Brytenwalda Repolished 1.05 (updated July 15/2015)

Users who are viewing this thread

I"m on alot now because I'm about to post a new submod patch.
Yes, the greek horse is unique. And I forgot the byzantine arrows.
About 80% of the elite items in cheat menu you will never see in-game.
That's why there's a need for special merchants to sell the stuff to the player.
Yes, those don't come with modifiers.
Only the merchant items get modifiers currently because that script is used only locally.
It's not hard to add modifiers, but not traditionally done.
In Repolished, Bruj started to give the bandits some of the special bows so you can find them.

Still, some bows and axes might be a good idea. From what I've seen so far in BW, it pushes player into spear+sword+shield combo too much. Some incentive for different builds might be good...

Hand axes and two-hand axes are overpowered in the traditional mod so I don't quite understand your question.
A small group of two handers who charge into battle after the initial group starts the fight can mod down the other side.
Spears are somewhat pointless except for the excellent skirm cavs in game.

Axes aren't that easy to find quality-wise but they are faster and more lethal than real life.
I've toned that down some in Reworked and brought some life back to spear use through several means.
The traditional combat weapons of the age was spear, shield and seaxe/hatchet.

BW Reworked is a modders mod. If you want to change axes in any way, you simply type "axe" into morgh's and you get all the axes.
BW has everything named after something else plus a large mix of noswing weapons. You type axe and you get a mix of swords, axes, shirts and a bunch of noswing items. You type jacket and you get a hat. Try tracking down a mail suit you like? Very hard as their named after many things that have nothing to do with armor.

gdwitt said:
Hand axes and two-hand axes are overpowered in the traditional mod so I don't quite understand your question.
A small group of two handers who charge into battle after the initial group starts the fight can mod down the other side.
Spears are somewhat pointless except for the excellent skirm cavs in game.

Axes aren't that easy to find quality-wise but they are faster and more lethal than real life.
I've toned that down some in Reworked and brought some life back to spear use through several means.
The traditional combat weapons of the age was spear, shield and seaxe/hatchet.

BW Reworked is a modders mod. If you want to change axes in any way, you simply type "axe" into morgh's and you get all the axes.
BW has everything named after something else plus a large mix of noswing weapons. You type axe and you get a mix of swords, axes, shirts and a bunch of noswing items. You type jacket and you get a hat. Try tracking down a mail suit you like? Very hard as their named after many things that have nothing to do with armor.

Were you successful with integrating the two direction spear strike code?

Yes, I thought it was widely known that BW Reworked now has both an underhand and overhead spear animation.
I had to figure out my own method because the published method from 2012 required that the attack and swing damage be the same.
I first tried the one hand animation from Antonis' Fires of War.
However, the overhand barely did damage and rarely made contact.
I then spent about a week playing with different animations.txt setups.
The only downside is that I can't turn it off when an agent has a shield.
It doesn't work well when a player is attacking downhill, but a new animation could fix that.
It's primary use is close combat when an underhand spear would not even move.
The agent grasps the front of the spear with the left hand and pushes down over the enemy shield like driving a stake.
It's not as powerful as the underhand strike and needs a fix to the impact sound.

Good to hear.  I just got the 2-strike spear animation to work in my mod.  I can't tell how effective it is yet, but I do see the troops using both underhand and overhand strikes.  How were you able to tell how much damage was done by each type of strike?

Huh. I just noticed that trainer is listed as party skill. Does it really work that way? In vanilla, I gave every companion at least 4-5 points in trainer so they help in raising army, will it work in BW too?

Trainer works just fine.
However, your companions need to be ABOVE the skill level of the troops.
It's wise to avoid that skill until you are at level 15 as most recruits are level 15 or higher.
The best method early is to get high surgery and don't go into battle half dead.
You can change a setting in module.ini to or Tweakmb to get more experience from combat for troops.
This is already set in BW reworked.
Fight survive level up quick for all three brother mods.

hi i have a question. Recently i felt that i have to return to Brytenwalda but now there is  3 different Brytenwalda versions. My interests are only in old  version and this  repolished. What can you tell me about  differences?
For example is  repolished  version same  as  old one but with new  equipment? Or is  there more  like new  or improoved mechanis, new dialogues, missions, places  to see, improoved  diplomacy etc? Are there  things  in old version that  arent in repolished?
And one last specific question... Is  the naval battle any different in repolished  than in old one? Im asking cuz i remember  that  there  were problems in naval battles in old brytenwalda. 

Sylfa said:
hi i have a question. Recently i felt that i have to return to Brytenwalda but now there is  3 different Brytenwalda versions. My interests are only in old  version and this  repolished. What can you tell me about  differences?
For example is  repolished  version same  as  old one but with new  equipment? Or is  there more  like new  or improoved mechanis, new dialogues, missions, places  to see, improoved  diplomacy etc? Are there  things  in old version that  arent in repolished?
And one last specific question... Is  the naval battle any different in repolished  than in old one? Im asking cuz i remember  that  there  were problems in naval battles in old brytenwalda.

I think repolished is mainly graphics related and some fixes for some of the trees and village scenes.  I think the also made some changes to bandits, etc.  Re-worked incorporates many of these changes and also changes some of the scripts and mechanics.  There should be some detailed descriptions of each submod.

It's a time sequence.
Repolished was a mad dash of graphical fixes from late 2014.
He also did extensive customization of the troops and party templates to make them fit a certain historical style.
It is more stable than reworked and is essentially the same as 141 underneath.
But that means it contains all the unhappy features of BW 141.

In March 2015, after waiting 3 months for the moderator to reappear, I decided to start fixing things for the rest of players.
I included nearly all the changes from Repolished and just focused on improving one scripting feature at a time.
There have now been about 40 releases, nearly all savegame compatible.
Go to the mod page to understand what I did.
The big advantage is that you can ask questions or ask for minor improvements and I can fix some of them.
I can answer questions with great precision because I have the scripts at my fingertips.
The mechanics, dialogs, quests and scripts are much improved.
However, there are annoying bugs that appear everytime I improve it.
Right now it has a 3 hour lag every 24 hours of gameplay that I am working on.
But if you have a request, I can include it right away.
The troops and party templates more closely match BW 141 right now.

Since this is on the Repolished forum, I will restates its superior aspects: more stable plus more realistic and gritty in terms of the rewards system.
It truly matches what BW was like back in 2012 and 2013.
But if you just want to enjoy yourself and only have a little spare time, there might be a better option.

What you mean by saying that there might be a better option? Is ther  other  and better version of  BW than repolished?
Well even if  i  wont have time, still i prefer playing  harder and  by this more rewarding game  even if  i wont be able  to finish it  fast, than  something that gives easy win :razz:

The battles are the same.
Reworked gives you more experience and loot for each battle.
Also, the rewards for successful quests are about 3-4 times larger.
Repolished is more realistic: It takes about 190 game days to first establish a kingdom that can survive over 14 days.
It takes only 100 in Reworked.

Sorry i didnt even know what we talk about :razz: My question was  about differences  between  repolished  and  Brytenwalda 1.41 and you now  use  word "revowked" so is it  a figure  of  speach  or  is  there  another  version cuz im  lost now, sorry...

Brytenwalda "Reworked" is the submod that myself and a number of other players have been working on in 2015.
It is the third top-listed mod.
Repolished and 141 are older mods.
Like we said, they are very similar.
Look in the post above to see the differences.

gdwitt said:
Brytenwalda "Reworked" is the submod that myself and a number of other players have been working on in 2015.
It is the third top-listed mod.
Repolished and 141 are older mods.
Like we said, they are very similar.
Look in the post above to see the differences.

Ok i  want to try this new  version called reworked so could you  tell me  exact name  of the file  to download at nexus? There  are so many  with names  like combined patch c for  v2.1 or  path a  or  standalone  etc... Im brutally confused!
Thx  for help in advance :smile:

There are many battle scenes that are broken. Many times one or more  units  of enemy army end  behind  the  border of the battle scene so there is no  way  to  get to them so essentially to win battle. Many times  they  run away with the speed of  the light  so its impossible to  catch them. Also there are many places on the  map where you shouldnt  have problems  while mounted  but  still your  horse can be stopped  in a  place  without a  reason. For example im galloping and then suddenly i get  stopped by  invisible wall or something...

Back
Top Bottom