Resolved List of Perks That Do Nothing or Don't Work

Users who are viewing this thread

Steward -
- Prominence
- Warmonger - Not sure if this is working since no indicator when i hover over other parties influence cost in army management
- War Rations - Also no indicator in the food consumption tab

Leadership -
- Raise the meek

Think some of these skills are either broken as they dont indicate or they arent supposed to indicate so we dont know if they are actually in effect

The Charm perk "Ice Breaker" triggered a few times shortly after unlocking it, but then it stopped working. Since then I introduced myself to dozens of nobles with no effect.

...nothing map speed related works...
The movement bonus for the Scout perk (+1% at day, +2% at night) works for me. It is shown in the tooltip for movement speed.

90% of the perks do nothing, the only perks I have confirmed 100% work at all is the first 2 points in 1 handed and 2 handed weapons, I've extensively been testing perks on multiple saves and the vast majority of them do absolutely nothing.

A few of the perks half work, like they function but they don't fully work, raise the meek is a good example the way it distributes experience across your party (the first unit of each stack) it's basically wasted points/time currently.

NO cultural bonus works either, nothing map speed related works, aserais caravan and trading doesn't work, empires siege perk doesn't work and vlandia is maybe the only one that might work but I doubt it if none of the others do and it's most likely a placebo effect when it feels like your troops level quicker.
Sadly have to agree with most. But maybe not 90%.
Also ice breaker seems to work as intended - 10% chance.

Last edited:
Ice Breaker - I have had this one work quite a few times, though rare and with long chains of to relation increase to be seen. The RNG on this feels like less than the 10% claimed by the perk's description, but I wasn't really keeping track of how often it popped up. I should note that this random relationship gain also happened with the notables as well, not just Lords.

Merry Men - I have seen the option to recruit, but I am unsure if it has to do with this perk since I do not have said perk. I do get bandits asking to join me rather than me slaughtering every group I come across. I have had this option with all bandit types, and it appears to be about as common as Ice Breaker. Took me a while to find one as an example, but here are the options I get (This group happened to be the mountain variety):
  • Very well. You may join us. But I'll be keeping an eye on you lot.
  • You think I'm, daft? I'm not trusting you an inch.
  • No, justice demands you pay for your crimes.
  • Never mind.
Edit: Side note - Choosing the justice option can sometimes have the bandits surrender instead of fight back.

Efficient Coal Maker - Can confirm that the text of the perk does not match the option while smithing, but I believe it is the perk that has the incorrect working. Going from 2:1 to 2:3 seems a bit of a steep jump. 3:2 is more reasonable.

Man-at-Arms - I was in the perfect position to check this one. I had four fiefs and was about to besiege a castle, which as the only noble in my kingdom would default to me. Better yet, I had just attained access to this perk!. I checked my party size stats, 338, before taking the perk and after, still 338. Okay, let's take that castle. Siege won, I checked my party max again...339! Not the +5 I was led to believe from the perk, so we'll check a bit deeper. The +1 was attributed to my quartermaster role, not to the Man-at-Arms perk. So this one is definitely not functioning.

I'm worried about this. Can someone confirm Governor perks can't be used by the main character?

I've never seen XP gain of a garrison of a fief I control, even with the perk - so I assume it doesn't actually do anything unless you are the governor, which you can't be.

ice breaker worked for me when I had it a few patches agom it's just random

RNG strikes again!

Ice Breaker - I have had this one work quite a few times, though rare and with long chains of to relation increase to be seen. The RNG on this feels like less than the 10% claimed by the perk's description, but I wasn't really keeping track of how often it popped up. I should note that this random relationship gain also happened with the notables as well, not just Lords.

Merry Men - I have seen the option to recruit, but I am unsure if it has to do with this perk since I do not have said perk. I do get bandits asking to join me rather than me slaughtering every group I come across. I have had this option with all bandit types, and it appears to be about as common as Ice Breaker. Took me a while to find one as an example, but here are the options I get (This group happened to be the mountain variety):
  • Very well. You may join us. But I'll be keeping an eye on you lot.
  • You think I'm, daft? I'm not trusting you an inch.
  • No, justice demands you pay for your crimes.
  • Never mind.
Edit: Side note - Choosing the justice option can sometimes have the bandits surrender instead of fight back.

Efficient Coal Maker - Can confirm that the text of the perk does not match the option while smithing, but I believe it is the perk that has the incorrect working. Going from 2:1 to 2:3 seems a bit of a steep jump. 3:2 is more reasonable.

Man-at-Arms - I was in the perfect position to check this one. I had four fiefs and was about to besiege a castle, which as the only noble in my kingdom would default to me. Better yet, I had just attained access to this perk!. I checked my party size stats, 338, before taking the perk and after, still 338. Okay, let's take that castle. Siege won, I checked my party max again...339! Not the +5 I was led to believe from the perk, so we'll check a bit deeper. The +1 was attributed to my quartermaster role, not to the Man-at-Arms perk. So this one is definitely not functioning.

On Ice-Breaker - I think the RNG is buggered, I've seen it happen once or twice now, but its seems abysmally low.

For Merry Men - in 1.0.9 they upped the chance of bandits surrendering, but personally I haven't seen either one fire.

Efficient Coal Maker - I thought this was fixed in a patch? Maybe I was mistaken.

Yikes on the Man-At-Arms ones!

Updated OP!

I'm gonna try and add perks that i've tried and tested to the best of my ability:
Steward 175: Man-At-Arms, same as Bannerlord? Only works if Ruler? Not tested, but doesn't work as Vassal or Merc.
Steward 200: Reeve 7 companions avail before, 7 after.
Steward 250: Ruler, 1 companion extra per city, have 2 cities, no companion max increase.
Steward: 100: Logistics Expert - Army remains same speed, other parties does not increase speed nor does main party.
Trade 50: Town Merchant - Afaik still gives no extra carry weight, and the wages remain the same for workshops. Can probably assume Caravan Master also doesn't function, Anyone who can test? EDIT: Town Merchant extra carry weight DOES work in the 1.1 Beta Branch now. Just tested
Scouting 25: Pathfinder Tested during the day, does not give speed.
Scouting 25: Night Vision, tested during night, changed nothing.
Scouting 50: Pathfinder, tested both day and night, did nothing.
Riding 75: Squires, does not increase party size as Vassal, Merc or Loner. Not tested as ruler.
Charm 150: Promoter - Does not work retroactively, making the perk rather useless seeing as by the time you get Cities and Castles, most updrages have already been done. Anyone who can confirm if it works?

Last edited:
On Ice-Breaker - I think the RNG is buggered, I've seen it happen once or twice now, but its seems abysmally low.

For Merry Men - in 1.0.9 they upped the chance of bandits surrendering but, personally, I haven't seen either one fire.

Efficient Coal Maker - I thought this was fixed in a patch? Maybe I was mistaken.

Yikes on the Man-At-Arms ones!

Updated OP!

RNG: is just that. You can get a coin to balance on its side if you flip it enough times. You could also get heads over tails 90% of the time when flipping it a thousand times. It sucks, but it is what it is. They can modify it but just increasing the chance you could still get stuck in an RNG slump if you are unlucky, unless they add a breakout counter to force the event. (ex: If no bandit has given up in x encounters, then the current encounter will give up.) Either way, I am getting the option without having the perk.

As far as Merry Men: I'd like to add that the odds seem to be higher the larger the discrepancy between forces. My 300+ party (Imperial everything currently consisting of: My wife, 2 other companions, 138 infantry units, 43 cavalry units, 35 mounted archers, 94 unmounted ranged units...the numbers were more even before these bandit tests...Stupid simulated bandit battles.) would have bandit and looter parties numbering in the single digits surrender almost every time I managed to corner them. I had to search for numbers in the double digits to get into an actual fight so my troops could get experience and even some of those surrendered.

Note: This reply also made me aware of another issue with the surrendering bandits which I've tested and posted HERE for anyone interested. It deals with loot.

Though if we take another look at the perk description it doesn't state that you have the possibility of this happening but, rather, that the option will be there. That is how the wording sounds to me, so it may be bugged in so far as you don't get the option every time with the perk. Even without the perk (the only way I see the option currently), it is the bandits making the offer, not the PC offering to hire them.:

g3mjY.jpg

YYhIP.jpg

Efficient Coal Maker in v 1.010: Doesn't seem to have been fixed:

l4uPL.jpg

XdWTI.jpg

d9FCt.jpg

Man-At-Arms: Yeah, I thought that the total might have already been applied elsewhere initially and maybe just have the wrong total applying (didn't actually look at the troop limits too closely or I would have realized it wasn't being applied immediately), but the quartermaster increase was due to the stewardship skill increase I got during the siege (+2 somehow) so the bug is obvious in multiple ways.

Apologies to anyone who got this far. I have a habit of making long posts.

Ummm
I have "Merry Men" perk in the "bow" skill tree at skill level 150.
It says:

Merry Men
(Personal)
+3 to party size
Required Skill level 150

BTW I have no idea about this whole bandit thing everyone is discussing. +3 bandits....wow. Stone throwing looters? That's what I got up to 150 in now for?

So,
+3 to party? Or companions?
I mean "merry men" ....as in Robin hood?
You would think it meant you could add +3 companions.
To add +3 soldiers to an army of over 200? Yippie!
At skill level 150 of BOW?

I'M CONFUSED
(and no, I couldn't add new companions from taverns. I checked.)

We're looking at Merry Men in the roguery tree at 275. It allows you to recruit bandits into your party. If you've just been through a siege or large battle and half your men are dead, it is a quick way to replenish your forces. With Disciplinarian from the Leadership tree at 125 you can convert those units to regular troops. The names will likely change at some point, along with other skills that are doubled up.

Back
Top Bottom