OSP Other Scenes High Resolution Skybox version 1.03 (for M&B v0.80x)

Users who are viewing this thread

Talak, that's a nice work. Those seams really are painful to see.  :cool:
Didn't add (yoink!  :lol: ) 'cause I don't have a mod of my own, but I bet every single mod in this forum will use your skies.

Thanks dude.

Thanks everyone for the comments  :smile:  I appreciate it.  I'm still working on some better skies for the mornings especially, but at the moment Real Life(TM) has interfered.  Hopefully I can get back to it in the next week or so.
I'll also consider creating some new city icons for general release; as some of you know I've already done this for the ExtraNPC/Dionisia mod, but I'd like to keep them unique.  One other thing I think should be possible is multiple-layer skies, with a small parallax effect (eg separate cloud layer).  It might even be possible to animate them.  I'd have to experiment a bit.

Ealdormann Hussey said:
I'd kill for new map icons for my mod. Wink, nudge  :wink:

:grin: If I release some they'll be general ones for anyone who wants them; as I am committed to HardCode's and silverkatana's merged mod. (ExtraNPC)

that's from the new extra npc/dionisia combination mod. they're including new items and tweaking the heraldry.

Talak said:
Thanks everyone for the comments  :smile:  I appreciate it.  I'm still working on some better skies for the mornings especially, but at the moment Real Life(TM) has interfered.  Hopefully I can get back to it in the next week or so.
I'll also consider creating some new city icons for general release; as some of you know I've already done this for the ExtraNPC/Dionisia mod, but I'd like to keep them unique.  One other thing I think should be possible is multiple-layer skies, with a small parallax effect (eg separate cloud layer).  It might even be possible to animate them.  I'd have to experiment a bit.
A note with moving skies-that would hurt the framerate a bit, wouldn't it?

Talak said:

Holy **** man, if you manage to do that the community should give you a new title like "Talak, lord of the skyboxes".

Hmm. Followed your instructions to the letter, but now when I try to start the game, I get the following error message:

attempt to reregister object skybox_a.dds

What stupid mistake have I made this time?

Leprechaun said:
Hmm. Followed your instructions to the letter, but now when I try to start the game, I get the following error message:

attempt to reregister object skybox_a.dds

What stupid mistake have I made this time?
the game reads skybox_a two times, once in native, once in your mod. rename it and the material of it and assign the mesh to the new material

But there is no skybox_a in native. There is a skybox.dds, but not a skybox_a.dds. The only place there is skybox_a.dds is in the module textures folder, module textures.brf, module materials.brf. It all works fine in brfedit.

Nope.

load_resource = textures_face_gen
load_resource = shaders
load_module_resource = textures
load_module_resource = materials
load_resource = materials_face_gen
load_resource = uimeshes
load_resource = meshes_face_gen
load_resource = helpers
load_resource = map_tree_meshes
load_module_resource = map_icon_meshes
load_module_resource = skybox