Landing swings even though we just got hit

Keep this mechanic in the game ?

• Yes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

This is something that was not a part of Warband. As soon as we were receiving damage, as small as the amount of damage was, our swing was cancelled. On Bannerlord, sometimes you are in an encounter with someone, you straight up outplay the person by hitting him FIRST, and their swing keeps going so they hit you as well... I don't see any reason why this should be a thing, it undervalues the importance of skill versus armor.

the interrupt damage threshold is 5, lower than this, damage won't interrupt animation. It was 10 before. I would prefer to set it higher actually. Be careful what you ask, if any damage can interrupt animation, it is just opening for potential abuse, like someone looking away from you at a particular angle and using the initial part of his swing to forever lock you in blocking. Or keep running away with the ending part of his swing to stop you chasing him. To an extend, It's already happening with all the long twohander whirlwind warriors.

Thing is, a 5 damage is sometime super sketchy. Many times i've landed what seemed to be pretty good blows, but ended up dealing 5 dmgs because the ennemy was wearing big fat armor and for some reason my entire damage was nullify. Warband had spamming, for example when using vaegir cimitars, and it was still possible to counter it. Many mechanics seem to counter weapon spamming, for example you sometimes get a cooldown when you blow gets blocked by a shield. Fast weapon also tend to have low length, and in MP length is a big deal = to each weapon its advantage. Speed + no length or length + speed. Thing is, this no-swing-cancel mechanic sometimes feel very unfair when you land a good blow, that was legit, and the legionary or sergent you totally outplayed ends up landing his swing and oneshotting your face.

Actually, I recall hitting someone today twice for 5 damage without stunning them them, so it would seem it's actually 6 and above damage that interrupts.
Yeah, I had same experience. The number was from one of the patchnote, I think the code might be something like: interrupt if Damage > 5.

Back
Top Bottom