m3:Sellsword Main Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Ah cool. Thanks!  :eek:

Why are there so little people babbling here? To weak to fight with death turned on?  :???:

I know this is one of those questions that shouldn't be asked, but is there going to be a new version of this mod coming out soon?  I look forward to fearing death in a more bug free version . . . . :grin:

maw said:
i'm playing it and with it... but i put in stuff thats definitely buggy... so it'll be a while, hope ya'll don't get too annoyed waiting...

i'll see about a relatively bug free version that i have saved before my additions. maw

I'll tell you what, someone gave me the link to your mod for v808 because I was asking around for a Hardcore mod and I was hooked as soon as I tried it. Vanilla is pointless compared to other mods, but other mods become pointless when compared to the Murder Mod!!!!

But speaking of bugs I ran into a lot, so much in fact I'm thinking a reinstall will help, and is why I'm come out to visit this forum and download this great piece of work. Yes with all the bugs Maw's mod is still beats the competition hand down. I've been dying for Hardcore and now I have it, I have some suggestions, but I just want to download it and play for now! Haha... Murda!! Murda!!

Keep up the most excellent work Maw! :twisted:

i'm alive. can't even read the posts.

no, i have not been in jail, nor have i been kidnapped by aliens or held prisoner in zendar.

i have a yob that has limited my outside access. no kidding.

but i have downloaded the new version. if i have any time, i'll see what i can do with it.

patience, chilluns. gotta go.maw

Hi maw,

People were talking about interest in a permadeath-mod in the Apprentice guild and I suggested doing a straight conversion from the source files to 894... I like the idea, let me know if you need help I can put my limited python skillz to use and you can work on planning new improvements.

maw said:
i'm alive. can't even read the posts.

no, i have not been in jail, nor have i been kidnapped by aliens or held prisoner in zendar.

i have a yob that has limited my outside access. no kidding.

but i have downloaded the new version. if i have any time, i'll see what i can do with it.

patience, chilluns. gotta go.maw

Huzzah!  The hope of dying in this game is reignited.

ok... i'm back.

i got a copy of .903 and the source python a couple weeks ago, and been working it in my spare time.

i should hope i have something painfully enjoyable, soon.

maw

maw said:
ok... i'm back.

i got a copy of .903 and the source python a couple weeks ago, and been working it in my spare time.

i should hope i have something painfully enjoyable, soon.

maw

Cool :smile:
Hey maw, I've been working on a death/wound scheme for the player, inspired by your early hardcore versions :smile:
thought you might be interested, take a look here (scroll down a bit in the first post)
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,30515.0.html

maw said:
but of course, Chel.... i am shamelessly playing with it as i write.

i like. maw

Alright :smile: make sure you've got the recent 3.20 version. (edit: make that 3.21)
looking forward to your new creation.

ok... i'm back. i hope.

i have been playing a bit of chel's Expanded Game Play, as well as Pirates of Calradia, and tried some of the other mods that have come to be.... but those two have me the most interested. kudos to the creators and participants. i always appreciate a twisted mind. and i have come to an understanding....

i have been eclipsed.

i'm looking hard at their code and like so much of both i'm going to ask to scarf a bit. maybe even suggest a collaboration. i am pretty busy at least for the next couple weeks, so don't look for much here.

i am flattered that my 'murder mod' philosophy is more popular among the community; quite a few threads discuss or bring it up, more'n i'd'a thot. to me, chel has at present the best embodiment of this, with a flexible and simple code that could allow a lot of obnoxious things. we'll see...

my mind has been looking toward a couple of big things that i'm sure you'll all hate.

first, i'm leaning toward eliminating permanent red-shirt recruits. ya'll know them - the unnamed battle fodder. i can't reconcile the whole free weapons and the like when they upgrade when i gotta scrabble after scraps on the battlefield. i'm thinking that more likely they'll hook up with you on a temp, per mission basis (assigned by someone) or on a rescue until you enter a friendly town, at which time they'll thank you and leave - and in a more subjective sense, talk of your activities and exploits which would eplain your reknown.

second, i'm thinking some of the skill sets will be pushed down not to a point scale, changed bd by the player, but improve/reduced by successful/unsuccessful action. this will probably require a slight change, similar to reknown, that tracks brutality, and takes Tactics and Leadership in a different direction - they increase or decrease based on battle results and combat losses. no one likes to work for a loser, and no one wants to die. burn troops like a cheap pack of marlboros and they'll be damned if they're seen in your company.

i got enough in my bags of unfinished tricks to make things fun... i have to say, though, throwing out a poorly done mod would be worse than having a .903 version out now. anyone can, of course, scam my schemes and coding (so indicaed in the source of the last release) and do what they will with it.

in any case, thats my current activities with m&b, and what i'm doing in my playtime. maw

ps i've started college, again, with three long painful boring years ahead of me. i expect m&b will be my hobby during that time. for those of you who remain un-higherly educated - go to school. study hard. make oodles of money. send me a thank you.

and to a student, nothing says thank you like a fistful of cash.

maw said:
first, i'm leaning toward eliminating permanent red-shirt recruits. ya'll know them - the unnamed battle fodder. i can't reconcile the whole free weapons and the like when they upgrade when i gotta scrabble after scraps on the battlefield. i'm thinking that more likely they'll hook up with you on a temp, per mission basis (assigned by someone) or on a rescue until you enter a friendly town, at which time they'll thank you and leave - and in a more subjective sense, talk of your activities and exploits which would eplain your reknown.

I have been thinking of doing a very similar thing -- making many 'hero' troops with inventories that you can equip (and they would come with random equipment sets of their own), but who would not be unkillable like the current NPCs.

and, check your pm maw.

miah said:
Awesome! I am waiting anxiously.

so am i.

really. i do have a mod for 903 put together.... i just don't want to put crap out.

i have a fantastic base, and am playing with another project, kind of parallele. should prolly merge the two... - and i play too much. more than i mod. plus, i have this stupid thing called college that keeps inturrupting my life.

i got at least a dozen things to add to make the version truly m3:sellsword - caravan_invest, Okin missions, Iliana missions, dialog, etc.

still, what i have now is pretty nerve wracking - i'm using a slightly modifed Chel script, which to date IS the death script of choice (kudos to ya, Chel). i need to ask for some permissions for meshes and skin (politeness, dontchknow), and i'd like to get formations and ships in (which ends up being another load of work).

so, don't lose hope, girls. i am still eking by.

if anyone wants to offer new scenes, i'd like to look at them - castle, towns, and villages... also looking for tower/keep/farms.

if anyone wants to put their creative juices ta work. maw

i am working that issue.

unfortunately, it's a money time for me the next three weeks or so... and i would rather not work come september.

so much for being a 'free spirit'. maw

Back
Top Bottom