SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Upgradable perks?

Users who are viewing this thread

世界知名伟人

Sergeant at Arms
There are massive amount of perks in this game while only some strike the player. I think the biggest problem is the numbers given to perks. Many perks have potential to increase gameplay but failed because of the low numbers assigned.
E.g. Leadership Level 150 perk Citizen Militia "Militia has 20% chance to spawn with more experienced troops." Militia Veteran is very rare in this game. This is the only way, since the policy "Land Grants for Veterans" is broken, to spawn them. Then is it a good perk? No. Replace 20 militia out of 100 with t3 veteran ones doesn't change anything. It's even more since beta 1.2.5 adds militia instantly for newly conquered settlements, before we assign it a governor. Any perk that +1 militia is mostly better than this. It's an example of an intersting perk ruined by low number assigned to it.

How to salvage this poor design? I do understand the balance consideration needed in regard to the massive amount of perks. Here is my suggestion.

Make perks upgradable. Introduce a new type of currency gained by leveling dedicated to level these perks, just like focus points. Take the govener perk "Citizen Militia" as example. Give l1 20% chance, l2 40% chance, l3 60% chance, to spawn with more experienced troops. After 3 points invested, this could be a nice perk for a governor assigned in a frontline town. It also doesn't break the balance while making NPCs dedicate on a specific role and do a better job.

Back
Top Bottom