SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

BloodForBlood said:
If anyone is as interested as I was in roleplaying a taller or smaller character, here's how you can do it. Only works on ACoK or any module that has differing npc sizes.
First I'd like to thank Kraggrim, who, over at Viking Conquest forums worked out a way to do it there and later in other modules.
All one has to do is download the save-game editor and do the following (quoted from Kraggrim and modified to fit the values of ACoK):
Import your save and open the 'troops' section (should be near the bottom), the player character should be at the very top of the list. Open the player troop and find the 'flags' entry, then replace whatever's there with one of these numbers:

36700178 - Dwarf (Tyrion Lannister)
20 - Tall (Tywin Lannister)
22 - Huge (Gregor Clegane)

Export the save, and that should be it.
Now, there's a couple things that aren't clear to me. Firstly, everything works fine with the player character, but when I tried to make a couple of my companions taller, they started acting like females (standing in a feminine pose and crossing arms on occasion, when idle in a tavern).
Secondly, I have no idea of how to make the above work in a module that doesn't already include differing npc sizes, for one has to use one of already existing values to make it work for the player character. I suppose it's logical to think that it'd be enough to make one npc taller through editing, then using his flag value for the player character, but I have no idea how. If anyone could point that out for me, I'd be very grateful.
Once again, full credit goes to Kraggrim.

Hmm, something seems off here, I'll download  2.0 and take a wee look.

erennuman_mb said:
When was the free folk added and how do we find them?

Not sure the patch 1.5 maybe? In any case, do the quests Shadows in the Night or whatever, starts in White Harbour, and has you fight some Wights (just autobattle lol, it's very hard), this will lead to the Night's Watch quest, follow that to the illogical end, et voila.

Kathic said:
Any idea where? It kinda ruins my play through if factions I defeat can just be revived.

In the camp menu you go to mod options. I don't remember the exact wording for the option, but it's something like "lords returning from exile." I don't know if it works for sure, I leave it on because I love crushing the treasonous scum.

Quick update.

Going on vacation, so away for a while.

I've been working on making the faction troops more varied lately (especially the Free Cities). God-damned hard when you have 23 factions.

I've also added a lot of War Lances. With flags. That blow in the wind. Courtesy of La Grandmaster.

Cozur said:
Quick update.

I've been working on making the faction troops more varied lately (especially the Free Cities). God-damned hard when you have 23 factions.

I've also added a lot of War Lances. With flags. That blow in the wind. Courtesy of La Grandmaster.

My hero..

Hey guys, I have a serious problem here. I've been playing A Clash of Kings mod for a long time and yesterday I activated the cheatmenu for the first time just to see what's gonna happen. I was at White Harbor and there was "Sail from port" option, I clicked on it and set sail. I used the teleportation cheat and I think I clicked directly on a castle by mistake. A couple of options appeared on my screen saying "If you land there you might get stuck between the rocks, land and send the ship, manage the crew etc". I didn't take the "getting stuck" part seriously, I thought I could teleport anyway. But I disappeared from map and can't see my troops anywhere. I can't teleport to anywhere, can't go anywhere and when I click on somewhere on the world map the screen moves but there is no moving troops to there.

I'd really appreciate it if you helped me with this because I don't wanna lose all the progress I made on the very day I became the king of my own faction.

Grynyth said:
Hey guys, I have a serious problem here. I've been playing A Clash of Kings mod for a long time and yesterday I activated the cheatmenu for the first time just to see what's gonna happen. I was at White Harbor and there was "Sail from port" option, I clicked on it and set sail. I used the teleportation cheat and I think I clicked directly on a castle by mistake. A couple of options appeared on my screen saying "If you land there you might get stuck between the rocks, land and send the ship, manage the crew etc". I didn't take the "getting stuck" part seriously, I thought I could teleport anyway. But I disappeared from map and can't see my troops anywhere. I can't teleport to anywhere, can't go anywhere and when I click on somewhere on the world map the screen moves but there is no moving troops to there.

I'd really appreciate it if you helped me with this because I don't wanna lose all the progress I made on the very day I became the king of my own faction.

You didn't save the game before you activated the cheat menu? Maybe someone will help you, but you aren't going to get a lot of sympathy lol

Cozur said:
Quick update.

Sounds amazing and hope you have a great vacation!

Will the war lances with flags be used for both infantry and cavalry? or will the Infantry get their own unique flag? This is going to be a great addition to mod and I would love to see a standard bearer for both infantry and cavalry. 

tumblr_nctk36Acdz1s6bxzqo1_500.gif

That is also great news about the troop revamp, it would be nice to see a little bit of a tweak to the Northern army if that is part of your plan. I think the army would be served a little better lore wise if the base weapon was the pike for the lower tier infantry, since they are based off the armies of Northern England and Scotland. Maybe something like this:

Northern Levy 

Northern Pikemen  ->  Northern Archer  ->  Veteran Northern Archer  ->  Elite Northern Archer  ->  Northern Rangers*

Veteran Northern Pikemen

Elite Northern Pikemen

Northern Serjeant (sword & shield)  ->  Northern Greatswords*

Mounted Northern Serjeant

Mounted Northern Man-at-Arms

I would consider getting rid of the Northern knights and expanding the infantry and archer branch a bit to focus on what this faction's strength is in lore which is their infantry. Pikes if implemented properly is very devastating if they have good supporting troops that hit hard. I would give the pikemen a 10 foot pike that only does thrust attacks and the Northern Greatswords would be the assault infantry armed with two handed great swords. I definitely wouldn't give the Northern Pikemen the late period Austrian awl pike, but that is your call. Awl pikes where rare and mainly used in Southern Germany, just don't think they are a very good choice to represent the default pike for the Northern armies but that is just my opinion. I can understand if you just wanted to stick to the billmen, but I would still consider the Northern Greatswords and the Ranger troop tree addtions.

Northern Greatswords - I think this would be a great choice for a heavy assault troop for the North and goes good with the theme of the North. The North should have some of the best infantry in the game and I think Northern Greatswords would be a fantastic way to project their prowess. The Northern Spearman just seems like a waste of space and is not a very good troop when compared to other armies. I would however consider a unique spearmen unit that has the round Stark shield that can be recruited from Winterfell.

Northern Rangers - Being an infantry strong army they will need better range support and adding a ranger option could be interesting. Longbows are used in the North and this troop option could be the only longbow armed troop in the army. They could also have better melee capabilities then other archer troops so they can operate independently of the main body of troops.

Great pike example (longer ones have issues)
ygryDUD.png

Formations - It would be nice to see the pikemen form up in a tight block so they can use their pikes in mass making very a hard for troops to pass the hedge of pikes and when they do there are greatswods there to swat the enemies down.

Anyways great work and looking forward to the next update.

Cheers

viperswhip said:
Grynyth said:

You didn't save the game before you activated the cheat menu? Maybe someone will help you, but you aren't going to get a lot of sympathy lol

I use autosave and I had no idea what cheatmenu exactly did, I activated to find it out. I looked up almost the whole internet and it seems I might be the first person to experience this bug...

Not sure is this is a bug, but I could not get promoted to a knight/heavy knight in the vale faction as a free lancer. I went almost 400 days, other factions like the Reach I was able to get promoted to a heavy knight in about 150 days. 

viperswhip said:
Drakken said:
The max level i have reached is 36 with 2000 days
i am sure you can grab some more level but 50+ cheat?  :wink:

It's totally possible to get to level 30ish by day 150 if you are good at fighting and find ample numbers of Wildlings, if you keep your troop count down you can get to 500 renown as well. I just got to level 27 doing that by day 102, I also took part in some sieges I saw going on, you can easily wrack up 30-40 kills in a nice siege of pretty valuable (exp wise) units if you are properly positioned and don't get singled out. Picking up a two handed sword or something with a nice dps and reach, it's easy peasy, you need good armor though, that's the first thing I buy after getting the businesses going at White Harbour and Barrowtown.

I did hit level 38 in my one playthrough that went to day 400ish. Even at level 25 though I regularly see Tywin with 600 men. He fights a lot of big battles though, his renown is likely through the roof, and of course they all get 10 leadership and max charisma.
I ended my 2.0 playthrough with 7081 renown. When you get high level companions and the best gear you defeat full armies and rack up a lot of renown. If you want to really be exploitive, if you have good archers and tactics, and set your battle size to its minimum, if you catch a massive enemy war party on the water you can defeat them over and over and get a ton of renown.

But it's a bit of a silly stat, if you're getting a ton of renown it's because you have a small party. If you have a small party renown does little for you.

I'm playing Gekokujo now, the map is so small and there's no shields, I'm not sure what to do...

Grynyth said:

Never heard of that bug, seems weird.

My only guess would be to teleport to land, then go to camp->spend X hours setting up camp. (you can use your friend the cheatmenu to buy the tools if you need them).

What happens when you teleport close to a town, then click on the town? The game should open up the town screen.

So I became a vassal for stannis the mannis. I did the Renly assassination quest, and after the Stormlands was "defeated", no remaining strongholds it suddenly reappeared and half of the Dragonstone vassals switched to Renly? Please tell me this is a bug.. I also did the Targaryen/Dorne quests btw

Audun said:
So I became a vassal for stannis the mannis. I did the Renly assassination quest, and after the Stormlands was "defeated", no remaining strongholds it suddenly reappeared and half of the Dragonstone vassals switched to Renly? Please tell me this is a bug.. I also did the Targaryen/Dorne quests btw
Which ones switched and what are their personalities?

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Vassals

Tuco said:
Audun said:
Which ones switched and what are their personalities?

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Vassals

That is beyond the point. There was a notification popping up that "a faction ceased to exist" which was the Stormlands, and 2 seconds later around 10 lords join Renly's cause..

Tuco said:
Grynyth said:

Never heard of that bug, seems weird.

My only guess would be to teleport to land, then go to camp->spend X hours setting up camp. (you can use your friend the cheatmenu to buy the tools if you need them).

What happens when you teleport close to a town, then click on the town? The game should open up the town screen.

It doesn't open the town screen, nothing happens when I teleport anywhere. I think I am underground or something, because the screen moves when I click on a place but I cannot see my army.

Guys how do we get vassals on version 0.8? Whoever I tell "I need to talk to you in private" says "You'll speak to me some other time then."

would be awesome to have night's watch rangers as manhunters in northern parts. and as attackable parties like young warriors in brytenwalda. and it would also be good way to get wildling troops at early game as you could recruit them from their prisoners. i want to play as wildling raider. and kill some crows.

Back
Top Bottom