If the Taleworld devs don't start paying attention to Multiplayer as much as they do Singleplayer, I will refund the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about. The M&B series has always been a single-player series, the MP was an afterthought in Warband. Although a little bit more effort was put into MP in Bannerlord, it is still only a tiny minority of the playerbase. I did some research on this a couple of months ago during the MP beta, and looking at numerous different sources we came up with the conclusion that the MP community made up roughly ~4-6% or something of the playerbase, 94-96% of the playerbase are SP only.
MP beta had its time, now it's time for Taleworlds to focus on the SP for about a year before they take a look at MP ever again.
It doesn't have to be that way, but following your advice would ensure it remains an afterthought. It's not like they need all hands on deck to update SP in the long term. They could easily split their effort a bit to improve MP alongside. Unfortunately, the general attitude from TW regarding feedback on unpopular MP systems has been "no, it is the players who are wrong!"

Imagine if you were forced by the main quest to join the Aserai in every single SP campaign you started. You don't get a choice, completing or skipping the tutorial automatically does it. You might like the Aserai and not worry about it for a while. You might be new to the series and not realize the restrictions this would impose on you. So, sure, that's fine, right? What about the players who want to play as a different culture, or none at all? Or the veteran players who are accustomed to the freedom they had in previous games now being railroaded in a sandbox? They very well might come to this forum to complain, and I'm sure you know that there would be plenty of people upset by this. Bear with me here, but imagine now that a developer responds directly to their criticism and tells them that this will not change, because they feel that forcing this quest line on the player is better for you than giving you an open-ended experience like previous M&B titles. They tell you this was decided internally, and they won't listen to feedback about it on the forum because they anticipated a negative response here. Absurd, right?

This is legitimately what happened to Warband MP vets during the closed beta. Exactly this, with no exaggeration. So, there's some context for why MP players are grumpy. They have been consistently ignored on major issues since July, and told directly that this was on purpose.

mp communities are mostly toxic as **** nowadays sadly... but yeah the mp community kinda gets ignored and i can understand both points of view, the players who are annoyed that they are not patching as much (again 8 months of mp testing and a week of sp but whatever) and the devs that naturally give much more importance to sp since it holds 95% of the playerbase.

Don't know why somebody play this for the multiplayer. It have nothing other than other games in mutiplayer.
Singleplayer have much more deep, much more to do. I hope they focus more on singleplayer. This game can only exist with singleplayer :grin:
Maybe the better solution would be to have two versions of Bannerlord.
I often have in steam the problem, somebody review the singleplayer, some the multiplayer. But the reviews are only for one game. Maybe its very positiv, but only for the singleplayer. People which read this, and would buy it only for mutiplayer have then the problem, that the multiplayer is maybe worse. But the reviews positiv

I wouldn't mind some attention given to MP. I'm sure they'll get around to it eventually but I believe they have more pressing matters to attend to, given the balance of the base single player game would determine a lot of things in MP too. Just have some patience, no sense in including a game mode if you're not going to see it through eventually.

No chance steam lets you refund the game. Unless you have under two hours of gameplay, in which case that’s a ridiculous ultimatum to make. Get out of here with your empty threats and spend your quarantine twiddling your thumbs if that makes you feel better

Hey, OP, I have an advise to you: never ever buy early access. It always has some bugs and flaws and lacks content. Why? Just because it's early access.

I want the MP to be the best that it can be, but never at the cost of effort and time spent on the SP. This is why, despite virtually never playing MP myself, I participated in the Beta and provided feedback and detailed crash log reports.
The MP beta went on for a very long time, numerous months, close to a year almost. Now that the main system of the game, the Singleplayer, has been released, TW should focus on Singleplayer almost exclusively with exception of the most critical bugs in MP. After the full-release of the game (i.e 1 year from now), then TW can start re-allocating their resources and divide them between SP and MP as they see fit.

But now that we have early access release for the SP (after MP had close to a year of beta testing mind you), I want them to focus on SP.

That sums up my opinion on the subject.

The MP beta went on for a very long time, numerous months, close to a year almost. Now that the main system of the game, the Singleplayer, has been released, TW should focus on Singleplayer almost exclusively with exception of the most critical bugs in MP. After the full-release of the game (i.e 1 year from now), then TW can start re-allocating their resources and divide them between SP and MP as they see fit.

But now that we have early access release for the SP (after MP had close to a year of beta testing mind you), I want them to focus on SP.

That sums up my opinion on the subject.

If the developers keep neglecting the multiplayer side of the game for the full duration of the early access, by the time they start actually working on it the playerbase will be pretty much dead already. Also when saying that the MP beta went on for a long time you seem to ignore that very little real progress was made in that time, the beta didn't receive much content and many glaring issues related to combat and balance still remain to this day. Even during the MP beta the dev team was more focused on working on the SP build for the EA release.

Taleworlds isn't the same very small company that it once was, with proper management they should have enough manpower to work both on SP and MP at the same time and at an acceptable rate, this doesn't mean that they should split 50/50 on both modes, but they definitely shouldn't abandon development of the MP. It is very hard if not impossible for a multiplayer game to make a comeback once its playerbase has given up.

I would agree with you if MP was a "main focus" of Bannerlord, or if the MP community was larger than it is, but it isn't. Fact of the matter is that Bannerlord is primarily a Singleplayer game, and the overwhelming vast majority of people only ever play Singleplayer. Yes, I am biased because I myself exclusively play Singleplayer.
But I'll take a step back, take my bias out of the equation, and just look at the raw numbers: As I said, the overwhelming vast majority of the playerbase is Singleplayer exclusive and the game recently launched a very shaky (but still very fun) early access, obviously Taleworlds will pour 99% of their time and resources into patching up the Singleplayer into a stable playable state before they start focusing a little bit more on Multiplayer.

Im a bit shocked so many people refuse a real multiplayer challenge and instead prefer to hide in an easymode singleplayer carebear environment.

It doesn't have to be that way, but following your advice would ensure it remains an afterthought. It's not like they need all hands on deck to update SP in the long term. They could easily split their effort a bit to improve MP alongside. Unfortunately, the general attitude from TW regarding feedback on unpopular MP systems has been "no, it is the players who are wrong!"

Imagine if you were forced by the main quest to join the Aserai in every single SP campaign you started. You don't get a choice, completing or skipping the tutorial automatically does it. You might like the Aserai and not worry about it for a while. You might be new to the series and not realize the restrictions this would impose on you. So, sure, that's fine, right? What about the players who want to play as a different culture, or none at all? Or the veteran players who are accustomed to the freedom they had in previous games now being railroaded in a sandbox? They very well might come to this forum to complain, and I'm sure you know that there would be plenty of people upset by this. Bear with me here, but imagine now that a developer responds directly to their criticism and tells them that this will not change, because they feel that forcing this quest line on the player is better for you than giving you an open-ended experience like previous M&B titles. They tell you this was decided internally, and they won't listen to feedback about it on the forum because they anticipated a negative response here. Absurd, right?

This is legitimately what happened to Warband MP vets during the closed beta. Exactly this, with no exaggeration. So, there's some context for why MP players are grumpy. They have been consistently ignored on major issues since July, and told directly that this was on purpose.

See, you are actually saying things that make sense, and act like a reasonably human being.

Then we have this:

Im a bit shocked so many people refuse a real multiplayer challenge and instead prefer to hide in an easymode singleplayer carebear environment.

Thats how most people are, cowards :smile:

and from what I have seen on the multiplayer forum, the large majority of the (extremely small, mind you) multiplayer base is like these two lovely gentlemen (or ladies, what do I know). I for one am extremely happy that TW is ignoring feedback from these people, and I do hope that they will get bored of the game and leave. The sooner they leave the community, the better it is for everyone here.

See, you are actually saying things that make sense, and act like a reasonably human being.

Then we have this:

and from what I have seen on the multiplayer forum, the large majority of the (extremely small, mind you) multiplayer base is like these two lovely gentlemen (or ladies, what do I know). I for one am extremely happy that TW is ignoring feedback from these people, and I do hope that they will get bored of the game and leave. The sooner they leave the community, the better it is for everyone here.
extremely small? Everyone tries out multiplayer once in a while. Would be absurd to buy mnb and just never touch MP

How old are you all for **** sake...

Singleplayer vs multiplayer, we don't give a ****, stop opposing the two.

This game was made both for singleplayer and multiplayer, when you buy it both are included in the game, last time I checked it wasn't written " the game is mainly a singleplayer experience and multiplayer audience can go **** themselves ".

It's not like we are two different communities playing two different games, we are all playing the same game in the end. Stop acting like ****ing children who are fighting over Twilight and choosing Team Edward or Team Jacob or some ****.

If people don't care about multiplayer it's not a problem, go and have fun in singleplayer that's ok, the developpers will keep working on it, there will be mods and they have plenty of time to work on everything else, no worries. Let the people who only have fun on multiplayer enjoy the experience too and let the people who enjoy both have fun on both.

We all have the right to request patches,fixes,tweaks and improvements if we feel like either singleplayer or multiplayer needs some work.

It's not like anybody is losing anything in the end.

How old are you all for **** sake...

Singleplayer vs multiplayer, we don't give a ****, stop opposing the two.

This game was made both for singleplayer and multiplayer, when you buy it both are included in the game, last time I checked it wasn't written " the game is mainly a singleplayer experience and multiplayer audience can go **** themselves ".

It's not like we are two different communities playing two different games, we are all playing the same game in the end. Stop acting like ****ing children who are fighting over Twilight and choosing Team Edward or Team Jacob or some ****.

If people don't care about multiplayer it's not a problem, go and have fun in singleplayer that's ok, the developpers will keep working on it, there will be mods and they have plenty of time to work on everything else, no worries. Let the people who only have fun on multiplayer enjoy the experience too and let the people who enjoy both have fun on both.

We all have the right to request patches,fixes,tweaks and improvements if we feel like either singleplayer or multiplayer needs some work.

It's not like anybody is losing anything in the end.
ikr, but I never see MP only people say anyting bad about SP or oppose it, I only ever see SP people oppose MP. Maybe they feel insecure or something.

If the developers keep neglecting the multiplayer side of the game for the full duration of the early access, by the time they start actually working on it the playerbase will be pretty much dead already. Also when saying that the MP beta went on for a long time you seem to ignore that very little real progress was made in that time, the beta didn't receive much content and many glaring issues related to combat and balance still remain to this day. Even during the MP beta the dev team was more focused on working on the SP build for the EA release.

Taleworlds isn't the same very small company that it once was, with proper management they should have enough manpower to work both on SP and MP at the same time and at an acceptable rate, this doesn't mean that they should split 50/50 on both modes, but they definitely shouldn't abandon development of the MP. It is very hard if not impossible for a multiplayer game to make a comeback once its playerbase has given up.
What is with you MP players, the game has been out 2 weeks man. Who the f*** cares if it was out in beta, and who the f*** cares about MP or its player base anyway. SP takes priority because it is the main part of the game, and makes up over 90% of the player base. Stop whining for patches for changes you want to see because you played warband. This pointless debate is such a distraction from more important issues like improving SP. We get it, MP players from warband are unhappy. Now move on for a while

What is with you MP players, the game has been out 2 weeks man. Who the f*** cares if it was out in beta, and who the f*** cares about MP or its player base anyway. SP takes priority because it is the main part of the game, and makes up over 90% of the player base. Stop whining for patches for changes you want to see because you played warband. This pointless debate is such a distraction from more important issues like improving SP. We get it, MP players from warband are unhappy. Now move on for a while

?

Back
Top Bottom