If anyone's still wondering about the perks...

Users who are viewing this thread

If you're wondering about the perks check out: and see which perks are fully implemented/still in progress.

Out of a total of 18 perks:

- 10 perks at 0 % or < 20 % completion
- 8 perks are > 80% completed
-
The only perk at 100% completion is Leadership

TaleWorlds announced a complete rework of the current perk system. Any future changes/rehauls are also going to be reflected on the website.

In my humble epic gamer opinion, the perks are essential. Else progression is irrelevant.
Many new players are still under the 'placebo' that these work... Only to realize they're just placeholders, hours of playthrough later.
Progress is, kinda good, so far.

Thank and godbless.

Last edited:
Perks might be important for the min/maxers but I think it's a bit of hyperbole to say perks are essential. I personally hate the perk system and wish TW hadn't implemented them in the first place, in fact the whole progression system is poorly thought out and I hope TW will scrap the whole thing and figure out something better.

Perks might be important for the min/maxers but I think it's a bit of hyperbole to say perks are essential. I personally hate the perk system and wish TW hadn't implemented them in the first place, in fact the whole progression system is poorly thought out and I hope TW will scrap the whole thing and figure out something better.

Lol! how long do ya want the game to be in development for?!

I want it done right not some **** show thrown together because people are in a rush for the game to be finished.

Taking more time to do something does not equate to it being done right, or done well. Take a look at Duke Nukem or countless other delayed games that still turned out to be trash. There's no guaranteeing that any system they come up with would be better than the current. We're also already in Early Access and they've given a rough ETA for launch. Right now it's taking them a LONG time to implement perks one at a time, a total rework of the progressions system completely, would, judging by their current work rate, add years to the games time in early access which might literally kill any goodwill they have.

First trading perks doesnt work correctly at all. Profits are not marked, there are colors marked on the npc side but not on the player side ... Is it only me ?

Watch. We won't see all the perks completed anytime soon because they are going to go through several iterations of redesigning things.

You'll see.
I hope so but FOOL ME ONCE. They said before they were not putting in the perks because they were making changes..... but then they put the new melee perks
and it's just "hur dur you sword 1% more gooder yeh fa yoo" perks that are boring and useless.

Well this is really 2 issues. Something is essential for the feeling of character progression and building for the RPG aspect of the game and this something is seriously lacking in current BL. If they want to do something else (more like warband style) go for it. I was a bit peeved when I read a dev say "It's just a perk" in response to saying how worthless the "raise the meek" perk is. Yes it's just a perk but that's all we ****ing get!

That said you can wipe out the AI and take the map with just what in the game. So in that sense perks aren't essential.

That said you can wipe out the AI and take the map with just what in the game. So in that sense perks aren't essential.
But, arguably, there is more pleasure in the journey than in reaching the goal.
So the perks, such as they are, are essential, especially since there are many missing/unfinished systems at the moment.
What exactly are we early accessing now? An empty shell? That's not fun. Players need to be able to enjoy the game and have somewhat meaningful "full playthroughs" at every stage of development since release, which would keep them entertained (and the games are entertainment) while the studio builds up the game to its "final" state, whatever that is.
They should have implemented the perks as they read in the game now, so that players would have better sense of progression and accomplishment, and then change them whenever they get to it (which anyone with half a brain there could have known wouldn't be "next week" or something).

Warband's attribute system offers more customizing IMO.
Warband's is incredible. You can really plan out you character for some incredible effects that really effect the game.
I love to min/max in warband! Look at this absolute monster!

And that's not even my ultimate creation! That's from when I was attached to having 4 HA and wanted WM for fast archery! I've made even more broken Int/Str build since with even more maxed out INT skills at super low levels by starting as an even weeker high int lady! I don't use leadership **** charisma.

Warband's is incredible. You can really plan out you character for some incredible effects that really effect the game.

And that's not even my ultimate creation! That's from when I was attached to having 4 HA and wanted WM for fast archery! I've made even more broken Int/Str build since with even more maxed out INT skills at super low levels by starting as an even weeker high int lady! I don't use leadership **** charisma.

Character name :mrgreen:

But, arguably, there is more pleasure in the journey than in reaching the goal.
So the perks, such as they are, are essential, especially since there are many missing/unfinished systems at the moment.
What exactly are we early accessing now? An empty shell? That's not fun. Players need to be able to enjoy the game and have somewhat meaningful "full playthroughs" at every stage of development since release, which would keep them entertained (and the games are entertainment) while the studio builds up the game to its "final" state, whatever that is.
They should have implemented the perks as they read in the game now, so that players would have better sense of progression and accomplishment, and then change them whenever they get to it (which anyone with half a brain there could have known wouldn't be "next week" or something).
I agree they should have just put in the perks just to give us something, even if they all go bye bye in the future. It's unfortunant they didn't just take an afternoon and knock em out. However the only perk that I'm really missing out on is the 275 riding perk. That looks absolutely Bananas and I've got 275+ riding on about 5 different games so far.
I think most of the non-coded existing perks are so stingy and petty that there wouldn't be much more enjoyment in having them over just clicking the icon to choose them (if they existed) now.

EDIT: Actually I really want some of the Stewart perk to work and I get sad whenever I read them and think how much even more broken and OP my personal party would be if they were coded in.

What I want most is better supports skill and better ways to raise them. Stuff like trainer, surgery, engineering, but with a solid way to level them and real useful effects. That and more ABILITIES from either perks or a replacement system, meaning letting you character or party/clan DO SOMETHING different and open up more play styles.

Last edited:

+1

For me, I just hate how I literally have to race to get companions in BL so I don't passively increase skills I have no interest in, which in turn screws me in the late game.

For Pendor playthroughs I would be the dumbest yet strongest/fastest HA.

Idk, I feel like in WB you had more freedom with character creation, in the sense that I could choose my path based on my decisions, being good at something while being poop at another, whereas in BL you will race to be good at things you want, or end up being mediocre at everything with the exception of being above average in the things you want.

The perk system is horrible, especially when death is going to be enabled, your character will be like 2 points or something off of a really cool perk you wanted to play around with and then bites the dust randomly.

The progress has to be much quicker, much easier and actually synergise, and a lot less perks so it isn't such a mind **** to pick the right perk here and there. Also assuming we are not going to be able to go into the character config and respec our characters like we could in Warband please allow it in Bannerlord at the very least for some sort of price(or free if your feeling generous)

For me, I just hate how I literally have to race to get companions in BL so I don't passively increase skills I have no interest in, which in turn screws me in the late game.
I don't understand this. Could you clarify, please?
If you don't invest any Attribute/Focus points in the skills you don't plan to personally develop (for example scouting), it's still beneficial to delay the hiring of companions with those skills because you can still get some points for them and that will be like bonus points for leveling your character.
How does this screw you in any way?

I don't understand this. Could you clarify, please?
If you don't invest any Attribute/Focus points in the skills you don't plan to personally develop (for example scouting), it's still beneficial to delay the hiring of companions with those skills because you can still get some points for them and that will be like bonus points for leveling your character.
How does this screw you in any way?
>he doesn't know
Your character level gives no benefit and give a global reduction to learning speed of all skills. So by gaining stray skill points in skills you don't want you reach higher levels sooner, thus slowing down the progression of skills you do want.
It's so bad that by the time you're level 20+ the advantage of a new FP or attribute is barely noticeable because speed of learning has been so (I want to say the R word...) slowed down in development.

If you're wondering about the perks check out: and see which perks are fully implemented/still in progress.

Out of a total of 18 perks:

- 10 perks at 0 % or < 20 % completion
- 8 perks are > 80% completed
-
The only perk at 100% completion is Leadership

TaleWorlds announced a complete rework of the current perk system. Any future changes/rehauls are also going to be reflected on the website.

In my humble epic gamer opinion, the perks are essential. Else progression is irrelevant.
Many new players are still under the 'placebo' that these work... Only to realize they're just placeholders, hours of playthrough later.
I'm a progression oriented guy so I'll be putting off the game until it fully works.

Thank and godbless.
My favorite perk is getting to do this every game!

Back
Top Bottom