OSP Other Scenes High Resolution Skybox version 1.03 (for M&B v0.80x)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmm, I have no idea what's wrong.  I don't know if this would make any difference, but trying adding the
Code:
load_module_resource = skybox
line to the end of your module_info.txt, just before
Code:
module_version = 0
compatible_module_version = 0

I know you already stated that the files were in the right place, but just in case, here are the proper file paths:

skybox.brf:
:\Mount&Blade\Modules\Mod_Name\Resource

skybox_a,b,c,d.dds:
:\Mount&Blade\Modules\Mod_Name\Textures

module_info.txt:
:\Mount&Blade\Modules\Mod_Name

Just had another thought; seeing as how my skyboxes are being incorporated in other mods, perhaps someone has merged the skyboxes into a different brf file, thus getting 2 copies trying to register.  Try disabling my skybox, then check ingame to see if it's actually working.  If you don't see a square sky, you should be fine.
It's a long shot, but I'm not sure what else you could try  :???:

Talak said:
Just had another thought; seeing as how my skyboxes are being incorporated in other mods, perhaps someone has merged the skyboxes into a different brf file, thus getting 2 copies trying to register.  Try disabling my skybox, then check ingame to see if it's actually working.  If you don't see a square sky, you should be fine.
It's a long shot, but I'm not sure what else you could try  :???:
I have no other mods in this particular installation of Mount and Blade, so that's not it, because I haven't done any merging either.

Do you have any mods installed at all, or are you applying it to native?  If so, I don't know if it can just be used with native via my instructions; it may only be able to be used with an actual mod.

If you are using it with native, you will probably need to rename and replace the existing files.

Backup your meshes_skybox.brf file in CommonRes, then place my skybox.brf in there and rename it to meshes_skybox.brf.  Let me know if that works.

I think I had a problem similar at first, then I just renamed, like you just said, skybox.brf to meshes_skybox.brf,  so it would actually overwrite native's BRF.

That fixed it for me, anway.

No mods installed. I'm applying it to my own mod. I also tried what you and Highelfwarrior suggested. In fact, that was one of the first things I tried. Still no.

Well, I have got rid of that problem to find another.

I added the files back into textures and materials brf, then removed them again and the error went, but now I get "Unable to open file default_texture.dds". This is odd because I never remember there even being a default_texture.dds, and I've checked this against every installation of Mount and Blade that I have.

I'm sorry, I wish I could help, but I really have no ideas.

If this helps at all, this is the structure of the skybox.brf file:
Code:
MESH:
skybox_a	
	Material: skybox_a
skybox_b	
	Material: skybox_b
skybox_c	
	Material: skybox_c
skybox_d	
	Material: skybox_d

MAT:
skybox_a
	Diffuse:  skybox_a
skybox_b
	Diffuse:  skybox_b
skybox_c
	Diffuse:  skybox_c
skybox_d
	Diffuse:  skybox_d

TEX:
skybox_a.dds
skybox_b.dds
skybox_c.dds
skybox_d.dds

As far as I know, the "default_texture.dds" error would be because BRFEdit or M&B has assigned that texture to the mesh in place of an existing one.  You need to assign a pre-existing texture.

Yeah, I had all those right. I'll try everything again, though, just to see if ripping everything out and doing it again will work.

What mod where you using to make that screeny? I first thought it coud be the hero horse of dinosia and that castle guy next to a starting town. but the silverkatana said his hero horse was black! =P

Everything.jpg

The images come up perfectly in every one of these. I take it there's no problem with the filepaths?

Servitor said:
What mod where you using to make that screeny? I first thought it coud be the hero horse of dinosia and that castle guy next to a starting town. but the silverkatana said his hero horse was black! =P
It's from the next version of Dionisia (not yet released).

Leprechaun:
The only thing I can think of is making sure you have "load_resource = meshes_skybox" in your module_info.txt if you've placed meshes_skybox.brf in CommonRes (and removing any other references to it), or "load_module_resource = meshes_skybox" if you put it in your mod's Resource folder.  Also if it's in CommonRes the textures need to be in Mount&Blade\Textures; not Mount&Blade\Modules\Mod_Name\Textures.

I renamed the .brf to meshes_skybox to make things easier, and it should be loading the .brf from the module/resource folder. I also have the textures in module.textures, and have scan_textures = 1.
Code:
module_name = Official Module
map_min_x   = -70.000000
map_max_x   = 70.000000
map_min_y   = -70.000000
map_max_y   = 70.000000
display_wp_firearms = 0
scan_module_textures = 1
scan_module_sounds = 0
load_resource = textures_face_gen
load_resource = shaders
load_module_resource = textures
load_module_resource = materials
load_resource = materials_face_gen
load_resource = uimeshes
load_resource = meshes_face_gen
load_resource = helpers
load_resource = map_tree_meshes
load_module_resource = map_icon_meshes
load_resource = particle_meshes
load_resource = skeletons
load_resource = tree_meshes
load_resource = xtree_meshes
load_resource = grass_meshes
load_resource = plant_meshes
load_resource = body_meshes
load_resource = object_meshes
load_resource = object_bodies
load_resource = goods_meshes
load_resource = item_meshes1
load_module_resource = horse_meshes
load_resource = food
load_resource = beards
load_resource = armors_b
load_resource = helmets_b
load_resource = village_houses
load_resource = hair
load_resource = deneme
load_resource = interiors_a
load_resource = scene_encounter_spot
load_resource = interior_thirsty_lion
load_resource = scene_arena
load_resource = scene_zendar
load_resource = scene_small_tavern
load_resource = weapon_meshes1
load_resource = weapon_meshes_b
load_resource = houses1
load_resource = wall_meshes1
load_resource = town_houses
load_resource = doors
load_resource = churches
load_module_resource = meshes_skybox
Only thing I can think of is in CommonRes/meshes_skybox.brf the four are also skybox_a, skybox_b etc. I'll change those to skybox_1, skybox_2 etc to see if that helps.

EDIT: Nope, still no joy.

mots said:
Any chance of getting this ported to .801?

I'll be converting it as soon as the proper tools are released.  At the moment M&B just comes up with errors if I try to use it, and BRFEdit is not fully compatible yet.

Back
Top Bottom