If the Taleworld devs don't start paying attention to Multiplayer as much as they do Singleplayer, I will refund the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

This is why I couldn't care less about multiplayer.

Not that the SP crowd is completely innocent either, but it's far less pronounced.

Agreed. I used to play MP games exclusively once upon a time, and they almost always have the worst communities in existence; absolute garbage human beings, in every sense of the word.

No. I will be happy when they leave the forum, so that maybe it is less of a cesspool of toxicity. What I don't want is for them to influence what changes are made on my single player game.

And to the people who say that MP and SP are separate, let me remind you that there were MP people raging at SP people over autoblock not too long ago. Just an example.

You're putting everyone in the same basket here, you don't know any of these players, you don't know what they've done in the past for this community whether it is for the singleplayer ( modders ), or the multiplayer ( organizing tournaments, events for the community, hosting servers,... ). You went for 5 minutes on the multiplayer part of the forum, of course you're going to see feedbacks and sometimes angry people because of the lack of communication from TaleWorlds. Yet the large majority of these people are doing an incredible amount of work in order to help the devs understanding what's wrong right now in multiplayer and especially about the combat system which could be made more responsive.

Don't hesitate to check the multiple constructive threads we made :

Actually, everything went well until some people decided to tell us to **** off because " people have no interest in multiplayer,... "

If you don't give a **** that's fine, but let us do our thing without ****ting on a lot of people's work who took their time to give good feedbacks, it's up to the developpers to tell us if they don't give a ****, not some angry kid who went on the section of a forum he already doesn't give a **** about just to talk nonsense.

And yes multiplayer was a thing, it was incredibly well organized too, we had tournaments every year, had incredible admin teams and even TaleWorlds organized a LAN tournament in Bucharest in 2017 because they were impressed by the multiplayer audience dedication for their game.

Last edited:
You're putting everyone in the same basket here, you don't know any of these players, you don't know what they've done in the past for this community whether it is for the singleplayer ( modders ), or the multiplayer ( organizing tournaments, events for the community, hosting servers,... ). You went for 5 minutes on the multiplayer part of the forum, of course you're going to see feedbacks and sometimes angry people because of the lack of communication from TaleWorlds. Yet the large majority of these people are doing an incredible amount of work in order to help the devs understanding what's wrong right now in multiplayer and especially about the combat system which could be made more responsive.

Don't hesitate to check the multiple constructive threads we made :

Actually, everything went well until some people decided to tell us to **** off because " people have no interest in multiplayer,... "

If you don't give a **** that's fine, but let us do our thing without ****ting on a lot of people's work who took their time to give good feedbacks, it's up to the developpers to tell us if they don't give a ****, not some angry kid who went on the section of a forum he already doesn't give a **** about just to talk nonsense.

When I say that I don't want them to inflluence the way the game changes, I am talking about the trolls, not the people who made a contribution to the game. And I am sorry but no, I didn't form an opinion just based on five minutes on the forum. I have been noticing this for a while now.

I am not even talking about the people who are angry because of lack of feedback by TW, that I can understand. I am talking about the obvious trolls.

And I never said I don't care about MP. I said I don't want changes on a SP game to be influenced by trolls. I am sorry if you are angry, but that stands. I have seen way too many games ruined by a toxic MP community.

Either way you are correct, the devs will do what the devs do. This is a pointless thread and honestly we should all stop bumping it. I am out.

Uhh, they are patching **** for MP though? Every single patch notes has some **** for MP, most of the patch notes right now are just crash fixes and memory leak fixes, except for the 1.1.0 yesterday we really haven't gotten new features either, and 1.1.0 was more of a balance change than new features.

You're acting like SP has already gotten tons of new content and MP is still left in its early form, which is not at all the case. I get that you want the aspect of the game you like being the best it can be, but just read the patch notes and you'll see that SP isn't really getting much content either.

Someone else also already mentioned that SP is the core of the game, most people play SP. Doesn't mean they shouldn't focus on MP, but indeed you should appeal to your majority.

Keep in mind its still in early access, they're producing patches literally every single day. Have some patience, they'll get around to MP when the CORE of the game is working fine with as few crashes as possible, then they will get around to making new content for both SP and MP. If you decide to refund it (assuming you're still within the 2 hour limit) that's obviously completely up to you, but you bought an early access game, you always take risks when doing so.

Lastly, I want to quickly mention how ridiculous it is to threaten with a refund unless the developers do a thing you want them to do. They don't care about your 45 bucks if you're gonna act that childish. You're being incredibly direspectful towards them with the threat too, they are putting a TON of daily work into this game to make it as best as they can as quickly as possible, and you don't even have the patience to wait.

Why do all these SP-only normies keep saying that SP is a bigger focus for now than multiplayer? Do you all think taleworlds has 5 employees in a tiny office? They have alot of employees working on this game. They can focus on BOTH SP and MP.
Evidently not, since they are not doing so

Evidently not, since they are not doing so

Them putting focus on the core-gameplay and the 'intented'(?) way of playing (the game at its core is SP) in early access makes full sense. I'm not saying they shouldn't do anything for MP but they are just working out the core gameplay right now.

"They are not doing so" -- do you have any proof that no one is working on multiplayer? They likely constantly have people playtesting it, reading the forums and noting the bugs/balance problems etc. Them not assigning more people to work on it to work this out faster is something else entirely, but there is literally 0 "evidence" (you use evidently, but there is literally 0 evidence) of them not doing so.

Singleplayer really does need all hands on deck, because it's in an incredibly basic state at the moment. It has an enormous amount of bugs, many features and systems which are in a rudimentary state, and a complete lack of content.

Devs need to spend time working on these, and not waging a war against cheaters and exploits in multiplayer for the next year or so.

I already see early access lasting more like three years with the current state the singleplayer is in.

(...) "dump this broken sp and focus on mp" (...)
This is a ridiculous statement. People who say that have no idea what Mount & Blade is all about. ?
You can have your multiplayer part, it adds to the game, but the game is single player oriented. It alwas has been and always will.

Man, the dev team is like 100 men big. The MP players are few thousands, the SP are 200k. What do you think will be supported more?

The PvP focused players always believe that they are far more important, even if they are only a very small minority. It's an interesting behavioural peculiarity.

They haven't managed a functional SINGLE PLAYER game in 8 YEARS.
Do you seriously think they are going to be able to fix anything MULTIPLAYER related in a couple weeks?
Would you rather see that they made bannerlord with the old game engine?
They have made a new engine and tools to work with while working on the game aswell.
They are doing an amazing job on both SP and MP.

While I am thankful for most of you mp players who understand that just because sp is being worked on doesnt mean mp has been dumped, the amount of mp players saying that SP are always complaining and demanding things be changed with mp is ridiculous.

I started the first thread on autoblock on the taleworlds forum, and the amount of MP players that suddenly cared so much about singleplayer was staggering. Keep in mind, this was a singleplayer suggestion. We didn't want autoblock in MP, we just wanted a toggleable option in singleplayer. This toxicity is not exclusive to either side.

While I am thankful for most of you mp players who understand that just because sp is being worked on doesnt mean mp has been dumped, the amount of mp players saying that SP are always complaining and demanding things be changed with mp is ridiculous.

I started the first thread on autoblock on the taleworlds forum, and the amount of MP players that suddenly cared so much about singleplayer was staggering. Keep in mind, this was a singleplayer suggestion. We didn't want autoblock in MP, we just wanted a toggleable option in singleplayer. This toxicity is not exclusive to either side.

I checked that thread, most of the people arguing with you and flexing were also the ones talking **** about the multiplayer on the multiplayer section of the forum, them + all the guys I've never seen before... In 50 pages I didn't even see a single one of the people I'm seeing on the multiplayer section arguing about your suggestion actually.

We were never against autoblocking in singleplayer, why would we be ? it was already a feature in Warband.

This toxicity is not exclusive to either side.

I agree with you.

This is a ridiculous statement. People who say that have no idea what Mount & Blade is all about. ?
You can have your multiplayer part, it adds to the game, but the game is single player oriented. It alwas has been and always will.
Are you saying "you" as in me or you as in general? Im confused if you read my entire post or not

I checked that thread, most of the people arguing with you and flexing were also the ones talking **** about the multiplayer on the multiplayer section of the forum, them + all the guys I've never seen before... In 50 pages I didn't even see a single one of the people I'm seeing on the multiplayer section arguing about your suggestion actually.

We were never against autoblocking in singleplayer, why would we be ? it was already a feature in Warband.

I agree with you.

There were a surprising number of people against adding autoblock. Half of the people like that had their reason as "SP is meant to prepare people for MP".

Back
Top Bottom