SP Antiquity Kingdom of the Nile

Users who are viewing this thread

DarthSpasti said:
the early middleages begin ( i may be wrong) but i think they start in 500 AD...

so what the hell should the period between 0 and 500 AD been called?  :mrgreen:

and the mod wouldn been totally based on total war but there should be some few designs out of rome and the factions (voted by the team: rome, egypt, seleucidia, numidia and greece and carthage will follow later) but maybe youre right maybe its the period.

but on the other hand: look at vikingr its about 700 (quite eventless 700 years for technologies) years later and rises to one of the most famous mods in warband :wink:
Actually, the period from the fall of the Western Roman empire to 900AD is the Dark Ages, then comes the early Middleages.

Are you going to add Elephants ?
It will be cool if you add them .
I have seen chariots in the mod named "the wedding dance" ( hey, I PLAYED THE NON NUDITY VERSION OF IT ) . :oops: :oops: :oops:
By the way , Can you use the spear fighting animations from "hegemony" mod in your mod ? :smile:

Hello all! Sorry its been a while since my last post, my computer crashed and had to be completely rebuilt twice. Elephants will probably not be included in the earlier versions (we might work them in later)

@ DarthSpasti: If you have someone with good, solid map-making skills (or even mediocre skills) I would be very willing to work with you. Biggest problem is models. I can't figure out modeling for my life.

@ nomad1414: I will try hegemony, if i like the spear animations, I may ask permission to use them. Greece will probably not be incorporated until we near the end of at least version 1.0.0

@ Everyone else: STOP WITH THE RANDOM BULL**** SPAM! I'M TRYING TO MAKE A GOOD MOD FOR YOU GUYS, AND I'M NOT GETTING PAID!

I can help you with images of greece , egyptian , persian and even roman soldiers from rise and fall : civilizations at war game . Shall I do this ?
and also can you make camels larger in size than horses , because I noticed in all mods that contain camels , I noticed that they are nearly equal in size to horses , they must be taller . and they produce the same sounds like horses (Whinny of a horse) , and the same sound produced when a horse runs (the sound of Horse hooves ) , I can get you the sound of a running camel .

SORRY , I HAVE A BAD ENGLISH .

nomad1414 said:
I can help you with images of greece , egyptian , persian and even roman soldiers from rise and fall : civilizations at war game . Shall I do this ?
and also can you make camels larger in size than horses , because I noticed in all mods that contain camels , I noticed that they are nearly equal in size to horses , they must be taller . and they produce the same sounds like horses (Whinny of a horse) , and the same sound produced when a horse runs (the sound of Horse hooves ) , I can get you the sound of a running camel .

Mounts can only have one sound applied to them all, if you use camel sounds in their place then horses will sound like camels

Crossbow Joe said:
nomad1414 said:

Mounts can only have one sound applied to them all, if you use camel sounds in their place then horses will sound like camels

ok, I didn't know that . thanks

Sayd Ûthman said:
i think it's possible with some triggers in mission template
hes right. the old warsword mod did it with giant lizards.
nomad1414 said:

Thanks a ton for your support. shoot me a pm about what you already have. depending on accuracy, some of the persian and egyptian models might be good. if you can get a map maker to design a map with the Nile area and the assyrian empire, that would be a big leap forward. otherwise, we need models first. and lots of em. plus we need to re-texture all of the appropriate existing models. we're gonna go in small steps at first (i.e. map change+some new models in one version, character options in next, change npcs in next, etc.)

The models used in Rise and Fall aren't accurate to this time period, it's a good idea but not for this mod.
The only thing I can think of that would be close is the early Egyptian Spearmen.

Send me a list of the weapons that need a re-texture, I'll see what I can do.

Leij0na said:
Is this mod dead?
It's not "dead" persay, but on ice for a while.

@Lord_Drake: will work on that as soon as I can get on the computer that can run M&B. basically just re-texture all steel to bronze

About camels, probably going to take out horses as rideable. replace with camels. I KNOW IT AINT ACCURATE BUT WHAT THE HELL! going to have to figure out how the chariot sounds would work.

@dion1195

I have the entire Encyclopedia of Ancient Egypt, not to mention the experience of a 3 year obsession with the history of the middle east.

I appreciate all the offers of historical help, but I can manage that. I need modelers and map-makers. I've got a friend who's willing to give coding a shot.

BTW: still didn't get a reply about chariots from Wedding Dance. could other ppl try contacting the designer for permission? I can't get through to them.

chimera_t said:
Leij0na said:
Is this mod dead?
It's not "dead" persay, but on ice for a while.

@Lord_Drake: will work on that as soon as I can get on the computer that can run M&B. basically just re-texture all steel to bronze

About camels, probably going to take out horses as rideable. replace with camels. I KNOW IT AINT ACCURATE BUT WHAT THE HELL! going to have to figure out how the chariot sounds would work.

@dion1195

I have the entire Encyclopedia of Ancient Egypt, not to mention the experience of a 3 year obsession with the history of the middle east.

I appreciate all the offers of historical help, but I can manage that. I need modelers and map-makers. I've got a friend who's willing to give coding a shot.

BTW: still didn't get a reply about chariots from Wedding Dance. could other ppl try contacting the designer for permission? I can't get through to them.
Ah, sounds like a semi-simple recolor. Shouldn't be too hard but I'll have to wait and see what it comes out as to be sure. :smile:
I'll give map making a look in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom