SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Audun said:
Tuco said:
Audun said:
So I became a vassal for stannis the mannis. I did the Renly assassination quest, and after the Stormlands was "defeated", no remaining strongholds it suddenly reappeared and half of the Dragonstone vassals switched to Renly? Please tell me this is a bug.. I also did the Targaryen/Dorne quests btw
Which ones switched and what are their personalities?

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Vassals

That is beyond the point. There was a notification popping up that "a faction ceased to exist" which was the Stormlands, and 2 seconds later around 10 lords join Renly's cause..
Aye, just like the Targaryen faction ceased to exist and came back!

The reason I ask is because I think a vassal that is loyal to an eliminated liege has a chance to betray their current liege if they own cities. I think it has to do with their personality because it never happened to me in my playthrough where I only had good natured /upstanding lords. And I took over both westeros and essos.

The only time a faction got recreated (Lys) was when a city owner was bad tempered or sadistic or something.

reiksmarshal said:
Not sure is this is a bug, but I could not get promoted to a knight/heavy knight in the vale faction as a free lancer. I went almost 400 days, other factions like the Reach I was able to get promoted to a heavy knight in about 150 days.

Well, it's based on level and you have to have the stats to equip the items I think, I am not sure about that second part. My best was getting promoted to Knight for the Westlands after about 75 days.

In case you didn't know, take a leave of absence after you get a promotion and migrate your gear to a companion, that way you get to keep it when you next get promoted. This is my favourite way to get gear at the beginning of the game. Hope you get into some sieges.

Уьзукщк said:
How prevent companions from leaving? In TweakMB this feature is disabled.
Why north is on south and vice versa? ;D
Why Aegon instead of Daenerys?

Aegon is the true heir.  Not Daenerys.

Hey, i was wondering how do you make lords defect to your faction in a clash of kings. I have 20 Right to Rule, 900 renown, i own all of the dragonstone lands and Stormlands, basically the entire west of mainland westeros. I have 6 lords (all companions) they all have atleast 100+ troops and i have 250+ troops. I have many unlorded towns, castles and villages. Sorry to be a hassle but im not sure how you do it, or if i have somehow broken the game. Thanks in advance. :smile:

calico2711 said:
Hey, i was wondering how do you make lords defect to your faction in a clash of kings. I have 20 Right to Rule, 900 renown, i own all of the dragonstone lands and Stormlands, basically the entire west of mainland westeros. I have 6 lords (all companions) they all have atleast 100+ troops and i have 250+ troops. I have many unlorded towns, castles and villages. Sorry to be a hassle but im not sure how you do it, or if i have somehow broken the game. Thanks in advance. :smile:

20 is low, I've never started my Kinging without at least 45 or so, I don't know if that makes any difference. Here's something that does though, persuasion, and high relations.

Just downloaded ACok 2.0 but the game crashes everytime I start a new game saying about map.txt. Here are the last 5 lines of my file:
  1 0  3  28363  28545  28362
  1 0  3  28364  28545  28363
  1 0  3  28420  28602  28601
  1 0  3  28420  28603  28602
  1 0  3  28421  28603  28420
  1 0  3  28                   
Is this correct?

Grynyth said:
Guys how do we get vassals on version 0.8? Whoever I tell "I need to talk to you in private" says "You'll speak to me some other time then."

Lord must be alone (no other lords nearby). It's what on the native.

So I havent played this since 1.2 and I must ask what the hell happened to all the factions? Where's the riverlands gone? Why cant I recruit levies from the free cities any more, how am I supposed to get the myrish crossbowmen?

greyblades said:
So I havent played this since 1.2 and I must ask what the hell happened to all the factions? Where's the riverlands gone? Why cant I recruit levies from the free cities any more, how am I supposed to get the myrish crossbowmen?
There's no Riverlands. The Free Cities only use sellswords which can be recruited from cities. You can get the Myrman Crossbowman from the Port of Myr.

kraggrim said:
BloodForBlood said:
If anyone is as interested as I was in roleplaying a taller or smaller character, here's how you can do it. Only works on ACoK or any module that has differing npc sizes.
First I'd like to thank Kraggrim, who, over at Viking Conquest forums worked out a way to do it there and later in other modules.
All one has to do is download the save-game editor and do the following (quoted from Kraggrim and modified to fit the values of ACoK):
Import your save and open the 'troops' section (should be near the bottom), the player character should be at the very top of the list. Open the player troop and find the 'flags' entry, then replace whatever's there with one of these numbers:

36700178 - Dwarf (Tyrion Lannister)
20 - Tall (Tywin Lannister)
22 - Huge (Gregor Clegane)

Export the save, and that should be it.
Now, there's a couple things that aren't clear to me. Firstly, everything works fine with the player character, but when I tried to make a couple of my companions taller, they started acting like females (standing in a feminine pose and crossing arms on occasion, when idle in a tavern).
Secondly, I have no idea of how to make the above work in a module that doesn't already include differing npc sizes, for one has to use one of already existing values to make it work for the player character. I suppose it's logical to think that it'd be enough to make one npc taller through editing, then using his flag value for the player character, but I have no idea how. If anyone could point that out for me, I'd be very grateful.
Once again, full credit goes to Kraggrim.

Hmm, something seems off here, I'll download  2.0 and take a wee look.
Found anything?

Does anyone know how to modify the menu.txt so we can export the extra companions such as Roderick, Titus Harper, Caul, Carver, Melly Waterman etc?

I saw something about modifying the menu.txt on the export/import ID's but there was never instructions on what to modify.

Not sure if it's just me but there's only two pages of export/import companions and I wanted to be able to modify all the new/extra companions.

chiefkamachi said:
Does anyone know how to modify the menu.txt so we can export the extra companions such as Roderick, Titus Harper, Caul, Carver, Melly Waterman etc?

I saw something about modifying the menu.txt on the export/import ID's but there was never instructions on what to modify.

Not sure if it's just me but there's only two pages of export/import companions and I wanted to be able to modify all the new/extra companions.

YES PLEASE, SOMEONE Help me with this as well, I've been dying to export those extra companions but have not figured out any way to do so

I've been playing the mod for a few days now, and have enjoyed it overall. However, one problem I have early game is when hiring companions, it doesn't tell you how much they will cost to recruit. Someone like Carver doesn't cost anything, whereas Kanasos the Headstrong cost me 3500 without even mentioning that it would cost me something. This bit me in the ass when I had the game on realistic saving, as I had no money to buy food after this happened. If this happened in the late game, I wouldn't mind so much, since by that point I have far more money than I would ever need, but early on 3500 gold can really hurt if you aren't expecting it.

Back
Top Bottom