SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Make aging an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Sure, make aging an option and then see how hard it'll be for TW to balance out the resulting storm of issues that rise up from a long-term campaign with Lords and Kings who never die and continue to grow in power, skill and money. Sounds like a solid plan to me.

The idea behind an "option" isn't bad because options are great but if you MUST have your toggle on option then expect to give TW at least 2-3 years more time balancing out how it'd work in the long-term campaign with all the mechanics they already have in place.

I like the aging system that's currently in place but it does need to be sped up or at least give us a slider to adjust the flow of time/aging. Aging and Generational Gameplay adds so much more substance to the game. The issue here is most of you are looking at it through the wrong lenses. You think what we have now is all that TW has to offer when in the future Kingdoms and Character development will most likely be MUCH more involved and fleshed out. Generational Gameplay adds to that by giving you an endless amount of progression through time in-game until you finally conquer the world or reach your goals.

Who doesn't want that? It's just the icing on top.

Sure, make aging an option and then see how hard it'll be for TW to balance out the resulting storm of issues that rise up from a long-term campaign with Lords and Kings who never die and continue to grow in power, skill and money. Sounds like a solid plan to me.

The idea behind an "option" isn't bad because options are great but if you MUST have your toggle on option then expect to give TW at least 2-3 years more time balancing out how it'd work in the long-term campaign with all the mechanics they already have in place.

I like the aging system that's currently in place but it does need to be sped up or at least give us a slider to adjust the flow of time/aging. Aging and Generational Gameplay adds so much more substance to the game. The issue here is most of you are looking at it through the wrong lenses. You think what we have now is all that TW has to offer when in the future Kingdoms and Character development will most likely be MUCH more involved and fleshed out. Generational Gameplay adds to that by giving you an endless amount of progression through time in-game until you finally conquer the world or reach your goals.

Who doesn't want that? It's just the icing on top.
You're talking as if there were aging in warband in the first place...

Expecting people to play long-term campaign is just unrealistic. Who here hasnt played warband before? How long did it really take them to finish one campaign? Bannerlord is basically just Warband with added features and better graphic. The mechanic is almost the same. You can finish the game in days.

Right now there's not many reason for ageing other than something for immersion's sake. You can still literally take over the world even if you have zero character progression, as long as you know what to do.

Right now I haven't even seen anyone who die of old age (not on purpose) before finishing the campaign. You seriously think TW is gonna have to spend 2-3 years balancing just because they make ageing optional? Yeah right. I'll give it 1-2 months top if they want to do it.

Like you said, the issue here is some of you are looking at it through the wrong lenses. You think that TW is gonna add literally TONS of extra features in the future. Enough to make it a completely different game. If that's what they want to do, it wouldn't even be early access right now.
If you read on the steam page, the dev themselves said this, and I quote:
In terms of content, the early access version of the game contains all of the main staples of the Mount & Blade experience, with a host of content that is new to the series.
They also said
we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year
One year isn't gonna be enough for anything game changing like what you and some other people are expecting. It'll just be bug fixing and some extra small little feature to polish the game. Hate to break your bubble, but don't get your hopes too high.

You're talking as if there were aging in warband in the first place...

Expecting people to play long-term campaign is just unrealistic. Who here hasnt played warband before? How long did it really take them to finish one campaign? Bannerlord is basically just Warband with added features and better graphic. The mechanic is almost the same. You can finish the game in days.

Right now there's not many reason for ageing other than something for immersion's sake. You can still literally take over the world even if you have zero character progression, as long as you know what to do.

Right now I haven't even seen anyone who die of old age (not on purpose) before finishing the campaign. You seriously think TW is gonna have to spend 2-3 years balancing just because they make ageing optional? Yeah right. I'll give it 1-2 months top if they want to do it.

Like you said, the issue here is some of you are looking at it through the wrong lenses. You think that TW is gonna add literally TONS of extra features in the future. Enough to make it a completely different game. If that's what they want to do, it wouldn't even be early access right now.
If you read on the steam page, the dev themselves said this, and I quote:

They also said

One year isn't gonna be enough for anything game changing like what you and some other people are expecting. It'll just be bug fixing and some extra small little feature to polish the game. Hate to break your bubble, but don't get your hopes too high.
You seem to continuously misunderstand the point people are making to you here.

Nowhere did I say they were going to drastically add more features and turn it from MB to an MMO or FPS, etc, that's putting words in my mouth. What I did say is that the CURRENT SET of features is STILL INCOMPLETE. Which means there will be adding MORE SUBSTANCE to those features and fleshing them out. That does not mean "lets add more features!" now does it?

Also, right now you can't die of old age because it's just not coded in or activated yet, among with many other things tied to these CORE FEATURES that aren't complete yet. The point I'm trying to make is YOU are looking at this as if it's the completed product and nothing will change or be removed/expanded upon. That's just factually not true.

I stand by my main point and I know many others do as well, many also enjoy the aging and generational gameplay aspect added. So an option, as I mentioned in my last post, is perfectly fine then. But just know it'll take them a LOT of time to balance it out so that it actually works as intended and isn't just some half-assed bandaid.

You seem to continuously misunderstand the point people are making to you here.

Nowhere did I say they were going to drastically add more features and turn it from MB to an MMO or FPS, etc, that's putting words in my mouth. What I did say is that the CURRENT SET of features is STILL INCOMPLETE. Which means there will be adding MORE SUBSTANCE to those features and fleshing them out. That does not mean "lets add more features!" now does it?

Also, right now you can't die of old age because it's just not coded in or activated yet, among with many other things tied to these CORE FEATURES that aren't complete yet. The point I'm trying to make is YOU are looking at this as if it's the completed product and nothing will change or be removed/expanded upon. That's just factually not true.

I stand by my main point and I know many others do as well, many also enjoy the aging and generational gameplay aspect added. So an option, as I mentioned in my last post, is perfectly fine then. But just know it'll take them a LOT of time to balance it out so that it actually works as intended and isn't just some half-assed bandaid.
If the current set of features is still incomplete, then I highly doubt that ageing will be so important in the completed version. Unless they massively revamp the entire kingdom management aspect of the game, nothing gonna change. But since you're expecting ageing to play such an important role, unless more features are added, I don't see how it's gonna go as you think it would.

I've never said it's a completed product, that's just, as you said it yourself, putting words in my mouth. I just said that most of the core features are already in the game. If you don't see it, then either it's not a core feature, or it's not gonna be in the game.

Let's be realistic here, your so called "generational gameplay" is most likely just gonna be using your kids as backup in case you permanently die, either from battle or from old age, so you can continue playing. It's not gonna be some amazing gameplay like you're expecting from some 4X games like Civilization.

So it would play like the previous Mount and Blade games? GREAT!

You can play The Sims and let them work out the issues that already let players 'unbalance' the campaign (difficulty, battle deaths, etc.), while the rest should be able to play the game how they want. Including like previous Mount & Blade titles!

You speculate a whole lot, but there isn't anything saying it will take them a bunch of time to change the balance of the campaign in it's current format versus giving people an option to not play it a specific way. Giving people the option to avoid the aging and hassle of generational gameplay will do nothing to stop people from playing with the generational gameplay. I don't think TaleWorlds will just stop balancing the generational gameplay just because they give people an option to turn off aging.

Again, people can already tweak the difficulty and disable battle death. Those things MOST DEFINITELY affect balance. Yet you aren't upset that people have options for those features.

You can play The Sims and let them work out the issues that already let players 'unbalance' the campaign (difficulty, battle deaths, etc.), while the rest should be able to play the game how they want. Including like previous Mount & Blade titles!

Why not play the previous Mount & Blade title if that is what you want to play?

Why not play the previous Mount & Blade title if that is what you want to play?
Because this is supposed to be an updated Mount & Blade game. I want the objective improvements of the new engine, graphics, physics, etc.. I want the gameplay and experience of what has been established in Mount & Blade games.

Why not play Crusader Kings if Crusader Kings is what you want?

Because this is supposed to be an updated Mount & Blade game. I want the objective improvements of the new engine, graphics, physics, etc.. I want the gameplay and experience of what has been established in Mount & Blade games.

What happened to my post lmao? I guess it's not even minez idk

This isn't supposed to be an "updated" Mount and Blade, this is supposed to be a SEQUEL and a fresh take on the series. If your point was even remotely correct then why did they bother to include all of the new features and mechanics they did? Something doesn't really add up with your speculative nonsense you keep spouting too.

If you want Warband, go play Warband. If you want a medieval sandbox simulation with combat, kingdom management, trading, aging and generational gameplay with replayability and more, then you've come to the right place.

Sorry, but it just seems like YOU bought into the wrong game.

I quite like the mixture of both games, that is why.

Sequels are supposed to be that, sequels. Not remasters.

I quite like the mixture of both games, that is why.

Sequels are supposed to be that, sequels. Not remasters.
Exactly this, what is the big deal with the mixture of the two styles? It doesn't take away from the core gameplay, it just adds to it. Your game doesn't end if your "main" character you love so much dies, it continues and it continues in a reasonable way. You pass the torch down to your heir and create an even stronger empire or character in the long run.

+1 For the Sequels remark, that's exactly the truth. They're meant to be an expansion upon the original title with new features and mechanics while keeping true to the theme. Not some half-assed remaster.

If I wanted Warband again, I wouldn't have paid $40 for Bannerlord. I would have kept playing WARBAND.

This isn't supposed to be an "updated" Mount and Blade, this is supposed to be a SEQUEL and a fresh take on the series. If your point was even remotely correct then why did they bother to include all of the new features and mechanics they did? Something doesn't really add up with your speculative nonsense you keep spouting too.

If you want Warband, go play Warband. If you want a medieval sandbox simulation with combat, kingdom management, trading, aging and generational gameplay with replayability and more, then you've come to the right place.

Except the fact that kingdom management, ageing, and generational gameplay were never the core features of the game. Now, if you disagree with that, kindly open the steam page of the game, scroll down and read the "About this game" section written by the developers themselves.

Except the fact that kingdom management, ageing, and generational gameplay were never the core features of the game. Now, if you disagree with that, kindly open the steam page of the game, scroll down and read the "About this game" section written by the developers themselves.

Haha, never core features? Did you even play Warband? Kingdom Management was ABSOLUTELY part of that, no matter how light it was. And just because they haven't updated their description page on a storefront does not mean these features are part of the core game. You'd have to be absolutely blind and ignorant to think major features like these aren't "core".

So again, seems like all of you wanting Warband bought into the wrong game. But guess what? Warband is still out there for you to enjoy! It even has plenty of mods for you to peruse from.

Back to the topic at hand, like I've already said twice, if people want it so badly then I wouldn't be against a slider to slow the progression of aging or speed it up. Options are good. Removing core features is not.

Haha, never core features? Did you even play Warband? Kingdom Management was ABSOLUTELY part of that, no matter how light it was. And just because they haven't updated their description page on a storefront does not mean these features are part of the core game. You'd have to be absolutely blind and ignorant to think major features like these aren't "core".

So again, seems like all of you wanting Warband bought into the wrong game. But guess what? Warband is still out there for you to enjoy! It even has plenty of mods for you to peruse from.

Back to the topic at hand, like I've already said twice, if people want it so badly then I wouldn't be against a slider to slow the progression of aging or speed it up. Options are good. Removing core features is not.
Kingdom management was barebone in warband. It's too simple that it shouldnt even be classified as kingdom management. The same applies to bannerlord. I don't see how ageing and generational gameplay is even considered a core feature. It's simply a backup just in case your main character die. So in all honesty, having your character die from combat sounds more like a core feature than those two.

So again, seems like all of you wanting a management sim bought into the wrong game. But guess what? Crusader Kings and Civ are still out there for you to enjoy! It even has plenty of mods for you to peruse from.

And no one here is asking for removal. Literally every post has been about making it an option. You're the one who were whining about how making it an option would take a lot of time for balance and stuff. Again, like I said, they're not core features, stop calling a backup character a core feature.

Kingdom management was barebone in warband. It's too simple that it shouldnt even be classified as kingdom management. The same applies to bannerlord. I don't see how ageing and generational gameplay is even considered a core feature. It's simply a backup just in case your main character die. So in all honesty, having your character die from combat sounds more like a core feature than those two.

So again, seems like all of you wanting a management sim bought into the wrong game. But guess what? Crusader Kings and Civ are still out there for you to enjoy! It even has plenty of mods for you to peruse from.

And no one here is asking for removal. Literally every post has been about making it an option. You're the one who were whining about how making it an option would take a lot of time for balance and stuff. Again, like I said, they're not core features, stop calling a backup character a core feature.
You don't see the use of these features because they still aren't completed. This is what people have been trying to get across to those of you who just want to bash skulls in with an axe and call it a day. No one wants to take that away from you my guy, if that's ALL you want to do then go for it. You won't even die of old age or deal with aging until you've played HOURS and HOURS into your playthrough.

So again, if you want Warband, guess what! I'll just repeat myself for you: Seems like all of you wanting Warband bought into the wrong game. But guess what? Warband is still out there for you to enjoy! It even has plenty of mods for you to peruse from.

Me whining? That's a good laugh. Thanks mate. It's not like there aren't a few other people in this very topic who share the same viewpoint. You seem to just want it your way and don't care to consider how others want to play the game. You seem to think this game is just about killing people and making phat lewtz my man, it's not. This is a MEDIEVAL SANDBOX SIM where you can RULE A KINGDOM, CREATE A WARBAND, TRADE, OWN HOLDINGS, HAVE CHILDREN, ENGAGE IN POLITICAL INTRIGUE AND MORE.

Capitalized so you can clearly see what the game is about, judging by what the developers have graciously included with the feature set.

You don't see the use of these features because they still aren't completed. This is what people have been trying to get across to those of you who just want to bash skulls in with an axe and call it a day. No one wants to take that away from you my guy, if that's ALL you want to do then go for it. You won't even die of old age or deal with aging until you've played HOURS and HOURS into your playthrough.

So again, if you want Warband, guess what! I'll just repeat myself for you: Seems like all of you wanting Warband bought into the wrong game. But guess what? Warband is still out there for you to enjoy! It even has plenty of mods for you to peruse from.

Me whining? That's a good laugh. Thanks mate. It's not like there aren't a few other people in this very topic who share the same viewpoint. You seem to just want it your way and don't care to consider how others want to play the game. You seem to think this game is just about killing people and making phat lewtz my man, it's not. This is a MEDIEVAL SANDBOX SIM where you can RULE A KINGDOM, CREATE A WARBAND, TRADE, OWN HOLDINGS, HAVE CHILDREN, ENGAGE IN POLITICAL INTRIGUE AND MORE.

Capitalized so you can clearly see what the game is about, judging by what the developers have graciously included with the feature set.

The fact that they released the game in early access without those features proves that they're not core features. If they're core features, they'd be the first things to be added into the game.
This is what people have been trying to get across to those of you who just want to make an imaginary family in an action RPG. No one wants to take that away from you, my guy. If that's what you want, then go for it. That's why people are asking for options, not removal. It seems every time someone ask for options to remove ageing, you people jumped in and argue.

So again, if you want a management sim game, guess what? I'll just repeat myself for you: Crusader Kings and Civ are still out there for you to enjoy! It even has plenty of mods for you to peruse from.

It's not like there aren't a few other people in this very topic who share the same viewpoint. You seem to just want it your way and don't care to consider how others want to play the game. I'm not gonna tell you what I think the game is about, like you did. Again, just go open steam page, scroll down and read the introduction about the game written by the developers themselves. In fact, go to TW website at https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Features and read for yourself.

-Snip all the useless nonsense-
Sigh, you're just so ignorant. I'll leave it at this.

This is a MEDIEVAL SANDBOX SIM where you can RULE A KINGDOM, CREATE A WARBAND, TRADE, OWN HOLDINGS, HAVE CHILDREN, ENGAGE IN POLITICAL INTRIGUE AND MORE.

Back
Top Bottom