Brytenwalda Repolished 1.05 (updated July 15/2015)

Users who are viewing this thread

Small Update for July 15: I am still working on 1.06 but gave Gdwitt and Krag the nod to use whatever they want from 1.05 for their compilation. Due to RL my work on the mod has sloooowed considerably, but it´s not forgotten.

As of now I have a small changelog of current upcoming changes for 1.06

1.06 - Flattener of the Hills Update

-Rivers Bridge and Overland Map Combat Scenes, the ones happening near any bridge have been flattened to make them less hilly, this is a WIP and the most time consuming, and at the moment is only effective for 3 scenes, there are still a lot of hill out there but you have to start somewhere.

-Several Scrub,Brushes, Grasses and oddly placed flora in the reworked maps/scenes has been either obliterated or moved in the z axis to more correct angles, as a second pass on already worked upon maps from 1.05. This aims to spot the offenders that averted my eye on the first run. Most flora should be within logical constraints now, as usual, this is Work in Progress, so floating flora from outer space might still be alive somewhere

- The "Forbidden" ( :grin: )  Village of Pen Rhionydd now upon a new savegame "pops" into place connecting it again to the landmass and avoiding the dreaded Hills Have Eyes feature of another village landlocked for eternity

- A new revision for visible gear off most Town Elders that didnt make it though my earlier revision in 1.05, to add more uniqueness to them. Some of them are now for all intents and purposes truly veterans of war with proper rusty gear and the occasional eyepatch.

- A new set of Banners courtesy of yours truly is in the works for extra fun and changing some of the drab palettes from the original ones while keeping their rustic look

- Obliteration of most of the badly placed rocks/trees in certain combat scenes that only happen during AMBUSH! encounters, these have been a pain to fix due to the Ambush! mechanic being so random

- Further Polishing of the item_kinds1.txt, specifically Coarse Linen Gloves being much cheaper than regular vanilla gauntlets

- Inka was missing shoes for some reason, poor woman will have her feet clothed again as a default armor piece, the blisters struggle was real.

- Brian was eating up the Lyre assigned to him, switched it in position for proper inventory spawning

ETA on 1.06? Somewhere around 2015/2016 just so I dont disappoint anyone  :mrgreen: be patient, game as it is is practically complete (it was in Vanilla 1.41 too btw)

Cheers!

o/
Dec 6 Update:  1.05 is currently live at the Nexus, rest will upload during the day as my bandwidth allows!

Hi guys, lately I have been creating a modified version of Brytenwalda, mostly cosmetic, troops, merchant items, banners and other goodies.

You can try it at

The Nexus here http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5951/? if you want.

in STEAM here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=343029398 (Steam Workshop version is now 1.05!!! No more problems!)

in The ModDB here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/brytenwalda-repolished

DESCRIPTION

It´s a compilation of submods plus the main mod and A LOT OF my custom work, mostly modified meshes and retextures, plus armor balances, weapon damages. I credit in the readme every single person that created a submod I am using in the compilation, like TML, Vidamir and Hidole555 PLUS the Brytenwalda Team

Just want to upload the whole package with the mod included plus assorted Images/visual helps I have compiled or altered for my own use using existing sources. It´s like a 1.41 version with a lot of stuff included in a SINGLE PACKAGE (added a small patch package for those that asked for it)

I have reincluded a LOT of the original cloaks for example that were lost as either addons no longer attributed to any singular item or cloaks that were never added to any mesh at all, yet the textures were there already! Also made ALL CLOAKS (ALL, YES) have a UNIQUE texture already included in the game, some of them may be similar, others are quite new to my eyes. A very Small Example

RrP20hs.jpg

Also took the time to completely alter starting inventory items for Companions, since they all were pretty generic looking. Connor looks more "irish" , same with Brian, or Matui, whereas Trackers like Osmund are now garbed in more "appropiate" looking gear.

They never start with anything that gives them more than old clothes, they all mostly use 10/5 clothes, with an added cloak and/or proper "cultural" shield , according to troop tree upgrades to their relative ethnicity. In pics they have non starter gear, specifically Long Bows and gloves, rest is their intended look, just took a quick screenie of my current play through.

lVTXUgH.jpg

And a bunch of other changes, like Much more merchant items for items that were simply unclicked out of the merchant tag and were just regular peasant clothing, plus the new items like the 6 "new" cloaks that were just there already but never assigned. Merchants have more stuff for sale.

I also created a new type of glove, Coarse Linen Gloves that are statwise like leather gloves but look more rough.

OiafUQB.jpg

And a lot of many other little things, like a rebalance of Mail Coats in regards to all other heavy armors, a spear damage upgrade with a different formula to Vadimir´s, yet I still used his scene fixes which were very good, also added the old lost skyboxes that for me work flawlessly and I´m on an old GTX250 with a core i5 CPU and 8 gigs ram.

I also seeded my new items to appropriate troops, those that used cloaks, and new gloves to bandits. Also added a new Lt. Type Bandit Leader, called an Utlagi (old world word for Outlaw) with low/mid tier gear and animal helmets for the sake of adding a small new bandit troop, just love bandits.

For visual Aids and extras you can watch offline or alt-tabbed I once found an awesome color coded Map of Brytenwalda in the web, unfortunately in a generic looking site with no author name, me being a bit hard on the eyes, sometimes the colors blurred for me and decided to "upgrade" a bit the original Brytenwalda map this wonderful unknown person did and ended up wit this, if you know who did the original map please tell me to credit him, I just added some "cosmetic" stuff PLUS tags over terrain, rest is his/her work.

zFeFzco.jpg

I also took the time to alter SEVERAL item description names and sometimes Item_id strings too to clean some of the clutter of the original item_kinds1.txt , if you ever modded the item file, you will know what I am talking about. It´s a bit messy, it works, but it was awful having for example 10 MAIL COATS, with the same stats, having the same name but different meshes/textures, so now all mail coats are gone and have more "coaty" names, same with all North Horses (I always wondered why all horses were from the "north")  :mrgreen:. And it works in game no problem too!

And many other things. Been working slowly on this for some months on my free time in the weekends, and so to get back on topic was wondering if I could upload the WHOLE altered Brytenwalda mod without anyone complaining? :grin: Tentative name would be Brytenwalda Re-Polished 1.0 , it would NOT BE SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE due to the changes to map/troops, keep that in mind.

Update: Well, to all the people I asked and told me they had no problem with me including their work a BIG THANK YOU! :grin: YAY!

************************************************************************************

96NLAdx.png

BRYTENWALDA REPOLISHED

This compilation of mods, "Brytenwalda Repolished 1.0" is my effort to share with the community some of my own personal custom items alongside some of the best mods/info for Brytenwalda atm in one single big package, ready to download, unzip and install. It contains the base game.

Mods included:

-Brytenwalda Graphics Pack (original official add on but readded the Skyboxes)

-TML Submod by TheMagelord (1.21+1.22Unofficial)
(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=255556.0)

-The Unofficial Graphics Pack Patch for Brytenwalda by Hidole555
(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=309019.0)

-Tree Updates by Vidamir
(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,270940.0.html)

-Pest Lord Fix by WillardM
(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,283638.0.html)

-Remove Plastic Head/Shiny Armor by Brujoloco
(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,315975.0.html)

-Companion Info by /xyp/
(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=136511.45)

-Companion Like and Dislike by Qmax
(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=136511.30)

Character Creation Chart-TML by Landwalker
(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=313835.0)

Brytenwalda Faction Map by Gunny
(http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?513865-Brytenwalda-A-Britain-636-IH)

-Brytenwalda Pict Based Banners by Brujoloco
(http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5941/? )

-Brytenwalda Faction Map 2.0 by Brujoloco based off Gunny´s work (just embellishments and tags)
(http://i.imgur.com/zFeFzco.jpg)

-Companion Matrix for Stable Parties/Raiding parties by Lohi-Soturi
(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=183844.0)

-Custom work on the .brf´s, some textures and alterations of the item_kinds1.txt, Mystic Merchant conversation.txt fix ,  recopilation of pictures/formatting, etc done by me, yours truly Brujoloco

I proceeded to change several things in game:

CHANGELOG

1.0 Release Version (Repolished)
- Restored Heavy Armor leg values changed/buffed way up by TML. The rationale TML explained in his change is solid, and he truly hated playing Legchopper on Horsemen, but I see that over all the awesome changes he did to items and the scripts themselves (The salinae is actually good now and the troop wage change is fair) this quite never clicked with me much since it breaks from the "historical" perspective. What I did was simply restore the Original Values and then proceeded , for some flair, to reorganize the WEIGHT of most of the medium/heavy armors (nothing that great, variations is at most -4 to +4. You will see them ingame, and implemented a new formula for armors affecting only the regular mailcoats which were simply, statwise too "good" rendering most other armors just cosmetic choices, and as much as  I want, Warband wargaming is still a bit too abstract to properly capture realism. So the Formula isas follows: from a "balanced" Mail Coat, they should be now all 45 to Body 9 Leg Armor (total of 54 Points), and even with this change, they still outvalue most of all the heavy non noble/kingly/wolf loricas, meaning almost 70% of the rest of heavy armors in game, rendering them in the end as I said "cosmetic" choices. You can as usual be welcome to disagree and edit values using Morgh, but after some playtesting on my part this feels quite right. To further differentiate armor and in this particular case mail coats, I have played a bit with these 54 points in the distribution. My rationale is that having almost same looking armors with the same clonestamped values is ... odd for a mod of this caliber and dedication, to me anyway hence this "fix".

- Restored some of the lost cloaks ingame: When I was browsing the meshes when doing my color fix, I discovered a TON of unnasigned cloak textures floating around. In essence I made ALL regular cloaks have a single UNIQUE texture plus added at the end of the item List 6 more cloaks (item numbers 1419 and up). To avoid item bogging the list I just replaced some of the "NATIVE" tagged items to keep the list the same size, since Brytenwalda is full of "native" non used items in the item list that can serve as holders for many many more new items/meshes, so no need to ADD new items, just replace holders.All cloaks are now merchandise too, including the new ones.

-Added a new type of glove, with new texture called Coarse Linen Gloves, a fingerless linen glove for those like me that prefer a more rough (and historical) look on companions/avatar. Unlike the one size fits all Leather Gloves at +12 Body armor, the coarse linen gloves are like the Wrapping Boots of Gloves in style, same value as leather, but rougher looking. They give +12 Body armor, since Gloves are in this mod just an extra body armor value item and have no actual tiers, rendering them for my purposes a cosmetic choice with this addon.Proceeded to seed them in the troop list inventories to some Bandits/npcs only.

-Created a Lieutenant type troop, called the "Utlagi" (old word for Outlaw) that now goes on merry plundering, robbing and stealing with the "Band of Murderers and Thieves" and "Looters" that when captured/recruited can upgrade to a Slaver. I enjoy bandits in most games, and here I think this low tier leader was a needed.

-Bandit Leaders and Utlagi can now wear Goat Caps/Boar Fur/Boar Hat. Goat/Boar hats were previously Pagan priests exclusive, but bandit leaders quite fit the idea of a bit savage men willing to do anything, plus the "Boar Fur" item is a beautiful item that is simply unassigned to ANYTHING at all ingame (in Vanilla Brytenwalda) in single player, so added it to them for a chance of it perhaps once every Haley comet Passing dropping. (and considering my luck, probably tattered) , also made it possible for this lost item to be added to a merchant with a very very low chance of it appearing in some territories.

-In the Revised Map included in TML´s submod, p_village138 aka Arderydd was placed in such a way to be landlocked inside a pocket, meaning nothing could get in or out. I fixed this by moving the village slightly east, no more Mutant Inbred Cannibals from the Hills that lost touch with civilization happening ever again.

-Restored 6 of the textures to female naked pict women bodies that Sept Women use. For some reason ALL the female naked pict bodies were using the same 4 textures on the 10 bodies for women. After restoring, I added some
meshes to them to create Female Pict Bodies that have Cloaks for artistic reasons, I kinda find wasteful having the textures un assigned floating in the textures folder and .brf´s

-I enjoy Sept Women, they are very nice looking and unique Light Infantry,  but they are so rare and hard to find I decided to create this tragic tale of sadness whereupon Soldier Wives , some of them from brave Pictish Soldiers went on spiritual quests of vengeance and sorrow, having had their husbands killed in battle. This means now that Soldier Wives can upgrade to Camp Defenders OR Sept Women. They will remain rare as you can only get them by recruiting from prisoner stacks, and then upgrading them from the Villager Woman tree for some "balance", but you get the idea, instead of the odd rare chance of actually finding Sept Women in prisoner stacks. Did I mention Sept Women now look better in their cloaked/NEW bodies?

-Upped the Damage of Spears, they are more deadly now. As a side note, I really enjoy the new damage values for spears inspired by Vadimir,lowered value for axes and improved value for Swords that TML implemented. Spears as they are now are still quite bad for the AI to use but at least when they swing and hit before dying to the axe spamming horde the thrust will actually do decent damage, making battles
now quite more fun (and deadly). I skipped Vidamir spear animation due to the fact it is quite buggy/awkward to my tastes, but you are free to check it out at http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,272406.0.html. From what Vidamir did on his spear buff I took inspiration for my own personal tweak to them. Formula is as follows:

1)1H Spears are categorized in Light/Medium/Heavy
2)Weight determines this category, 0.1 to 1.5 units is light, 1.6 to 2.9 units is Medium 3.0 + heavy.
3)Light Spears swing at 100 to 102 speed, Mediums from 97 to 99, and heavy ones 94 to 96
4)Damage goes from 33-35 for Light, 36-38 for Medium, 39 to 41 for Heavy, ultra short light spears 29 to 30
5)Values were placed taking into consideration original brytenwalda values plus this formula, altering weight and damage accordingly

This makes spears do less damage than vidamir´s changes but they have inner consistency for my calculation methods while still making spears MUCH MUCH more useful than vanilla Brytenwalda.

-Taking a tip from an old mod that made Merchants more fun, as in having better stock, I decided to do the magic of simply ticking the "MERCHANDISE" tag on SEVERAL clothing/armor items. So yes, you will see much more items on display now on merchants. Go ahead and discover them! No, no Kingly/Noble Armors with abundance of 150, fact is, I decided to make most of the armor worn by bandits/certain troops non-merchandise and quite unique looking to spice things up! Go loot man! Looting is awesome :grin: . Like many others there were several cloth items that were neither noble nor kingly that were taken off from merchants for no reason I can actually understand. There are still some shields out of reach, some specific looking armors and clothing but these should be gained from looting, but the rest of regular farmer clothing/godelic tunics and caps/hats simply had no reason AT ALL to be barred from merchants. Most Noble/Kingly/Unique items are still off the grid.

-Reworked all starting gear for Companions, simply kitting them from the start in more "region" friendly gear. Connor is now truly irish looking, and Brian is more flashy (and gaelic), same with Ciniod/Onuist/Bridei (man I hate the big baby in diapers skin Ciniod starts with, considering the amount of AWESOME looking naked pict bodies) and many others. Since their starting gear was pretty DRAB and GENERIC I think they needed a bit of a spark of fashion consciousness. As usual, you can strip them naked and make them wear whatever you want, but
I like these little details, and no, they are not starting out with Dena/Frank Gear, check them out, they look fabulous :razz: (some of them anyway, some retained some of their original drab looks for consistency/personal stories) , also remember the TML changed ALL NPCS to level 1 and with the same Stat distribution as yours btw.Don´t despair though, if you want Ubermen with 60 in all stats it´s just a click away with the export/import companion option remember?

-Due to the way I was editing the brfs the game actually asks of it to have a valid "no_head" mesh for the NO HEAD helm, which I promptly slapped off in MeshLab and textured fleshy, so now you can have a true NO HEAD helm of nothingness in your head, making you look like a headless chicken. yay! Same with some of the meshes in the inert items at the beggining of the list which I replaced too and that the game started to ask for.

-I have included a replacement banner_a.dds that contains 21 new banners created by me that are pictish in design, just drag and drop and overwrite or ignore. Your choice, located alongside all other extras in the Extras folder

-Several instances of Item description "polishing" in the items_kind1.txt, since having 5 types of red mail coat was confusing when I tried to see what mesh belonged where, also cleaned several other instances of confusing naming conventions (all cloaks have a UNIQUE name), mostly for internal use, but felt this was needed to be posted here, I left MOST original Item_ID names as they were. Though I do understand that for simplicity´s sake you can have all cloaks named cloak and all mail coats mail coats, it kinda detracts from
the spirit, for me anyway.

-Several instances of Armor (mostly Mail Coats) has been remeshed to contain "addons" like cloaks, to add visual variety. So bandits will be more colorful now, same as some Mercs and high tier army units. Amazing what you can do with already built in resources, some time and a bit of imagination, love brytenwalda! :grin:

-Loricas are considered in game as heavy armor, yet offer only basic 45 to body and 4 to legs, to compensate for the previous mails, I lowered their weight, so you could run faster in a HEAVY ARMOR Lorica. Im the kind of guy that enjoys infantry movement. They are now a possible choice of armor when going on foot in the heavy armor category. I was tempted to try to "rebalance" all other armors, but I left all other armors as they are in original Brytenwalda to account for armor varieties and qualities, but I felt the regular mails needed a severe "tweak" because no matter what game I was playing they were simply the best choice, ALL THE TIME, as usual my disclaimer that this is my personal opinion and you are always able to restore or modifiy values
using Morgh´s :grin:

-Due to the current cosmetic addons to heavy armors I had to slightly alter the loading order of the brfs in the module.ini swapping the load order of capasycabeza.brf and capasycabeza2.brf to load BEFORE armaduraspesadas, in case you want just the new armor looks and want to extract that from this compilation, so a friendly heads up :cool:

-Restored a non used mesh assigned to a Hood, in this case a Green Hood, then seeded amongst troops that use colored hoods

-Fixed the annoying north horse skin swapping upon receiving a prefix of Spirited or Heavy.

-Fixed several counts of non hero/non troop/non killable npc´s having double gear taking space in their inventories (just polishing)

-Seeded cloaks, including some of the new ones to some NPC Merchants/Travelers/Static Tavern Npc´s

-Seeded Straw Hats/Boar furs/Leather Caps to some Village Leaders (more variety)

-Added some visual aids gathered from around the Web, credits at beginning of readme, their work rocks!

-Fixed typo of "Bronce" mails to Bronze and variations thereof

-Assorted typos in item descriptions fixed, more polishing in varied clothing items.

-Fixed Mystic Merchant dialogue, it was in a bit broken english, changed to a more colorful text :grin:

-Draft horses and North Horses now follow a special naming convention at the end : Colt, Mare, Steed, Stallion, which implies simply their relative SIZE in the battlefield, Colts beings the smallest and Stallions the largest, all other stats are in essence the same, like Vanilla Brytenwalda.

-Draft horses and North Horses have had their names changed. For ease of reference all "Location" horses are north horses and all "Dr*"  are Draft Horses (consistency and cosmetic reasons)

-Cleaned some unneeded string sequences in the item_kinds1.txt when describing each object, as they no longer apply to Brytenwalda as a whole and assume they are leftovers from others mods or compilations.

- The mail_hauberk_jco.dds pertaining to a long mail coat has been redone, it originally had some fleshy like coloring that made it look awful, reskinned to make it look like a full body mail and added a red cloak to make it stand more since it´s a very rare heavy armor.

-Certain tunics had badly mishappen specular maps making them shine in places they should not be shining. so proceeded to "clean" the specular for a more non shiny look, (just polishing)

-Reincluded the shield .brf some people have been reporting as missing from their installs or corrupted or missing meshes from various non official Brytenwalda full package mods around the web (escudos3.brf)

1.01 (Funky Horse Update)
-Horse Skin swapping upon attaining Heavy or Spirited prefix Fix

1.02 (Forgetful Merchant Update)
-Missing horses from horse Merchant items lists fix

1.03 (Shy Shields Update)
-Missing .lodX from Shields3.brf/assorted LOD work causing specific shields/items to dissapear after a short distance fixed

1.04 (Beautified Trainer Update)
-Scenes in the Trainer camp/Lake/Village, The Quarry and Monid Crobh having mismatched/floating items/flora/stones fix , a lot of them were
highly misplaced (seeing trees growing sideways in the air is kinda shocking!) :grin:

1.05 (Pine Deforestation Update)
-Certain troops missing armor pieces fix (Mercenary Captain/Tavern NPC´s:Travelers/Ransom Brokers/Bards , Cantaber Iuventus) These troops now will spawn with armor pieces they should be spawning with.

-General rework of fixed tavern NPC´s generic names for easier identification and future polishing/editing,  using qualificative adjectives of mood: Angry/calm/curt/etc (Ransom Brokers, Bards and Travelers)

-Added new .lods to several of the Bl-type shields (those I missed in 1.03) in shield3.brf to avoid them  popping out of existence when watching units carrying them and walking/riding away from them. Added up to 4 .lod´s to all those shields, this is a more inclusive work than the one done in 1.03 and now adds more .lod´s than before making the shields stand out better at much farther ranges.

-Fixed Villager Woman troop trees by having subsequent troop upgrades be able to shoot their included bow and arrow with skill, as their listed skill was set to 0 in vanilla despite having enough Power Draw to wield them.

-Added two new bandit troop types to add variety to bandit spawns and have a legal way to obtain the named  Eye-popping" bow in game. These are the Fliming, the Archer Bandit and the Wearg, an Elite Archer that MIGHT carry the Eye-Popping bow.

-Rework of certain tavern npc´s clothing/face codes to avoid making them look like clones of each other and represent a wider variety of people  present in the current time frame the mod portrays, these faces will be  wildly different to the stock ones, and appear to randomize a bit over their initial face code for extra fun, did the same to the "Hores" because they looked too alien with their huge almost unieyes staring at you from the bottom of their soulless bodies.

-Fix of ALMOST ALL  scenes in static areas of the map that had mismatching trees/rocks/items floating around or at unseemly angles. This has been the most time consuming part and have invested over 6 hours per day(for a week) slowly looking around for them. THERE MIGHT STILL BE some floating pieces around, so please report them if you see them for future fixes. A HUGE Thank you to Kraggrim from the Taleworlds Forums for his almost OCD Behavior in spotting some of the nasties and "beta-testing" the early scenes for further tweaking. As a matter of  appreciation he is now included as a Random Tavern Traveler in the world called: "Kraggrim the Thorough, and works as regular traveler. Thanks man!

-Altered the Flora that calls on the tree meshes to avoid Pine trees appearing in places there should be only rocks, this is a strange form data/mesh set imported from the Graphics Pack and it has finally been cleared.  There will no longer be pines popping up in the oddest of places in Great Britain,  this leads to the next change ....

-Most of the Pines in Great Britain have been obliterated. Historically , there were no Pines of any type  (except a not very warband pine looking Irish pine) in the current time frame the mod portrays. These have been replaced with more generic looking trees.

-Altered some party templates to include the new two bandit troops, The Fliming and Wearg will appear now in Bandits Gang and the Wearg in Band of Thieves and Murderers roaming spawns.

-Altered the coefficient and rgb outputs of some bare shoes to avoid having them look like shiny waxed legs of unsexiness in random troops/npc´s.

-The Dreaded Ram Bug fix has FINALLY been solved, thanks to Motomataru publishing a fix years ago and Kraggrim kindly compiling it and giving away the changed text in the scripts.txt, right now ALL Castle scenes that have a Ram will now , given enough manpower batter away all THE DOORS! This means these castles are now very breachable so plan accordingly. During Playtesting the scene had a nasty Cart placed too close to the  defender´s gathering point, making some of them stuck in a No AI MESH area. Decided to eliminate the offending  cart, it works much better now. Bear in mind that although you will get some defenders in this scene climbing down the stairs to gather OUTSIDE the fort, this is part of the defender spawn mechanic that mixes infantry  with archers near the wall gap. It´can´t be avoided, so consider them a bunch of overbearing zealots that want to die stopping the Ram of Doom that will now break away the doors of their safety ... in my case I consider  those guys are just drunk and don´t know what they are doing XD

-Thanks to Kaggrim from the Brytenwalda Forums I have added sheep now as an object in the item_kinds1.txt, for  future use/updates , also planted 2 of them  in the "Your Lair" Scene in the Goat Pen to show them to the world if you curious.

-Altered the Personal Camp scene a bit, moving the Cart so it actually touches the ground plus seeding some grass/bushes and replacing the tent texture with a more dark/rustle/stain infused one.

-Mynyw and Abbercurnig Monasteries battle scene spawning location changed, even though I believe monks back in the day were pious and church raiders actually ruthless men, I dont believe any of them were Aquamen willing to fight underwater battles without breathing equipment, so no more Waterworld underwater scenes.

-Fixed missing map_icons_b.dds texture assigned to My Lair fort Map icon, replaced with map_icons_brujo.dds, My Lair Map icon should now show properly

To Do List:

- Archer Athletic skills are too disaggregated between Tiers, unify Athletic Escalation (Kraggrim/Rarilmar lookup)

-Spy should have mounted tag (but no mount) to make it as fast within a warband as it is alone

- Cursory Glance at integrity of sound files for bow/crossbow
Error here
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_medium
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_far
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_bullet_hit_body
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_player_hit_by_bullet
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_escape
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_launch
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_dives_into_water
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_troop_upgrades_button_clicked
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_character_screen_requested

- Some Battle/Town scenes have Invisible Walls , need to strike them down with the fury of the Old Gods!

-Armor price rebalance: Linen Coats vs Rawhide/Warrior tunics/coats

-Change overland map trees that still show pines.

-Find replacement for destructible objects in the scene props.

-Some cloaks have low level or missing textures in their lods.

-Tent Collision mesh camp scene is broken/off.

-My lair missing roof in an unfinished barn

-My Lair spikes laking lods

-Flatten battlefield scenes, they are too hilly.

-STEAM VERSION: (Misplaced Arrow Update) Due to Steam Workshop issues not recognizing .tga files , forced to change the Fire Arrow texture within archosyflechas.brf. Reconverted fire arrow texture from a .tga file to a .dds for easier integration. It was the only texture the game was calling for in .tga format. This will go live next update to regular non-steam versions too for further consolidation of the textures folder. No more .tga files should exist within the texture folder anymore.

-Move  Village id: Pen Rhionydd slightly to the mainland as it is landlocked and probably a "The Hills Have Eyes" setting in the making as the poor villagers will turn to cannibalism and inbreeding to perpetuate their existence and begin worshiping the Outer Gods of Madness and sacrifice the poor souls that somehow manage to go in there. Nasty stuff ...

-Make some bandit lair scene props less prone to player abuse  :mrgreen:

-Some loricas have leg clip issues:  ragged_armour_b c and d in variosadd.brf

-Hunt down some npc conversations that have some broken English on them, need outside help by native English speakers to point them out for me, I fixed the Mystic merchant because he was a quite common dialogue to see, but others I might have missed need to be brought to my attention.

-Some scenes might still have odd/wrongly placed flora, need more reports to strike down the last offending ones.

-Troop Formation Memorization issues, someone code savvy could perhaps help me here, since I´m at a loss in the code department.

-Make haircuts less clippy, several of them have this issue, mostly male ones.

-Fix some clipping cloaks. (red cloak being the worst offender atm)

-X <---- Stuff people need to tell me to fix , so please kindly report any issues to keep updating the to-do list

Forum Signatures if you want to support the mod! :grin:

uZKwTPT.jpg

dL0BsFG.png

UJ1fNKn.png

12WHrcR.png

6Dc0yWV.png

kraggrim said:
Sounds great man, I hope you get a positive response.

Did you add in the unused pictish naked bodies?

Yep, on females, all men seem to use a unique body type in woad looking paints, to add flavor to men, I added 3 more cloaked bodies to their repertoire btw. I know Picts fought nekkid, but they had to travel some distances and I think at least some of them wore cloaks  :grin:

Never known them to turn it down, will likely link it in the stickies above too. Just likely busy with getting the Viking Conquest DLC out.

Like that this includes all the fixes one needs in a single package, may I suggest a full standalone version be added to mod db, for some reason the Nexus is super slow for me. I got 4.0, then 4.1 then Graphics Pack, & then your mod files. I'd like to have a complete version however for re-installs.

With the complete 4.1 version on mod db I get the invisible shields bug, so I opted to go this route to be on the safe side to make sure there is no issues...

This is cool.  Thank you for your work.  I like how you incorporated some of the existing mods into your re-polish effort.  I also liked the explanations you gave for your changes and the logic you applied.  They seem to make good sense. 

I can't wait to try it but that means I will probably have to start a new game.

Redleg said:
This is cool.  Thank you for your work.  I like how you incorporated some of the existing mods into your re-polish effort.  I also liked the explanations you gave for your changes and the logic you applied.  They seem to make good sense. 

I can't wait to try it but that means I will probably have to start a new game.

You can always export your current character, keeping money, skills , levels and xp, same with your companions too, you just would have to find them all again. A minor inconvenience at most, and then import. Also glad you like this work, I love seeing people enjoy the wonderful world of Brytenwalda  :grin: , so big kudos as usual to the Main Devs as usual!

I like this! For some reason though, a prisoner in Salinae gives me 10scilings now instead of 100. Has this always been the case and how could I change it back? Thx!

Prythax said:
I like this! For some reason though, a prisoner in Salinae gives me 10scilings now instead of 100. Has this always been the case and how could I change it back? Thx!

As far as I remember it has always been 10 per prisoner, not 100, were you using other modifications? Odd.

Brujoloco said:
Prythax said:

As far as I remember it has always been 10 per prisoner, not 100, were you using other modifications? Odd.

I used Fire_And_Blood's expanded lair mod.

Prythax said:
Brujoloco said:
Prythax said:

I used Fire_And_Blood's expanded lair mod.

Dont have much experience with that particular mod, and from the look of it he seems to have tweaked several values (since he practically has replacements for most if not all of the root folder .txt´s) which I believe might not be fully compatible with several of the changes included here. From his changelog he doesn´t seem to have altered the salinae output though and I don´t know if he worked with TML´s values as a base or Vanilla Brytenwalda´s, further complicating issues on compatibility.

Unless you know how to merge the two mods together there is not much help I can provide to you sadly.

Problem with modding is that they are usually, specially when altering some mechanics/items, practically incompatible with each other and mutually exclusive out of the box.

Thanks for your support though, and I hope you can reach a middle ground ... You can always have two Brytenwalda installs btw! :grin:

I have a vanilla one, one modded with my latest mod and a beta of sorts I am always tweaking trying new things, your only limits is your HD space  :mrgreen:

Actually, for testing purposes, I did change how much scillingas the prisoners working at Salinae give, but forgot to change it back. It wasn't supposed to be 100/prisoner :wink:

Fire_and_Blood said:
Actually, for testing purposes, I did change how much scillingas the prisoners working at Salinae give, but forgot to change it back. It wasn't supposed to be 100/prisoner :wink:

Ahhhh! hahaha, thanks for solving the mystery!, you have a "bugfix" incoming there then  :mrgreen:

i guess someone won´t be happy to hear their slaves are not so precious anymore  :twisted:

Defnitely considering this as my new standard version of Brytenwalda now!

Only things I have in mind are:
1. If there's something to do to remove the cattle abuse, as in buying cattle, slaughtering it and selling the hides and meat.
2. Are the horse shops supposed to be flooded with donkeys and mules wherever you go? :grin:

Quidam said:
Hi there!

I sadly can't chose the nice pictish banner. Is that a choice, and pictish banner are reserved to PNJ?

By the way, great work! :grin:

The new pictish banners are in the Extras folder, in their own subfolder, have to replace it, as in copy and then overwrite, remember to back up the original folder filer in case you want to revert to the original ones. There´s a readme that explains how  :smile:

Siggorillo said:
Defnitely considering this as my new standard version of Brytenwalda now!

Only things I have in mind are:
1. If there's something to do to remove the cattle abuse, as in buying cattle, slaughtering it and selling the hides and meat.
2. Are the horse shops supposed to be flooded with donkeys and mules wherever you go? :grin:

TML changed horse merchant availability from 5 slots to 10, so in probability, there´s now more chances for donkeys than horses to appear, simple statistic  :grin:

If you don´t want to cheese through the game buying cows then slaughtering and reselling them for profit, you can always choose not to do it, you can cheese faster by having say 20k scillingas, export char, buy expensive stuff, import char and be back at 20k scillingas , so see what I mean? faster and less clicky !

I can not touch hide price, as it would invalidate say hunting as a proffesion for example, which I enjoy during early playthroughs. I also tried to leave most prices close to original Brytenwalda as honestly I was aiming for a bit of smoothing rough edges and not truly alter the original feeling in any meaningful way, and I even tried to tone down some of TML´s armor changes to make more sense in regards to the original spirit of the game.

Only things I truly changed were spears (which were plain bad due to AI uses) and left the changes TML did to swords and axes (plus his awesome bugfixes). Economy is practically the same. I could perhaps alter horses, clothing item  prices and other things that many other mods do, but then again it would not be Brytenwalda for me. Hope you can understand that, and are welcome to disagree.

As a middle ground solution you could literally nerf hide prices by half, making cow slaughter cheesing not as profitable and I would be glad to give you an item_kinds1.txt with hides nerfed like that if you like? would take me 2 minutes at most  :grin:

Here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6x2dux43lddqdd0/nerfedhidesBR102.zip?dl=0 (1.02 updated)

Tell me how it works, hope this can be a middle ground hehe

Back
Top Bottom