SP Antiquity Kingdom of the Nile

Users who are viewing this thread

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,153709.msg4406455.html#msg4406455][IMG]http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7990/puntsoldiers.jpg[/IMG][/url]

I've come up with a real name: Kingdom of the Nile. If you could use this picture in the sig: http://www.bazaarinegypt.com/catalog/images/EP065.jpg that would be sweet.

Couldn't find anything for map making that wouldn't require more skills then I currently have. Sorry. :/

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,153709.0.html][IMG]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/202/f/c/kingdom_of_the_nile_mod_banner_by_l0rddrake-d416rjv.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Brodan1 said:
Use Thorgrims map editor, Make the map useing mount and Blade, then copy the files that are needed. :razz:
Cept I don't know the module system, and I'm more interested in spending my time learning skills I can use for more then just modding M&B.

Lord Drake said:
Brodan1 said:
Use Thorgrims map editor, Make the map useing mount and Blade, then copy the files that are needed. :razz:
Cept I don't know the module system, and I'm more interested in spending my time learning skills I can use for more then just modding M&B.
You don't need the module system to use throgrims map editor, nor to add it. And if you want to learn skills which can be used in modding other games as well then try modelling the word map using one of the many modelling softwares out there.

Crossbow Joe said:
Lord Drake said:
Brodan1 said:
You don't need the module system to use throgrims map editor, nor to add it. And if you want to learn skills which can be used in modding other games as well then try modelling the word map using one of the many modelling softwares out there.
I recall reading something about that. I'm working on getting a better understanding of Blender right now, do you think that would be a good program to use?

Lord Drake said:
Crossbow Joe said:
Lord Drake said:
Brodan1 said:
I recall reading something about that. I'm working on getting a better understanding of Blender right now, do you think that would be a good program to use?
To be honest using throgrims map editor is so easy and self explanatory that I hardly would call it a skill, though to make advanced maps it might take some.
Blender would be a good program though I am uncertain of the process involved since I have never done it myself it is significantly harder yet allows for alot more customisation. It's up to you

Crossbow Joe said:
Lord Drake said:
Crossbow Joe said:
Lord Drake said:
Brodan1 said:
To be honest using throgrims map editor is so easy and self explanatory that I hardly would call it a skill, though to make advanced maps it might take some.
Blender would be a good program though I am uncertain of the process involved since I have never done it myself it is significantly harder yet allows for alot more customisation. It's up to you
Hmm... I'll have to think about it. Leaning toward doing it with blender since I don't want to have to go and reinstall M&B. :/

Kind of. its pretty much on ice till im out of the house. (aka can get my own good computer) REsearch, suggestions, pre-made models, codes for chariots, etc, etc are all still welcome.

Jenbu said:
chimera_t said:
the jews being slaves was biblical. they were in egypt, but the were just as socially acceptable as other citizens. I might include Jewish Rebels as bandits, so you might be allowed hunt them down with your chariot. BTW any1 know which mod already has chariots? cause I keep seeing references.
sry but wouldn't that offend the actual jews around here? Maybe make them a weak faction or something?

You shouldn't stop with an idea because someone will be offended. People can get offended by anything and caring about what people think will only limit creativity and results; for the worse.

SulleDrake said:
Jenbu said:
chimera_t said:
the jews being slaves was biblical. they were in egypt, but the were just as socially acceptable as other citizens. I might include Jewish Rebels as bandits, so you might be allowed hunt them down with your chariot. BTW any1 know which mod already has chariots? cause I keep seeing references.
sry but wouldn't that offend the actual jews around here? Maybe make them a weak faction or something?

You shouldn't stop with an idea because someone will be offended. People can get offended by anything and caring about what people think will only limit creativity and results; for the worse.
FINALLY! someone who understands creativity. The Zealots were a religious group of jewish bandits, and I can only assume that they may have been present in Egypt. There: Jewish bandits that are (kind of) historically accurate

Do you have a map? I can recommend leandrojas_'s if you don't.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131564.0.html

Hey, there.
First off, I'd like to lend my hand on some of the modeling. I'm not an expert, and I'm gonna just see what I can do and throw it out for you to see. I'm trying to actually do my school work this year :wink: so I wont have endless time, but I can still try. Hopefully you can pull something out of this.

Secondly, it's a shame that so many people have to make a flame war about people being racist for being historically accurate, and for being so childish about it.

Edit: Woohoo, I'm "sick" today. Along with my other modding work, I might try modeling something

Thanks! any models would be appreciated as long as they are middle-eastern. especially khopeshes of various designs.

soozo12 said:
hi i read u need moddelers i can model but i don't now anything about Egyptian history  :roll:
I know tons of Egyptian history. just search on google for egyptian weapons and see what models you can make.

Back
Top Bottom