Magic Mod: Curtain of Fire. Help me get it released! See first post.

Users who are viewing this thread

A spell that takes your currently equipped weapon and causes it to spin around your character at varying speeds/durations.  Afterwards, it would return to your hands.  Or heck, maybe one to launch your weapon a fair (or insane) distance.  Unless you go fetch it, or it isn't lodged in someone's noggin', it'd be lost.  Trying to think "balance".  Sweet so far!

Nuklearni-okurka said:
I shall declare this dead. Also maybe the pirates of calradia mod. :sad:

How can it be dead if it is released? Anyway he's probably trying to get the next version out or something.

I downloaded and played this mod for a bit and all I can say is spectacular job, the spells are really impressive and interesting.

Nuklearni-okurka said:
I shall declare this dead. Also maybe the pirates of calradia mod. :sad:
Why? By what authority?

Archangel_of_War said:
A spell that takes your currently equipped weapon and causes it to spin around your character at varying speeds/durations.  Afterwards, it would return to your hands.  Or heck, maybe one to launch your weapon a fair (or insane) distance.  Unless you go fetch it, or it isn't lodged in someone's noggin', it'd be lost.  Trying to think "balance".  Sweet so far!
Impossible suggestions, unfortunately.

jwac4ever said:
I downloaded and played this mod for a bit and all I can say is spectacular job, the spells are really impressive and interesting.
Thank you.

Nuklearni-okurka said:
Well, Pirates ain't dead, but I think this is. If you are working on 2 mods....

Hey, at least give the man an explanation. Pirates! is a whole other mod, by Yoshiboy. Although some ideas may be transferred, PoC is a new mod, and it's underway.
This is a brand new mod, and the progress made, just in its first two weeks of its existence, is breathtaking. When a paper dog successfully chases an asbesthos cat through Hell, I'd be inclined to support your bombastic disapproval of these spectacular masterpieces of coding.
Do some research.

Edit: Punctuation Slip

Great mod by the sound of it, havent played but I cand wait to defeat an army with spells this is very new

and well made mod.

Some spell ideas:

Vortex Gem: removes all summoned units from the battlefield.

Staff of Disarming:  Removes all (wielded?) equipment from target

Gem of Elemental Control (lasts while battle is engaged): user takes no damage from elemental spells

Staff of the Phantom: No unit may come within striking distance of the player. One handed.

Gem of improved fireball: Harms units within radius when thrown.

Staff of the Wanderer: Agility boost to make the player faster, two handed.

Gem of Reinforcement: Causes reinforcements to arrive

Staff of necromancy: Causes dead bodies to lose all armor, come alive, and fight for you.

Perhaps the Hell Knight summoning thing should only summon 1-5 hell knights?

I agree, it summons waay to many Hell knights right now. :sad:
Maybe you can have different versions of the spell?

Hell knights can never be too many. There can only be too few of those who are being killed by them.

Unbelievable mod. I will believe only when I will have tried it.

*leaving, to start playing*

I have just started playing this mod and it's great fun. I have looted items that I have no idea what they are, or what they do (like the cartridges and ammo summoning stick). Is there a read me file I am missing?

Also when an enemy dies he freezes in an upright postion. Is this some kind of bug? Thanks for this wonderful mod.

Alworth

F50 said:
Some spell ideas:

Vortex Gem: removes all summoned units from the battlefield.

Staff of Disarming:  Removes all (wielded?) equipment from target

Gem of Elemental Control (lasts while battle is engaged): user takes no damage from elemental spells

Staff of the Phantom: No unit may come within striking distance of the player. One handed.

Gem of improved fireball: Harms units within radius when thrown.

Staff of the Wanderer: Agility boost to make the player faster, two handed.

Gem of Reinforcement: Causes reinforcements to arrive

Staff of necromancy: Causes dead bodies to lose all armor, come alive, and fight for you.

Perhaps the Hell Knight summoning thing should only summon 1-5 hell knights?
Vortex Gem: not sure whether that's possible.

Staff of disarming: definitely impossible.

Gem of elemental control: I'll think about it. If I use the idea, it probably won't be exactly like this.

Staff of the Phantom: invisible shield already does that.

Gem of improved fireball: I don't think this mod needs much more fire.

Staff of the wanderer: would only work for the player, so no.

Gem of reinforcement: good idea.

Staff of Necromancy: impossible.

Shiro said:
I agree, it summons waay to many Hell knights right now. :sad:
Maybe you can have different versions of the spell?
There already are two versions, and there will be three in the next version. I have yet to see more than 18 hell knights in a single battle with the current build.

Alworth said:
I have just started playing this mod and it's great fun. I have looted items that I have no idea what they are, or what they do (like the cartridges and ammo summoning stick). Is there a read me file I am missing?

Also when an enemy dies he freezes in an upright postion. Is this some kind of bug? Thanks for this wonderful mod.

Alworth
Cartridges make the ai use magic. The ammo summoning charm summons ammunition when cast. Look down at your feet when you cast it. I have not made a read-me yet. When the enemies die upright that is a glitch with the explosion which sometimes occurs due to ragdol errors.

Some more ideas:

Staff of the phantom: I meant while wielded, not just when used. (probably impossible)

Gem of imprisonment: creates a reverse shield spell when thrown.

Shield of the dragon: causes fire magic to reflect off shield. Makes wielder invulnerable to fire. (probably impossible, similar to staff of the phantom)

Archer's Bane: weapon (invisible? short staff?) that creates barriers similar to the shield spell but has no effect on foot or horsemen (ie. cancels out missiles).

Staff of lightning: finds nearest (including friendlies) 5 units within radius and deals damage to those units (thinking of the teleportation spell).

Staff of magic missile: Similar to fire staff except ricochets off objects and does damage more reminiscent of the wounding curse (perhaps slightly stronger).

Staff of Persistant stunning: 0 damage, fast-fire projectile weapon (takes advantage of missile weapon interrupt).

Vortex gem: creates invisible, but highly damaging barrier when thrown (half the size of shield spell). Watch that you don't suicide yourself or your men on it!

I really like the mod btw. The only trouble is that I am trying to do it with just myself and the four companions (wizard army) and that isn't working so well :razz:. Perhaps you should be able to hire mages in taverns for a nasty price? Can you already do that?

Some smaller parties of lesser spellcasters (dark summoners come in parties of ~30, a bit hard for those who wish to experiment with magical enemies) would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom