SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

viperswhip said:
I am sure Cozur wants to spend time writing a complex financial algorithm to fix something that ultimately its up to the players whether they want to exploit or not. I have gone to basically end game with industries, strategic placement of lords (for patrolling caravan routes), and occasionally wiping pirates from the sea. I did this because well, I kind of forgot about investing in the IB, I just bought all the land there and waited till that started making rent money.

So you don't have to take advantage of this amazing financial opportunity, just like you never take advantage of all the ones that show up online heh

A deposed Braavosi sea lord just needs your account information so he can hid his wealth temporarily.

I agree. IF people feel it is that game-breaking then just like the cheat menu, chose not to use it. There are so many ways people play this game which others could considering 'cheating' that these things really are subjective. EG: If the enemy lord holds his position and you find a nice hill or ridge to position your men on, do you ride forward and kill one of their guys so they charge into you? Not realistic they would do this yet I bet most players employ it. Some might considering it cheating so  again.... just use self-control and enjoy the game how you want.

I just attacked Flint's Finger and some enemies glitched inside the wall making it unwinable.

uBprEQ2.jpg

They are underneath the floor below where camera is pointing.  I am not sure if it is a mod or vanilla glitch.

Arcon said:
viperswhip said:
I am sure Cozur wants to spend time writing a complex financial algorithm to fix something that ultimately its up to the players whether they want to exploit or not. I have gone to basically end game with industries, strategic placement of lords (for patrolling caravan routes), and occasionally wiping pirates from the sea. I did this because well, I kind of forgot about investing in the IB, I just bought all the land there and waited till that started making rent money.

So you don't have to take advantage of this amazing financial opportunity, just like you never take advantage of all the ones that show up online heh

A deposed Braavosi sea lord just needs your account information so he can hid his wealth temporarily.

I agree. IF people feel it is that game-breaking then just like the cheat menu, chose not to use it. There are so many ways people play this game which others could considering 'cheating' that these things really are subjective. EG: If the enemy lord holds his position and you find a nice hill or ridge to position your men on, do you ride forward and kill one of their guys so they charge into you? Not realistic they would do this yet I bet most players employ it. Some might considering it cheating so  again.... just use self-control and enjoy the game how you want.

I just got tempted and had to give a solution to the players who do care.

I use the Bank of Braavos at start, I deposit about 5.000 earned from looting pirates and bandits in Essos and then I go back to Westeros. After some time I pick up the money and I can finance 4-5 industrial operations with it. Then I leave the Bank of Braavos for what it is.

As fun as talking about the Iron Bank is, can we talk about whether or not the Unsullied trainer is worth the money?

Balerion567 said:
You cannot put a cap on the interest rate. It compounds and in the end though it takes longer, you will have the same result. A sick (unrealistic) amount of coins.
You cannot put a cap on the interest itself either because the onlything is that players will obtain once in a while the received interest and the cycle starts all over again. Same story, A sick (unrealistic) amount of coins.
However this is a price you pay if you want to keep the system "open".

Sorry, I don't quite understand why we can't cap the interest. The game-breaking issue we're talking about is the possibly monstrous amount of interest can be gained from the iron bank, like 300.000 a week or something. If we put a cap that interest can't go more than 10.000 a week, wouldn't that solve the problem? Player can still store whatever amount of money they want and get good interest per week.

The interest will be normal until it reaches the determined cap, 10.000 for example. Player who store more than 200.000 in the Iron bank will only get 10.000 per week, making it not game-breaking, and below that it's working as usual.

The best part about this solution is that it's elegant and seems very simple to implement, so it won't burden Cozur as much as making some complex financials rule.

viperswhip said:

I'm fully aware of that it's up to players not to use exploits or not, but I think that's not worth mentioning. It's just bad attitude to leave issues and say, "If you don't want it to break the game then ignore it." Sure it's fair and all, and I actually won't mind it if it's left like that in the end (I love money exploits), but since we're having a discussion we better not play with that attitude.

Arcon said:
I just attacked Flint's Finger and some enemies glitched inside the wall making it unwinable.

Confirmed. I was about to report that. Really frustrated the hell out of me. In the end I used cheat to knock the last two enemies stuck there. It still happens even if you set the battle size to minimum (30).

Symor said:
How do I recruit custom faction troops? Can't find them anywhere?

In 2.1 you can not.

Balerion567 said:
  • Use realistic percentages per duration. e.g. 20% annually (12 weeks), 5% (3 weeks), 1,25% (one week) however to take gameplay and replay into consideration this can be shortened.
  • Add a limit to the deposit and add different levels of taxes to the respective income from the earned interest.
  • Level of taxes for example could be, to give an example with a random number of earned interest of 25.000 coins; First 2.500 coins is free of charge, The second 10.000 coins is taxed for 25% and everything after is taxed for 75%. Amount earned would be 13.125 coins (2.500+(10.000x0.75)+(12.500x0.25)). This "free of charge" value prevents putting constraints on your "poor" starting position while using this system.
  • To know the deposited amount with 25.000 interest. Its 25.000/.20 = 125.000 coins. I used the 20% interest rate

I thought "annually" means "per year"? Or has Mount and Blade different year length?

Sky Warden said:
Balerion567 said:
You cannot ~ the system "open".

Sorry, I don't quite understand why we can't cap the interest. The game-breaking issue we're talking about is the possibly monstrous amount of interest can be gained from the iron bank, like 300.000 a week or something. If we put a cap that interest can't go more than 10.000 a week, wouldn't that solve the problem? Player can still store whatever amount of money they want and get good interest per week.

The interest will be normal until it reaches the determined cap, 10.000 for example. Player who store more than 200.000 in the Iron bank will only get 10.000 per week, making it not game-breaking, and below that it's working as usual.

The best part about this solution is that it's elegant and seems very simple to implement, so it won't burden Cozur as much as making some complex financials rule.

First to clear up somethings. Interest rate is the rate that you will earn over the deposit (20% Interest rate). Interest (received) is the amount you obtain when the due date is reached, are we on the same page here? The idea is valid but you automatically put a limit on the deposit as well since at some point you will not receive financial benefit from it anymore. Then it becomes more of a closed financial service and looks like as one of the industrial options.

My method is not hard to create though. At least if M&B Warband supports the same calculations/formulas as Microsoft Excel. I will upload a picture later to give an example.

@Sergio_Morozov, That is true annually is per year. I already adjusted it to a M&B Warband calender. Since if you do not use the Town/Castle inns to go through the days it takes a lot of in-game hours to reach one year.

Balerion567 said:
The idea is valid but you automatically put a limit on the deposit as well since at some point you will not receive financial benefit from it anymore. Then it becomes more of a closed financial service and looks like as one of the industrial options.

Read this post:

Muglos said:
On the subject of the iron bank:

Perhaps there could be a cap on the interest rate of the iron bank? Perhaps between 250,000-500,000 thousand coins or something around there? It would still yield a decent interest rate, but it would be capped at a certain number. Depositing coins over the cap could still be an option for storing money if you desired but the return would peak.

Sky Warden said:
Balerion567 said:
The idea is valid but you automatically put a limit on the deposit as well since at some point you will not receive financial benefit from it anymore. Then it becomes more of a closed financial service and looks like as one of the industrial options.

Read this post:

Muglos said:
On the subject of the iron bank:

Perhaps there could be a cap on the interest rate of the iron bank? Perhaps between 250,000-500,000 thousand coins or something around there? It would still yield a decent interest rate, but it would be capped at a certain number. Depositing coins over the cap could still be an option for storing money if you desired but the return would peak.

That is where the misstake is made. In this case (A Clash of Kings) the interest Rate is the 20%. With the interest rate the amount to be received is calculated, called earned interest (interest received over the deposit). With an interest cap on 250.000 you need a deposit of 1.250.000 coins (as 1.250.000 multiplied by 20% (0.20) makes 250.000). The deposit is the amount you invest, over the investment you will earn interest. The interest you earn is determined by the interest rate offered by the Bank of Braavos (financial institution). In the case of ACOK if you do not take out the money (deposit and earned interest) it will compound. e.g. first period 1.250.000 x 1.20 = 1.500.000. Second period 1.500.000 x 1.20 = 1.800.000. And up

So From deposit point of view. If you cap received interest at 250.000 for example. You know by dividing 250.000 by 0.20 (the interest rate) that your maximum is 1.250.000 every number higher will not increase your return on investment.

That is why I asked if we are on the same page here. This can be confusing though as sometimes Rate of Return is referred to interest rate and Interest Rate then refers to the sum received but in this case of ACOK it is as I explained.

I have also added some screenshots to my previous post!

Hey, I am playing ACKOK 2.0, and I have 2 questions:

1) I dont know why, but ALL towns and villages lowered my relationship with them by -5 (thats really annoying, now I have to to improve it everywhere, i cant even recruit units from villages with -5 relations)

2) I cant move my court! I tried it doing through my wife, and throug button in town menu, it just doesnt change, my wife says "I will move your residentional soon" It takes Velvet and Tools from the storage, then nothing happens, tried it already like 5 times!

Sorry if its hard to read, I am russian, I hope someone can help me!

RazerFeed said:
Hey, I am playing ACKOK 2.0, and I have 2 questions:

1) I dont know why, but ALL towns and villages lowered my relationship with them by -5 (thats really annoying, now I have to to improve it everywhere, i cant even recruit units from villages with -5 relations)

2) I cant move my court! I tried it doing through my wife, and throug button in town menu, it just doesnt change, my wife says "I will move your residentional soon" It takes Velvet and Tools from the storage, then nothing happens, tried it already like 5 times!

Sorry if its hard to read, I am russian, I hope someone can help me!

1) Did you set taxes to high, or altered domestic policies?

2) Move court via town menu worked fine for me. As for the wife, seems like she moves your home, but not your court. So I'd assume she would move to new home, but court and minister stay where they were. And my wife is always my minister, so she stays for me.

Hey, I have noticed in my playthrough of 2.1 that a LOT of people are naked, or shirtless.

Many of the ransom brokers, the guy who helps you in the ninestar's quest, a companion or two, and pentoshi spearmen (was this intended?). I have had to just imagine that the summer has been pretty brutally hot, and winter isn't coming anytime soon  :lol:

Also, any reason why 90% of the people in tourneys have those ugly bowlcuts and no helmets? It's made tourneys a joke almost, as I just one shot headshot them with my bow.

P.S. If you think the Iron bank is OP, then don't use it.... Just my 2 cents

Doom_Carrot said:
Hey, I have noticed in my playthrough of 2.1 that a LOT of people are naked, or shirtless.

Many of the ransom brokers, the guy who helps you in the ninestar's quest, a companion or two, and pentoshi spearmen (was this intended?). I have had to just imagine that the summer has been pretty brutally hot, and winter isn't coming anytime soon  :lol:

Also, any reason why 90% of the people in tourneys have those ugly bowlcuts and no helmets? It's made tourneys a joke almost, as I just one shot headshot them with my bow.

P.S. If you think the Iron bank is OP, then don't use it.... Just my 2 cents

Any particular reason you didn't install the patch?

Cozur said:

Hi Cozur, thanks for all the hard work you've put in on this Mod, it has added a few hundred hours of gameplay to Warband for me.

I get a bug (2.1) where after the end of naval combat instead of ending, I keep seeing a message 'Reinforcements have arrived.' over and over. I hit tab long after last enemy is dead and it asks if I want to retreat. I minimized the game for 10 minutes and came back it was finally telling me to hit Tab to end the battle. I am not sure how to avoid this but do you know of any way to fix this? I had over 1k combined troops vs enemy's 150ish with battlesizer 300.

Cozur said:

I did install the patch with the 2.1 update. I extracted the patch file, and put the contents of it into the mod folder, minus the item_kinds_1 or whatever, because I heard that it is broken or something. I installed the patch before making my character.

Did I install it right? Or is this related to not putting in the item_kinds_1 file? Does it not break the game?

Doom_Carrot said:
I did install the patch with the 2.1 update. I extracted the patch file, and put the contents of it into the mod folder, minus the item_kinds_1 or whatever, because I heard that it is broken or something.

Hmm, I am using 2.1 along with items_kinds1 and do not have these problems. I bet that is your problem right there.

Back
Top Bottom