OSP Other Scenes High Resolution Skybox version 1.03 (for M&B v0.80x)

Users who are viewing this thread

Stefano

Squire
M&B
Talak, that's a nice work. Those seams really are painful to see.  :cool:
Didn't add (yoink!  :lol: ) 'cause I don't have a mod of my own, but I bet every single mod in this forum will use your skies.

Thanks dude.

Talak

Sergeant Knight
M&BWB
Thanks everyone for the comments  :smile:  I appreciate it.  I'm still working on some better skies for the mornings especially, but at the moment Real Life(TM) has interfered.  Hopefully I can get back to it in the next week or so.
I'll also consider creating some new city icons for general release; as some of you know I've already done this for the ExtraNPC/Dionisia mod, but I'd like to keep them unique.  One other thing I think should be possible is multiple-layer skies, with a small parallax effect (eg separate cloud layer).  It might even be possible to animate them.  I'd have to experiment a bit.

Talak

Sergeant Knight
M&BWB
Ealdormann Hussey said:
I'd kill for new map icons for my mod. Wink, nudge  :wink:

:grin: If I release some they'll be general ones for anyone who wants them; as I am committed to HardCode's and silverkatana's merged mod. (ExtraNPC)

Don Jacobo

Veteran
Well what game did you play when taking that screen? the house looked like dionasia but the armour and horse looked a little bit france medieval...

Pellidon

Sergeant Knight
M&B
that's from the new extra npc/dionisia combination mod. they're including new items and tweaking the heraldry.

Talak said:
Thanks everyone for the comments  :smile:  I appreciate it.  I'm still working on some better skies for the mornings especially, but at the moment Real Life(TM) has interfered.  Hopefully I can get back to it in the next week or so.
I'll also consider creating some new city icons for general release; as some of you know I've already done this for the ExtraNPC/Dionisia mod, but I'd like to keep them unique.  One other thing I think should be possible is multiple-layer skies, with a small parallax effect (eg separate cloud layer).  It might even be possible to animate them.  I'd have to experiment a bit.
A note with moving skies-that would hurt the framerate a bit, wouldn't it?

Chilly5

Master Knight
M&B
Talak said:

Holy **** man, if you manage to do that the community should give you a new title like "Talak, lord of the skyboxes".

leprechaun

Marquis
M&B
Hmm. Followed your instructions to the letter, but now when I try to start the game, I get the following error message:

attempt to reregister object skybox_a.dds

What stupid mistake have I made this time?

Chilly5

Master Knight
M&B
did you put the texture in the textures folder? check to make sure you have no spelling mistakes.

Highlander

Marquis
WB
Leprechaun said:
Hmm. Followed your instructions to the letter, but now when I try to start the game, I get the following error message:

attempt to reregister object skybox_a.dds

What stupid mistake have I made this time?
the game reads skybox_a two times, once in native, once in your mod. rename it and the material of it and assign the mesh to the new material

leprechaun

Marquis
M&B
But there is no skybox_a in native. There is a skybox.dds, but not a skybox_a.dds. The only place there is skybox_a.dds is in the module textures folder, module textures.brf, module materials.brf. It all works fine in brfedit.

leprechaun

Marquis
M&B
Nope.

load_resource = textures_face_gen
load_resource = shaders
load_module_resource = textures
load_module_resource = materials
load_resource = materials_face_gen
load_resource = uimeshes
load_resource = meshes_face_gen
load_resource = helpers