maw

Sergeant Knight at Arms
DOWNLOAD:
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=117

SOURCE: (for modding review)
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=4&id=332

=========================================================
And, the obligatory acknowledgements...

QUANTA! FOR *HER* MAP IMPROVEMENTS! OMG!

Raptor (your weapons... excite us... so much i dream of cutting myself),

Raz, (in particular for the following meshes -
armor_backbreast_heavy, armor_backbreast_scale, old_nasal, turban_helmet_blue, headcloth, great_helm, barbutte, turban_helmet, helmet_cm_a, chainmail_headcloth, archer_bascinet_aven
iron_shield, scorpion_scimitar, hospitaller_warhorse, templar_warhorse2, teutonic_warhorse, templar_warhorse1)

DaBlade, armors and textures,                                           Winter, for the mbx board and talent shared
Jik (for his hot weapons and armor),                                  Ahadhran (also for his unique weapons and armor),
Luigi (for his quality helms),                                              Highelf Warrior (for the cool building pack - although in, not edited into scenes yet),
Da Biggman, RIP (for the sharp cataphract covers),             Chel (for Horses 2.0 - what a nice ride, baby)and his Terrain Textures,
Septa Scarabae (for the neat Native Scale Armor Add-on),   Newton, for his darker textures mod,
Ron, for the concepts of RCM,                                            Lep, for various snippets of code, among whatever else,

and Dagorkan, for his input, suggestions, and excellent map improvements,

and all the rest of your ideas, thoughtful comments, and flaming.

(if i missed your name or contibution, pm me. i dunno where everything came from. but i have many third-party original brfs or meshes - they are ALL the product of people more talented than me. just don't embarass me on this thread. pretty please?).

this psa is now over. what follows is my original thread head:

####################################

EXPERT PLAYERS DEATH MOD

this is maw's murder mod.... INCOMPLETE and slowly moving foward, and a trial to see what i can do through python and Thor's Map Editor. i did not use the Effidian's Unoffical Editor, preferring to learn how to make things work through the compiler, although i have used the unoffical editor to break down other mod's and see how they worked. fantastic products, both. also kudos to the brilliant and creatively inspiring minds of winter, ancientwanker, effidian, sheek, rraptor, janus, and thorgrim, as well as others contributing to making a great game greater. thanks also to those who slapped me down when i was too drunk to know when my opinions were exactly that... my opinions... which were sometimes less correct than i thought. (damn, this is looking more like an oscar speech each version update.)

and, of course, high marks to armagan & co for what to me has been the most addictive game since CIV3. LLA!!!

v808a notes:
* this version has a little bit of snazz to it, but before ya'all get too critical on the depth, i focused mainly on expanding goods, scripts, weapons, armor, and factional stuff. i have so much i took out since little pieces caused clutter, and turned buggy. but it is, as always, being worked out. i am only one lil' guy, after all.
* focus is on combat, and everything related to it, especially keeping your boys (and girls) alive. if they die, it impacts your reputation - so don't burn through them. every life is valuable to your image.

v808b projected:
* expand lord missions      * expand killian missions                   * a choice of taking "the dark side" of outlawry or (gasp!) serving Cizor
* expand okin missions      * random events                              * caravans return to origination after delivering goods
* expand iliana missions    * be a bad guy, join outlaws or Cizor
* script partys that reach a certain threshold (such as reduced size or number or prisoners) to return to faction town to rebuild

v808 longterm:
* seige and turnover of towns            * khergit nnyl yoj story              * zendar killian story                    * random, destroyable villages
* lance/tchacotas story                      * cizor story                             * prisoner expansion                   * slaver story

enjoy. maw

ps: there is a seperate thread for BUGS and SUGGESTIONS. thanx.

Bug Thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,22795.0.html
Suggestions Thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,22796.0.html

Old Thread, earlier versions http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6720.0.html

maw said:
v808b projected:
* expand lord missions
* expand okin missions
* expand iliana missions
* expand killian missions
* script partys that reach a certain threshold (such as reduced size or number or prisoners) to return to faction town to rebuild
* caravans return to origination after delivering goods
* a choice of taking "the dark side" of outlawry or (gasp!) serving Cizor
Why does okiN get missions?  :razz:

Downloading now.

BTW if you want the spanish armor I did for the mesoamerica mod, feel free to put them in.

Great mod even so early!

Really good M&B. Here are some pics of a few things I found postworthy

Nice colors on map. Fookin huuge map but very nicely designed, with roads (unused mostly). And no scouting enemy composition, judge right or die!

Interesting quest:

Realistic this, love it, it was plenty fair cause those 32 river pirates got me the previous battle:

Random starting character! You might end up a one hander, two hander, leader, different sets of armor. Lots of stat points (also random) to further customize! Good starting characters, get right to whackin those you can handle!

I've yet to figure out recruiting :smile: Men come to you? Hmm. I will definitely play more.

Download and play! Yes it does take a while to load (map size I guess), but it's plenty worth it.

you can recruit from prisoners (though I haven't seen it work, they keep spitting on me  :neutral: )

you can talk to farmers and say that the farmer life must be boring, or recruit manhunters for 200 denar.

So far those are the only ways i see on how to recruit. and yes, randomness owns

really good work on this mod maw!

Tuckles said:
you can recruit from prisoners (though I haven't seen it work, they keep spitting on me  :neutral: )

you can talk to farmers and say that the farmer life must be boring, or recruit manhunters for 200 denar.

So far those are the only ways i see on how to recruit. and yes, randomness owns

really good work on this mod maw!

most recruiting is randomized against  the influence of your faction relation,  your CHR and your reputation. it was set up so that it is difficult to recruit a prisoner of a faction that despises you... other prisoner expansions planned will be 'asking a few questions' to maybe find a outlaw camp or cache, snippets of outlaw gossip as to why there are River Pirates, who runs Stonehold and Dvhorak, relations with certain tavernkeepers and merchants, etc., prisoners attempting to escape during a battle or attacking you while in camp (if you maintain a number higher than your party).

i just found i deactivated recruiting at taverns. i'll flip the switch - dunno how soon next version will come, though - maybe a week? now it seems you can only get troops by rescuing units, or map recruiting manhunters, refugees and farmers. maw

you should try and  pirate-ize the river pirates, maybye by way of pistols, or maybye you could just search for what pirates and sea dogs looked like before guns

Nethoras said:
you should try and  pirate-ize the river pirates, maybye by way of pistols, or maybye you could just search for what pirates and sea dogs looked like before guns

good thot.

i guess i don't look at them as 'pirates' in the conventional sense (arrr, avast there matey! ye be walkin' the plank, arrr!) but rather as a gang title. i don't particularly like the title "river pirates" so if someone has a suggetion... that includes river...

they are a gang of outlaws that primarily run from khudan to zendar. and prey upon river traffic as well as caravans... maw

Great Job Maw. I really like some of the evil swords, and fantasy looking ones. Do you mind if I use them for GM?

maw said:
Nethoras said:

good thot.

i guess i don't look at them as 'pirates' in the conventional sense (arrr, avast there matey! ye be walkin' the plank, arrr!) but rather as a gang title. i don't particularly like the title "river pirates" so if someone has a suggetion... that includes river...

they are a gang of outlaws that primarily run from khudan to zendar. and prey upon river traffic as well as caravans... maw

Drunken Fishermen, like in EG. Schmore Schnapps!

Apollon-04 said:
Great Job Maw. I really like some of the evil swords, and fantasy looking ones. Do you mind if I use them for GM?

all the weapons are permission use from someone else - look at my credits, and try to figure out who provided them. i didn't produce any meshes, so they all originated from someone else... the only thing i did myself was some original skinning for about 15 shields. maw

Back
Top Bottom