Mods may worth the wait but...

Users who are viewing this thread

I personally know few games in which mods have the importance that they have in this game, here it is not just an aesthetic addition or an addition of units, it is a totally different gameplay, there are mods that add functions as basic as controlling our parties, which they should be natively in the game, there are other mods that add flavor, but they are still an added value. It’s sad to see how many modders are giving up, I simply can't play this game without it.

So honestly I don't know if the sky is falling but what I see is that if feels like at least 80% of the mods on Bannerlord Nexus are dead and abandoned and there are very, very fun new mods being added. Compared to the activity level back in April/May of last year the modding scene seems virtually dead. Either people have totally lost interest in the game or the constant patching is keeping them away.
Yes, this happened with Warband as well. Although I thought it was VC that mostly killed off the scene. At least by 2016, anyone could dominate any of the mod forums in the Caravanserai because there were so few playing major mods and still posting about it.
Well it seems the way they recompile each patch generally kills mods unlike some other games in which the way core data is generally kept safe - a mod can last years after many many years
Part of that is how much of the game's internals are actually exposed to modders, the other part is that actually implementing feature mods isn't supported by any kind of official tool or proces. Everyone uses Harmony to trick the game into thinking the modder's work is official TW. That's why the first round of mod tools were so disappointing; it was purely aimed towards visual, gimmick stuff and scenes.

I want a Stronghold Mod that is similar to Persistent World except you could build Structures with resources. Maybe you can gather/create A.I. & command them like in Captain Mode. Make the maps massive with at least 200 or more players in a map.

Peasant > Serf, Mason, Carpenter, miner > Blacksmith, Apothecary, Monk > Archer, cavalry, Infantry > Lord, King exc.

You know what I still haven't seen in this game? A bigger Captain mode with the ability to make our own maps.

It's one thing to tweak things out but when you fail to appease a community it'll be ignored.
Right now it'll take a update that will really bring people in that will say "wow this looks fun"

Back
Top Bottom