Resolved List of Perks That Do Nothing or Don't Work

Users who are viewing this thread

Been playing around quite a bit...

The one's I've noticed in particular are as follows:

(1) Disciplinarian: even with the perk, bandit troops cannot be upgraded/reverted into normal troops. The option is still unavailable and tells you that you need the perk. - FIXED 1.0.6

(2) Merry Men: with perk, no option is ever given when engaging with bandit troops to recruit them. My dreams of running my own bandit army are crushed.

(3) Bow Expert: the item "Southern Strong Longbow" still cannot be used on horseback. (MrPhail, Jonlit, ScribeUntitled also report similar occurences)

(4) Ice Breaker: I've never seen my relation increase with a lord on conversation start. (Could be RNG, per ScribeUntitled)

(5) Drill Master: It says (Governor), but since you can't declare yourself governor of a fief, this perk does...nothing?

Per Stefan208:

1 - Prominence
2 - Logistics expert
3 - Bannerlord

Per Skang:
-Should increase party size by 2. It doesn't happen.

Per Xcelerate:
The level 275 Medicine perk doesn't work (tested by shooting my own troops to count HP in battle)
Perk for extra ammo doesn't appear to work for crafted javs

Per pbl,
-the lvl 75 tactic skills doesnt work
-neither does the 175 steward skill (man at arms)
-both lvl 75 leadership skills dont work
-the lvl 25 smithing skills (coalmaker) is inverted to what it says. (costs 3 wood to make 2 coal when it should be 2wood/3coal)

Per JaffalAllaYourMum
-Prominence
-Warmonger has no indicator in army management
-War Rations has no indicator in food consumption
-Raise the Meek

Per zwien,
-Bannerlord only works as faction leader.

Per Sepone,
-Ice Breaker seems to not work after a while.

Per Ackdam,
-Ice Breaker RNG seems lower than stated
-Merry Men seems as common as Ice Breaker, but doesn't have the perk
-Efficient Coal Maker still incorrect
-Man-At-Arms definitely not working

OlgaPumpkinStealer and Zyakan report having Merry Men fire once, despite not having the perk - then not happening again

This list is by no means comprehensive or guaranteed to be accurate, so if anyone has any more, I'll happily add to it.

Last edited:
The level 275 Medicine perk doesn't work (tested by shooting my own troops to count HP in battle)
Perk for extra ammo doesn't appear to work for crafted javs

(5) Drill Master: It says (Governor), but since you can't declare yourself governor of a fief, this perk does...nothing?
i think this perk for yours companions...

Just to add to this the polearm perks that give extra % damage for couch lance are completely useless since couch lance already is oneshot

Ok, this is 4-th or 5-th thread with the same issue, that I'v seen only today) How do they filter such a mass of applies!
There are, indeed, more perks fitting this list in previous posts. I have to disagree about the point 4 (ice breaker), i'v seen couple times its work during my walkthrough. Nevertheless, the chance is too small to be noticeable, find it kind of useless perks for now.

Also any bow on horse can be found both under bow and horse skill. Which is wierd Id imagine if you used bows in horses you'd eventually level up both so I dont see the point in having two of the same skill overlap eachother. Pretty dumb imo

Can confirm that "Disciplinarian" and "Bow Expert" don't work. I've also never seen "Ice Breaker" proc when meeting someone, but that could just be down to RNG.

Also any bow on horse can be found both under bow and horse skill. Which is wierd Id imagine if you used bows in horses you'd eventually level up both so I dont see the point in having two of the same skill overlap eachother. Pretty dumb imo
well neither work so....

1 - Prominence
2 - Logistics expert
3 - Bannerlord
I honestly think half the perks dont work, I dont wanna test so I dont get dissapointed, I just play my game and not worry about it much. Just like a re-skinned Warband guys

Practically none of the skills/perks/cultures are working/ implemented atm. A list of the ones that actually DO work would be helpful if people are tracking that.

Been playing around quite a bit...

The one's I've noticed in particular are as follows:

(1) Disciplinarian: even with the perk, bandit troops cannot be upgraded/reverted into normal troops. The option is still unavailable and tells you that you need the perk.

(2) Merry Men: with perk, no option is ever given when engaging with bandit troops to recruit them. My dreams of running my own bandit army are crushed.
Ha-ha) Thats exactly the reason why I stop playing for today because I can't roleplay a stepp bandit badass to all team of deathbringers))

For Merry Men perk, at one point I had gotten the option to recruit some looters despite not having the perk, though it has yet to happen since.

-the lvl 75 tactic skills doesnt work
-neither does the 175 steward skill (man at arms)
-both lvl 75 leadership skills dont work
-the lvl 25 smithing skills (coalmaker) is inverted to what it says. (costs 3 wood to make 2 coal when it should be 2wood/3coal)

Hey guys! For some reason I hadn't been getting notifications that people were replying in this thread, but I've updated the OP with the majority of additions. :smile:

Thank you all for your reports! Hopefully someone from TW sees this. :smile:

i think this perk for yours companions...

Its poor design for it to be an option for a Player Character then if it never gets utilized.

I was going to say the same, the perks could do with a major rework. Even if they were working they're largely useless for the player character. Also, a lot of the low-level perks for the steward aren't much use in early gameplay; it'd be better to get perks roughly when your at a stage that you can get use out of them.

Back
Top Bottom