m3:Sellsword Main Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

lotta stuff i'm behind on... but learning. remember, i'm a cut-n-paste hack.

been workin' my ass off, and just got done with a bout of food poisoning - contaminated blackberrys. fever, dehyrdated, nasty everything. not good.

still, i pushed a couple hours into playing around today... got a list of permissions for meshes i need to re-do... found a source for over 100 horse bardings that are so hot that i... well, they're hot. probably will be the best released.... i have to get a perm for them too, methinks... from a mod from another game, but why cause someone angst?

i'd added another 50+ shiellds.... ummm.... another 30+ horsies. i'm waiting on Heraldic Calradia perms for horses and armors -

using Hardcodes death-scripts, but haven't got the return-to-main menu thing working...

attempting to push all party map interactions to a game_menu first, rather than to conversation - trying to allow for conversation through a choice - choices being Parley (normal conversation), Tell the boy's to ready weapons and wait (for other party to determine interaction status), Attack, Attempt to slip away, Trick (set ambush if pursued), and a couple more...

trying to set special battle options based on Tactic Skill - Hide Archers, Mounted attack Left/Right Wing, Shieldwall, Give them one charge, Give them one volley, False withdrawall to ambush, etc. with NPC's leading by sections... Mercenaries by culture (Nord mercs in Nord towns, Kherg Mercs from Kherg town)....

elimination of upgrades - each culture has their Skirmish/Charge/Melee/Leader and Special troops, but all recruits in players army are either Novice, Experienced, Veteran, Elite by culture (which determines skills and profeciencies). player arms them (and pays for it). problem here is when i restart a save game, the  party troops show up with the default kit, basically nekkid. oh, well. one of many problems.

aaaaand.... in the little time i've been able to turn it on, i end up playing more than modding. i still gotta busy couple months ahead. i'm building my house and some cottages... unless i drop a log on myself i'll get to releasing something bloody.

thanks for asking. maw

attempting to push all party map interactions to a game_menu first, rather than to conversation - trying to allow for conversation through a choice - choices being Parley (normal conversation), Tell the boy's to ready weapons and wait (for other party to determine interaction status), Attack, Attempt to slip away, Trick (set ambush if pursued), and a couple more...

trying to set special battle options based on Tactic Skill - Hide Archers, Mounted attack Left/Right Wing, Shieldwall, Give them one charge, Give them one volley, False withdrawall to ambush, etc. with NPC's leading by sections... Mercenaries by culture (Nord mercs in Nord towns, Kherg Mercs from Kherg town)....
Sounds good.

If you're having any issues setting those up or anything else, post them and I'll see if I can come up with something.

Did you manage to do anything with the ideas for agricultural production stuff I sent you? I see you sent me a pm on March 7th about village improvements and horse healing/upgrades - did I ever reply to you? I can't see anything in my sent box.

'cause all th other good names were taken.

i read a lot when i was young, fantasy swords&sorcey, military, fiction and historical- Robert E. Howard, Glen Cook, Karl Edward Wagner, David Drake and the like. i read over 650 wpm, and generally go through three or four books a week.... mostly now professional. about the only books i've held on to are Cook and Wagner.

my idea for sellsword kinda grew out of an outline for a book never written, it was the middle part.

part one (Bloodright)was a kid, 16 or so, son of a carpenter out goofing in the forest, comes back and finds village trashed by a warlord, and the rest of ten long years leads up to him eventually setting up revenge by providing access for a small crew of mercenaries hired to kill the warlord - after which he joins the mercenary company.

part two (Sellsword) starts another ten yeasr later with the sellsword concept, hero knocked hard down a steep incline into the water, comes back to camp a couple days later sans concussion, finds a bunch of graves and after a time figures out a recent addition to the company killed the captain, took the treasure, and is looking for some kind of lance that he'll be paid a chunk of change for - Tchacotas and the Lance of Peace. idea was that hero finds the lance, kills Tchacotas - you're basic treasure hunt and revenge thing. along the way has a relationship with a queen of the desert, the Nnyl Yoj... and a few side distractions.

part 3 (Kingmaker) has hero head of the reconstituted company still another 10 years or so later, makes a promise to an old friend to put his son back on his throne - but the son's not like dad, a miserable back stabbing useless self-seving bastard, the end result being the company betrayed on a hill top in the mist, surrounded and outnumbered by bad guys - so the hero has the company attack, they manage to kill the rotten kid, his advisor, and a few more opportunists, but the company gets wiped out... except for the core - our hero and a half dozen others.

part 4 (Knight of Broken Promises) has the the hero running a tavern a few years later, made an offer he can't refuse to be a general to stop another nasty who had a past with him, 20 or so years before. drags up his surviving pals, puts together an army, beats the badguy, determines the guys he's working for aer equally as bad, and decides to take the kingdom for himself. problem is all the other guys with armies around take offense, as he's not royal blood, so they gather up their armies to put him down. ends he's on the ropes, trapped in the last tower, everyone dead the town and castle in ruins with no chance of survival - when his girlfriend Nnyl Yoj from 30 years ago shows up with her army, cripples all the others forces who aren't prepared, and rides away with her army withoout speaking to the hero. it ends with an old bitter man surrounded by wreckage.

yeah, i know - everyone wants to write a book. maybe, if i live long enough and get some time, i'll do it. until then, i'll live vicariously through m&b.

and now, as some would say, i've given TMI - too much information. oh, well. maw

Back
Top Bottom