Horse menavlion needs to be removed

Do you think that menavlion should be considered as a pike and be forbidden on a horseback??

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

We will remove the menavlions from the empire light cav. Also cav prices are gonna be higher in tdm and siege.

You have no idea how much this is going to help in those servers and the game in general. Actually, it shouldn´t be allowed to use two-handers weapons on cav (Except Khuazits, they should remain something special). Next step should be to forbid classes to use weapons they dont have skill to use (Heavy inf with bows for example).

It appears nobody has mentioned captain mode. 2 glaive cav khuzait who want to solo can linger around 1 shotting causing spears of infantry to come out so that the khuzait infantry can push in.

I've been seeing this "strategy" of exploiting a.i a lot lately. We need more ground troops/archers imo

LOL sad. Don't poke devs about your mangina leaks. Grow up a bit and stop crying. Adapt and overcome your play.
We will remove the menavlions from the empire light cav. Also cav prices are gonna be higher in tdm and siege.
5bmauz.jpg

Once again another side effect of the holistic implementation of the class system; but let's get down to business.

I'm guilty, I admit it... among others, I'm one of the biggest detractors of the use of menavlion on horseback. Agreeing with a growing majority of player opinions, I will say that equipping menavlions to cavalry is stupid... I won't go for political corrections this time.

Mounted swing polearms are a swampy field that the devs have waded into all by themselves. In SP one of the favourite weapons of most newbies-casual players are the menavlion, long glaive and other super-overpowered mounted polearms.. whoever want to use them to harvest bots in an unrealistic way...ok, legit. However in MP this should be much more controlled, imho.

I repeat, menavlion for cavalry must go and moreover, I would block its use if equipped on foot and intended to be used on horseback after skavenging (this or a heavy nerf in handling speeds). The glaives, personally I would reduce the size of the Khan's guard as well as the Lancer. With the latter I want to mention again that swing arcs with polearms should be trimmed, imho (Check this thread for more info).

To the point. Although we have commented this issue before, I would like to propose a set of " interlocking " changes (for skirmish-TDM-Siege) that indirectly affect the use of menavlions and glaives.

A picture is worth a thousand words, but in a nutshell:

-XzJF.jpg

Courser
Cataphract
Palatine guard
Khan's guard and Lancer
I would unequip that ignominious menavlion by replacing it in an act of recovery with a throwing spear to get a loadout line similar to Sturgia's Raider.That bastard axe has no place in a cavalry unit, instead bringing back the bow perk would be interesting in my eyes for this unit.Let's not kid ourselves, that polearm is a menavlion in disguise. I don't understand why such a weapon was equipped for that unit. In my opinion, I would unequip that polearm and replace it with the bastard axe from the cataphract in a shorter variant.Basically a facelifting/beautification for the glaive variants with a handle length reduction. Horseback variant with a restriction on swings/turn on horseback.

In short,
A fair use of the menavlion as an anti-cavalry/support weapon. Glaives and other swinging polearms with a restriction on swings/turn on horseback.

More info here

More info here

I repeat again in case anyone is not clear about my position :lol: ; NO menavlion on horseback.

---
Edit: @drontrixsepta To see the general interest, I would enable a poll :shifty: .

Considering this thread ended in a total victory of a common sense, i want to praise maestro Terco ideas again, specificly new Glaive. It looks actually amazing, i always wondered why heavy archer would go into battle with longa*s polearm, it would kinda... mess with his back and body balance during archery movements of body :grin: Also it has much more Eastern/Asian atmosphere, would love to see something like that in game

Considering this thread ended in a total victory of a common sense, i want to praise maestro Terco ideas again, specificly new Glaive. It looks actually amazing, i always wondered why heavy archer would go into battle with longa*s polearm, it would kinda... mess with his back and body balance during archery movements of body :grin: Also it has much more Eastern/Asian atmosphere, would love to see something like that in game

Quoting Alyss again, this cavalry menavlion thing has been requested for over a year or so... has taken some doing. I'm glad about that, however, to quote Clauswewitz123 - will we let an infantry menavlion be able to perform with swings on horseback? That would be the next step, imho.

As for the glaive... more of the same... certain parts of crafting could be adapted to achieve that more eastern style? no doubt. However, we have the same problem with the horse swing arcs, which in my opinion should be revised.

I know players like matamor, Tork, etc will detest this decision, basically because they have been kicked out of their comfort zone (healthy sarcasm :iamamoron: ).However, with the glaives although giving them a facelift (beautification) would be a matter of minutes, we should have a debate on whether the lancer's should be shorter, whether the khan's guard should operate the same on foot as if you take a horse and whether 2h weapons should be able to be wielded the same on foot as on horse... basically what we were talking about here.

n_Ak_.png

Menavlion should be made unusable on horseback, otherwise menav infantry can still jump on horses. Since horses are still unkillable it is very easy to find one on the battlefield.

My take is that light cav has always been pretty bad in Captain’s mode, except for Coursers. Now they’re all going to be bad. At least it’s balanced now :roll:

Back
Top Bottom