Micro transaction for bannerlord. hope it's not true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe TW should release a deluxe package of the game with a figurine and a Bannerlord T-shirt, so the more generous players can directly fund the company they worry so much about.  :lol:

TimotheusTheReal said:
I'm simple man! I see a game. I pay full price, I no no pay for skins. I pay for DLC. Not skins.

Be simple, be like me, be like timotheusthereal!

Let's all be a little more like timotheusthereal.

Klausolus said:
Maybe TW should release a deluxe package of the game with a figurine and a Bannerlord T-shirt, so the more generous players can directly fund the company they worry so much about.  :lol:

TimotheusTheReal said:
I'm simple man! I see a game. I pay full price, I no no pay for skins. I pay for DLC. Not skins.

I'd pay for a deluxe package of the game honestly.

I will start a gofundme page so all the players who want can fund taleworlds studios with their generous money

Younes said:
Klausolus said:

TimotheusTheReal said:

I will start a gofundme page so all the players who want can fund taleworlds studios with their generous money

Putting aside the issue of how giving money to you will translate to Taleworlds Studios, donations are not the answer to maximize profits. Just look at any mod for Skyrim and their donations page. Mod makers are given crminally low donations a month in return for their contributions to the community. Most of them are doing for 10-20 dollars a month. Donations are not the answer to funding a studio of 100 people, dlc is. It seems as if you are intentionally overlook facts proven by market data all because you are so desperate to not want them in the game. Money speaks louder than angry teenagers on the internet. Just google some basic terms like "Market data for microtransactions".

TheMonWom said:
Younes said:
Klausolus said:

TimotheusTheReal said:

Putting aside the issue of how giving money to you will translate to Taleworlds Studios, donations are not the answer to maximize profits. Just look at any mod for Skyrim and their donations page. Mod makers are given crminally low donations a month in return for their contributions to the community. Most of them are doing for 10-20 dollars a month. Donations are not the answer to funding a studio of 100 people, dlc is. It seems as if you are intentionally overlook facts proven by market data all because you are so desperate to not want them in the game. Money speaks louder than angry teenagers on the internet. Just google some basic terms like "Market data for microtransactions".

You can't get a joke can you?

Joke or not does not matter, I have seen a couple people already saying that they do not want dlc, and that any players that want to give the devs extra money just donate to them, which is just plain wrong and needs to be stated before people default that as an answer when the word "microtransaction" is seen.

Here are some articles to consider for any developer reading this.

Over the past few years, Ubisoft has seen a notable shift in its earnings for various titles, SeekingAlpha reports. Game sales were buoyed this year by South Park: The Fractured But Whole and Assassin’s Creed: Origins, but microtransactions shot up even further, growing 1.83x in 12 months compared to 1.57x for game sales. Ubisoft also got a boost from the Switch, but even with Nintendo’s new platform, microtransactions brought home the bacon.
https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/258638-ubisofts-microtransaction-revenue-just-beat-digital-sales-first-time

in the next few years freemium model will become the dominant on PC games and consoles games markets. In favor of this claim goes positive economic experience of the publishers who have implemented microtransactions in their games, as well as increasing market share of MOBA and MMO games, especially suitable for microtransactions implementation.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/322313479_Effects_of_micro_transactions_on_video_games_industry

Distimo analyst Christel Schoger wrote in the report. “Free apps with in-app purchases generate the majority of the revenue in the app stores.”
https://venturebeat.com/2014/02/21/report-finds-free-to-play-microtransactions-make-up-79-of-u-s-app-store-revenues/

I don't mind paying for content, saying that I can't support cosmetic microtransations beacause I don't think it really is content at all, it's boring and doesen't add anything to the game, anyways, if they are planning to do it they will do it, a bunch of nerds screaming at a post won't change this, we can only hope really.

TheMonWom said:
Donations are not the answer to funding a studio of 100 people, dlc is. It seems as if you are intentionally overlook facts proven by market data all because you are so desperate to not want them in the game. Money speaks louder than angry teenagers on the internet. Just google some basic terms like "Market data for microtransactions".

Klausolus said:

What's your argument against something like this? It wouldn't have any negative effect on the game itself, and many players are attracted to this kind of deals.

TheMonWom said:
Joke or not does not matter, I have seen a couple people already saying that they do not want dlc, and that any players that want to give the devs extra money just donate to them, which is just plain wrong and needs to be stated before people default that as an answer when the word "microtransaction" is seen.

Here are some articles to consider for any developer reading this.

Over the past few years, Ubisoft has seen a notable shift in its earnings for various titles, SeekingAlpha reports. Game sales were buoyed this year by South Park: The Fractured But Whole and Assassin’s Creed: Origins, but microtransactions shot up even further, growing 1.83x in 12 months compared to 1.57x for game sales. Ubisoft also got a boost from the Switch, but even with Nintendo’s new platform, microtransactions brought home the bacon.
https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/258638-ubisofts-microtransaction-revenue-just-beat-digital-sales-first-time

in the next few years freemium model will become the dominant on PC games and consoles games markets. In favor of this claim goes positive economic experience of the publishers who have implemented microtransactions in their games, as well as increasing market share of MOBA and MMO games, especially suitable for microtransactions implementation.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/322313479_Effects_of_micro_transactions_on_video_games_industry

Distimo analyst Christel Schoger wrote in the report. “Free apps with in-app purchases generate the majority of the revenue in the app stores.”
https://venturebeat.com/2014/02/21/report-finds-free-to-play-microtransactions-make-up-79-of-u-s-app-store-revenues/

Those donation ideas are obviously sarcasm. Not having DLC is absurd with the potential there is.

I just want to know, do you agree you would prefer DLC rich in content over skins?

You people seem to be think that arguing with me is going to change the fact that the devs are going to be adding in a skin store. I am only here to offer advice on how it can affect the game and future profits; ide it is up to the devs to decide where their monetization model is headed. As such I can offer advice on how to maximize profits.

TheMonWom said:
You people seem to be think that arguing with me is going to change the fact that the devs are going to be adding in a skin store. I am only here to offer advice on how it can affect the game and future profits; ide it is up to the devs to decide where their monetization model is headed. As such I can offer advice on how to maximize profits.

Well its just speculations for now, i hope its not a fact.

A good advice would be to release DLC rather then skins like i said.

They are ruining the already very small multiplayer community compared to the singleplayer one

TheMonWom said:

Considering how Armagan responded in the other thread and that some lines referring to an ingame store have been found in the files, it's almost certain that some sort of microtransactions are coming, but TW is most likely still discussing the matter internally, so what we the players discuss in these threads might even be brought up in a meeting. It's not like we're here just to vent, we're making points, some of them very solid and reasonable. Your "advice" is hardly more valuable than our opinions.

I'm honestly just going to quote what I said in the other thread to clarify my position on this matter:

Klausolus said:
Items purchasable through microtransactions should also be obtainable by playing, if we pay for a full priced game we should get a complete experience without being forced to pay additional money, even if we're talking about cosmetic only stuff.

I personally don't have a problem paying for DLCs as long as I consider them worth the money; microtransactions providing free future DLCs might work for more one-lined games, but not everyone is interested in the same stuff within the M&B community, some players don't want MP only DLCs like Napoleonic Wars, and some people don't care about SP focused DLCs like Viking Conquest, so for example, many players who prefer the multiplayer side of Bannerlord probably wouldn't like the idea of having to pay real money for cosmetics even if that guarantees free future content, because that future content might not be of their interest.

Cosmetic items reasonably obtainable by playing that can also be bought for a reasonable amount of money, plus paid future DLCs (just like in Warband) should ensure a fair and complete experience while also funding active multiplayer updates and content, like additional free maps.
Klausolus said:
You lose nothing by not buying cosmetics.

You lose nothing by not buying the cosmetics with real money if they're also obtainable by playing. Remember that we're talking about a full priced game, that cosmetic items are part of the game, and that Bannerlord is heavily lacking customization options at the moment.

Some people seem to be very supportive of reducing the final product's quality in order to make the company more money, and that's just dumb. Just because scammy microtransactions are well established within the gaming industry doesn't make them any less dishonest. Taleworlds doesn't need to resort to ****ty business practices in order to make money.

If microtransactions are to be introduced, the items purchasable with real money also have to be obtainable by playing normally. Paying the same amount of money for a game with less content doesn't sound like a better idea than hugging a cactus.

I don't personally support the idea as I'd prefer the game to have no microtransactions at all, but the only way cosmetic microtransactions can possibly work for Bannerlord is if those items are also obtainable by playing the game.

Maybe they can make cosmetic purchasable by in game currency(you get from killing etc.). Like heartstone. Also making mp f2p can be considered; larger playerbase means larger purchase.
One thing i would like to add, please dont make buy menus like a facebook game. It's a turn off.

Chrix1er said:
I seen a video online which support that Bannerlord Dev is actualy working on micro transaction system for Bannerlord. Please tell me that is not true.
How have you NOT seen a topic on the forum that inspired that video in the first place? It's old news by now, and i guess you saw a video from that one YouTuber.

Younes made a great discovery in the game files and made a thread almost a month ago, and the video was released only a couple of days ago.

This is the thread where this discussion should be taken back to.

@TheMonWom

The problem is that Bannerlord is clearly not intended to be a freemium, in which is based on microtransactions! They are not giving us Bannerlord for free, and to add skins on that, is to lay big stinking turds on our heads.

And also, no wonders micro have shot in the sky, as the worlds population the poorest one, they all got one thing in common! It's the smartphone, apps, apps and apps. You all must have seen the **** and boring apps that are crowding the appstores on both sides. For i.e. "CLASH BATTLE 4000 CLAN CHIEFTAINS IM A R'TARD" with a screaming GENERIC damned barbarian face on it. Jesus christ, save us from hell!

------------------------------------

Also I just want to add that, just look at CD Projekt! They made Witcher into game with NO damned skins at all. And their sales rate is just a dream for most gaming maker companies. Look how they advertise Cyberpunk 2077, no mtx at all!

Klausolus said:
People in favor of adding paid skins are ignoring that such a feature just can't thrive well in a game like this, multiplayer mods will surely offer more content than native can even hope for, and they will be free. Taking in mind that current troop customization is basically non-existant apart from character creation, most players wouldn't be all too happy about cosmetic microtransactions.

What's stopping a MP mod from grabbing the attention of these now unhappy players?
Nothing, TW can't really compete with mods that may offer more content for free without heavily limiting the modding options for multiplayer, which would be an absolutely foolish move and face inmediate backlash.

This is a full priced game we're talking about, if you still worry about the developers' income just make a donation, there's no need to harm the multiplayer experience.

This is precisely what I thought. I won't be surprised if this were to happen.

LeChat said:
Chrix1er said:
I seen a video online which support that Bannerlord Dev is actualy working on micro transaction system for Bannerlord. Please tell me that is not true.
Source ?

sur youtube
on youtube
if you search Micro transaction bannerlord you will find it.

Piconi said:
Chrix1er said:
How have you NOT seen a topic on the forum that inspired that video in the first place? It's old news by now, and i guess you saw a video from that stone-milker Resonant.

Younes made a great discovery in the game files and made a thread almost a month ago, and the video was released only a couple of days ago.

This is the thread where this discussion should be taken back to.

I do believe you are right, this is from him. For the topic no I didn't seen it, I only started following the forum under bannerlord Beta since I started playing it, so I do appologise If I brought back a subject that was already cover.

I just simply hope not to see micro transaction. But..... If TW feel like this is the way to survive, I am ok, otherwise, I am completly againts it.

Rules said:
No Spam
Spam clogs up the forum, makes relevant and accurate information harder to find and causes the forum to slow down for everybody. The definition of ‘spam’ includes, but is not limited to, the following actions:
  • Multi-posting — if you need to add something, and yours was the last post in the thread, edit your last post instead of adding a new one

The whole idea of microtransaction's just feels wrong for a taleworlds game, especially M&B. Although it was tough, I loved that they didn't just push the game out in a terrible state and money grab, like No mans sky did. It showed a lot about how they care about their product and their community, but this would just go completely against that. I feel like they're one of the few game development teams that isn't run by a suit business now, but this feels like they're taking a step in that direction.

Back
Top Bottom