Can you take care of multiplayer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, it saddens me to say this to the creators of my favourite game of all time, but can you take care of the multiplayer? I'm not asking you to make something grandiose out of it, but just something that works, right?

Multiplayer has never been the priority, we've all felt it and we've learned to accept it, but when you leave us with a matchmaking system that's completely neglected because you can dodge every game at warmup without penalty, and so everyone dodges when they see that they have a worse team than the other side, and that's how the TW Matchmaking got abandonned and th ecommunity had to do the work by themselves by creating a new MM (as usual lol).

Now you've made a new patch (which is great btw), and the UI is ****ed up for a lot of people, if it wasn't for the examples I've mentioned and the many others that prove you've let multiplayer down, I could have said to myself "oh it's no big deal, happens, they're going to fix it in a few days" but I have a feeling we'll be waiting months and months yet.

May I remind you that we paid for the game? that maybe we deserve to have a game that works, not with matchmaking servers that lag and do rollbacks every 2 minutes, regular patches on the multiplayer to improve it, functional matchmaking with a system that prevents the examples mentioned above from happening? What a lack of respect for those who have been keeping this game alive through multiplayer for years, we're really being spat on at this point.

TLDR : make multiplayer work, we've paid for this game and we'd love to play it without constant rollbacks on the official matchmaking servers and with players dodging every game.

Last edited:
The most bizzare thing is that there's a feeling of acceptance among vets of Bannerlord, I'm a warband player and I started bannerlord after years of refusing to touch this game because of the state of the multiplayer, and i noticed this feeling as if everyone had understood that there was no point in hoping that TW would do anything about fixing their multiplayer, it was explained to me that the matchmaking wasn't working any more and that it was normal, that the community created their own MM lol, how can we even reach this state

Last edited:
these sort of posts in 2023

01dd66df044b7e779b278038bc835a53-0.png

I agree but let's take a moment to appreciate the fact that they finally made MM playable after almost 1.5 years, before that you couldn't get a match at all. We had to wait, but they didn't completely abandon us. I'm currently just happy being able to play MM at all.

I agree but let's take a moment to appreciate the fact that they finally made MM playable after almost 1.5 years, before that you couldn't get a match at all. We had to wait, but they didn't completely abandon us. I'm currently just happy being able to play MM at all.
i'm very appreciative about the MM tbh, but at the same time "1.5 years" XD, just reading your sentence feels like it's a joke or you're being ironic lmao since it's so unreal to have to wait so many time for a fix

As posted on the BNL discord - the UI issue is caused by a community-made mod, more specifically you likely have a .tpac file under your Modules/Native/AssetPackages called XCrosshair_1.tpac - Delete it. It may also be caused by another community-made .tpac so you can also delete the folder and verify the files again through Steam.

i'm very appreciative about the MM tbh, but at the same time "1.5 years" XD, just reading your sentence feels like it's a joke or you're being ironic lmao since it's so unreal to have to wait so many time for a fix
Every joke is just partly a joke. So the 1.5 years wait was horrible, but I'm genuinely happy to be able to play again.

As posted on the BNL discord - the UI issue is caused by a community-made mod, more specifically you likely have a .tpac file under your Modules/Native/AssetPackages called XCrosshair_1.tpac - Delete it. It may also be caused by another community-made .tpac so you can also delete the folder and verify the files again through Steam.
Any answers about why we had to wait for 1.5 years for a small little fix to the MM? (also it's not even fixed yet, poeple still dodge every game in the warmup)

Back
Top Bottom