, which I expect would be very bad.

- It could be very problematic that troops don't know how to evacuate a ram.

- A siege tower is moved across rough ground by just a handful of men, which is pretty ridiculous. Why don't they just push the wall over?

- The player character meets a lot of troops in the gatehouse that completely ignore him, clearly preoccupied with another objective. I'd prefer have a 25v25 where the bots can prioritise than a 250v250 where they're all thick as a brick. People play M&B over Total War because troops behave as individuals, so it would be good if the troops in Bannerlord would behave as individuals.

- A catapult that can destroy masonry to that extent in one hit should have no trouble with a gate that can be broken down with swords, so most of the engines and stratagems employed in the siege seem to be vastly surplus to sensibility.

The siege is great but troops should use more their shields in this kind of assault, like Meevar said they should be more to push the tower and protected by some guys with shields. You have just few details to set and it will be perfect. Would be really nice if the troops participate more with the siege weapons, and if archers can Burn a door in wood like in the video !!! or archers defending can brun the tower ! :wink:

They still got time to fix the game. Horse mechanics seem to be fixed since the last update. I am pretty sure they are still working on AI . I have my faith in them . I think that they will fix it by the release. I do not see any other problem tho. Oh ya maybe the sounds could be changed. Video was amazing tho. Specially that poor ballista guy  :grin:

They need to fix this ''moonish'' gravity this time around. Is it just me or everything seems to be slightly in slow motion??? When he climbed the stairs it was even more obvious. And it's not the weight they carry, it's in the speed of motion. Rocks falling, corpses falling...it all feels ....slow. Apart from that problem (which is huge IMHO), everything else is epic! :smile:

Vraelomon said:
Meevar the Mighty said:
- The "Pacing" option might indicate that running costs stamina, which I expect would be very bad.
I thought the pacing was the distance in between troops, so you don't have to hit F2 F4 a dozen times.

I think the pacing means if the troops should run or walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom