SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Sergio_Morozov said:
After having to withdraw 23.000.000 silver coins from my Iron Bank account I should disagree with the statement that the Iron Bank is OK.

However, I do not think it is the rate that is the problem. Rather it is that (a) the rate is compound and (b) there is no maximum deposit limit.

That I can agree with. In the end, no matter how low the interest rate is, as long as you can deposit whatever amount of money the result will be the same. Giving a maximum deposit limit sounds like an elegant solution to me.

David_the_angel said:
I think that a lower interest rate would slow the process enough to not leave enterprises obsolete.

The enterprises suck because both Westeros and Essos is filled with war and bandits. I'd rather see Cozur do something about it instead of nerving the Iron Bank. Increasing caravan party size might help a little bit.

Sky Warden said:
Sergio_Morozov said:
After having to withdraw 23.000.000 silver coins from my Iron Bank account I should disagree with the statement that the Iron Bank is OK.

However, I do not think it is the rate that is the problem. Rather it is that (a) the rate is compound and (b) there is no maximum deposit limit.

That I can agree with. In the end, no matter how low the interest rate is, as long as you can deposit whatever amount of money the result will be the same. Giving a maximum deposit limit sounds like an elegant solution to me.

David_the_angel said:
I think that a lower interest rate would slow the process enough to not leave enterprises obsolete.

The enterprises suck because both Westeros and Essos is filled with war and bandits. I'd rather see Cozur do something about it instead of nerving the Iron Bank. Increasing caravan party size might help a little bit.

If you find the right towns you can earn alot of money on enterprises. Try the dyeworks in the reach, they will usually yield 1000-3000.

Sky Warden said:
Sergio_Morozov said:

David_the_angel said:

Enterprises don't suck at all, you just have to find the right enterprise for every town, Dyeworks in Duskendale give me 4000 every week..

As for the bandits and trade you're 100% right, Caravan sizes must be increased a little bit because towns do tend to get very poor even when they're not being captured..

David_the_angel said:
If you find the right towns you can earn alot of money on enterprises. Try the dyeworks in the reach, they will usually yield 1000-3000.

There you have it. The Iron Bank doesn't make enterprises obsolete. They're still there, running, and good.

Sky Warden said:
David_the_angel said:

There you have it. The Iron Bank doesn't make enterprises obsolete. They're still there, running, and good.

Until you've saved up some hundredthousands in your bank account and never have to worry about your economy again, thus making enterprises obsolete. Try it yourself and you will see how gamebreaking this is.

David_the_angel said:
Sky Warden said:
David_the_angel said:

Until you've saved up some hundredthousands in your bank account and never have to worry about your economy again, thus making enterprises obsolete. Try it yourself and you will see how gamebreaking this is.

But that's how it works irl

Will there be a possibility of making a House or creating a custom unit ( Prefferably Knight, bannerman or w/ve )

viperswhip said:
David_the_angel said:
Sky Warden said:
David_the_angel said:

But that's how it works irl
Yes absolutely! It still removes the whole endgame economy puzzle that otherwise can be quite tricky and an effective way in stopping the player from steamrolling once their kingdom gets bigger. The thing with enterprises is that even though you can make alot of money you still have to supervise them so you don't  flood the market with one product. With the iron bank you just sit and watch your wealth grow.

David_the_angel said:
Yes absolutely! It still removes the whole endgame economy puzzle that otherwise can be quite tricky and an effective way in stopping the player from steamrolling once their kingdom gets bigger. The thing with enterprises is that even though you can make alot of money you still have to supervise them so you don't  flood the market with one product. With the iron bank you just sit and watch your wealth grow.

We already discussed a solution for it. Giving a deposit limit on like 200k or whatever. The enterprise is fine. The Iron Bank interest rate is fine. Now we just need to hope that Cozur reads it, agrees with it, and implements it.

I don't know how it works in 2.1 but, in 2.0 I remember I got 7999 gold from dyeworks in Kayce. I don't know why but in each one of my games either Lannisport, King's Landing or Kayce yields a lot of gold.

Daynad said:
Will there be a possibility of making a House or creating a custom unit ( Prefferably Knight, bannerman or w/ve )

That would be very cool if implemented here. I played Prophesy of Pendor mod and they had a pretty detailed custom troop line you could train/buy although the code might have just been lifted from another mod. At anyrate, it was really cool and would fit in here quite well IMO.

On the subject of the iron bank:

Perhaps there could be a cap on the interest rate of the iron bank? Perhaps between 250,000-500,000 thousand coins or something around there? It would still yield a decent interest rate, but it would be capped at a certain number. Depositing coins over the cap could still be an option for storing money if you desired but the return would peak.

What if your relations with Braavos, weather if it's the actual town, faction or leader, determined how good or bad your interest rate was at the bank?  If experience has taught me anything, bankers really start to kiss your behind the more you have invested with them so I have no idea how this would be implemented. Maybe the more money you have with them, the better the interest rate?  That could make things interesting. Just a thought.

Muglos said:
Perhaps there could be a cap on the interest rate of the iron bank? Perhaps between 250,000-500,000 thousand coins or something around there? It would still yield a decent interest rate, but it would be capped at a certain number. Depositing coins over the cap could still be an option in storing money if you desired but the return would peak.

Oh, that's actually a really good idea. Put the cap on the interest instead of the deposit. I like that.

Anyone know if you can marry into a king's family if you're a king yourself? My kingdom has been getting pretty wide, covering the whole Stromland, Crownland, Riverland and half of the Iron Islands.

I was doing my business in Bravos and talked to the Sea Lord (99 relation) and jokingly clicked the cement families option thing, and he said that I've been making waves since I arrived and that he might consider it, but unfortunately he doesn't have anyone to wed, which is true since he has no family. Does that mean it's possible to marry someone from a royal family? If so, what happens to both kingdoms? I'd like to find out, but the only faction leader with family I know is Balon Greyjoy and I'm at war with him. Poor relation too.

Sky Warden said:
Muglos said:
Perhaps there could be a cap on the interest rate of the iron bank? Perhaps between 250,000-500,000 thousand coins or something around there? It would still yield a decent interest rate, but it would be capped at a certain number. Depositing coins over the cap could still be an option in storing money if you desired but the return would peak.

Oh, that's actually a really good idea. Put the cap on the interest instead of the deposit. I like that.

You cannot put a cap on the interest rate. It compounds and in the end though it takes longer, you will have the same result. A sick (unrealistic) amount of coins.
You cannot put a cap on the interest itself either because the onlything is that players will obtain once in a while the received interest and the cycle starts all over again. Same story, A sick (unrealistic) amount of coins.
However this is a price you pay if you want to keep the system "open".

The best method would be to adjust the 20% rate of return to the respective duration of the deposit. 20% for two weeks is both unrealistic as like described develops late game an odd advantage. The system should be revised entirely. Based on my experience with other modifications. I assume that there is some movement in developing of a financial system

• Use realistic percentages per duration. e.g. 20% annually (12 weeks), 5% (3 weeks), 1,25% (one week) however to take gameplay and replay into consideration this can be shortened.
  • Add a limit to the deposit and add different levels of taxes to the respective income from the earned interest.
  • Level of taxes for example could be, to give an example with a random number of earned interest of 25.000 coins; First 2.500 coins is free of charge, The second 10.000 coins is taxed for 25% and everything after is taxed for 75%. Amount earned would be 13.125 coins (2.500+(10.000x0.75)+(12.500x0.25)). This "free of charge" value prevents putting constraints on your "poor" starting position while using this system.
  • To know the deposited amount with 25.000 interest. Its 25.000/.20 = 125.000 coins. I used the 20% interest rate

More examples

• Deposit of 500.000 coins with interest rate of 20%. Interest received is 100.000 coins and after tax income is 31.875 (2.500 + (10.000x0.75) + (87.500x0.25))
  • Deposit of 1.000.000 coins with interest rate of 20%. Interest received is 200.000 coins and after tax income is 56.875 (2.500 + (10.000x0.75) + (187.500x0.25)

The received interest can be put on a different account or added up to the deposit. The problem is then if the deposit limit is reached the received interest will get lost in the void so either the interest should then go and add up the cash balance as it does not earn coins anymore or stockpiled on a different stockpile of coins.

I am sure Cozur wants to spend time writing a complex financial algorithm to fix something that ultimately its up to the players whether they want to exploit or not. I have gone to basically end game with industries, strategic placement of lords (for patrolling caravan routes), and occasionally wiping pirates from the sea. I did this because well, I kind of forgot about investing in the IB, I just bought all the land there and waited till that started making rent money.

So you don't have to take advantage of this amazing financial opportunity, just like you never take advantage of all the ones that show up online heh

A deposed Braavosi sea lord just needs your account information so he can hid his wealth temporarily.

Back
Top Bottom