SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

YourStepDad said:
I think you can disable companion complaints in the mod menu accessed in the encampment menu if i recall correctly.

It disables the complaining dialogues, but they still get unhappy and eventually leave. One needs to tweak to keep them all.

Previously I edited my savegames to remove "personality clash" and some other related stuff from companions' troops, but it was too tedious. The tweak mentioned in my previous post solved this problem.

Oh, I am such a shameless cheater =3

This mod really needs battle continuation. By continuation i mean play as one of your troops when you die. And being able to move faster in the freeroam camera like in Perisno by holding spacekey.

And btw, what's the best version? It seems the new ones removes bugs and add some things but they remove plenty of things that made the mod better too.

PLEASE remove armor penalties and other random bull**** like that that makes the game not fun at all to play. "Realism" features should not be forced on players by any means and should only be optional. Mod developers need to get this through their heads, its not a hard concept.

This is a good and hard mod, I play it now since several versions. There is only one big game breaking problem, that occured to me through many "playthroughs": MB Warband is a game, that does not really allow a faction to fight more then one enemy faction at a time sucessful. Any faction, that does, gets reduced. But in this mod, the story itself makes Westeros fighting many other factions quite early (right after the reach sends out ravens to support Renly as a king), with an extremly suboptimal position on the map (holdings from west to east, that can and will be attacked from all sides). I had no playthrough, were Westeros was not quite fast wiped out and left to one castle with all it´s lords. I even tried to help as a lord myself...very low chance, when 2-3 faction armies maraude through the Lannister lands. My recommendation: the Lannister faction needs urgently a buff up. Maybe higher quality equipment in accordance to the wealth and reputation of the house itself. Or a higher/faster recruiting grade for it´s garrisons, so they have more soldiers guarding the holdings then other factions.

hipp522 said:
PLEASE remove armor penalties and other random bull**** like that that makes the game not fun at all to play. "Realism" features should not be forced on players by any means and should only be optional. Mod developers need to get this through their heads, its not a hard concept.

It's not a realism feature, it's to make the game harder and force you to make choices. Want to be an agile bowman? Don't wear heavy armor and a helmet with no vision.

Cozur said:
hipp522 said:

It's not a realism feature, it's to make the game harder and force you to make choices. Want to be an agile bowman? Don't wear heavy armor and a helmet with no vision.

ok but why can't it be optional

Because health and arrows are core concepts of the game and to remove them would drastically affect gameplay? While the whole armor thing is just a gimick to punish players because "waaah its not realistic to shoot arrows through a visor"

I have started a 6.2 playthrough. The starting is tougher than ever, troops cost a hell of a lot of money still, you kind of have to keep the special troops to a minimum at the start.  The economy is a bit weak, it took until week 3 for the Saltpans prices to drop to a point where it was worth trading. The quests now provide some nice loot though, and are worth doing for the cash if nothing else.

No real advice on best troops yet. I am not in love with the change to how to recruit special units. I've only found 2 Raventree longbowmen per week, and that's going to take a lot of time to get to a valid #. It has also reduced my desire to take those castles for myself as there is no longer the benefit of locking down supply.

The Tournament folks have even better weapon skills now, trying to beat a two hander, well, I suck, but dang, that's hard.

Hey folks!

Do you know any way around companions leaving? It's really frustating... well it's even more, cuz I thought that in the mod options I'd able to disable the morale penalties by checking the "Disable comp. complains" box.
I checked TweakMB, but it seems, that it's not up to date.
Anyways, thanks in advance if someone could help me.

Zolnai said:
Hey folks!

Do you know any way around companions leaving? It's really frustating... well it's even more, cuz I thought that in the mod options I'd able to disable the morale penalties by checking the "Disable comp. complains" box.
I checked TweakMB, but it seems, that it's not up to date.
Anyways, thanks in advance if someone could help me.

The answer was given a page back:

Sergio_Morozov said:
I used this one, and it worked for me in 4.1. Did not check in newer versions, but should work too.

Arnulf Floyd said:
I have tried to replace female faces with that from Corprus but give me Runtime error

If you've tried to edit any .txt-s to do that - then it is predictable, one should probably only replace models in .brf-s while also providing textures, and even then models may be incompatible or something.

I believe as these not were compatible with Floris module system because in other mods such as AWOIAF I manage to implementing succesfully

What to do late game ?

I started as my own faction, a trader, made friends with everyone, made over 2 million gold. Own a army of 400 quality troops, control Tumbletown and nearby towns, Control the Sisters. Late game great friends in Westeros, enemies across shallow sea.

Not interested in fighting more battle across the sea, fought off their sieges of my cities. things quieting down, not sure what to do next ?

hmmmmmm

is there a way to add a Lord Paramount system where if you conquer more than 1 kingdom and assign vassals to it you can just pick one of them to control the regions? Would also mean another Marshal to capture land for you.

Also, I still play 1.0 because I personally find it to be the best version, I am wondering if there is a way to add in stuff like the new quests (three of the existing ones are bugged in that version as well) the explore-able locations and experience for meeting guild masters and village elders, the newer (cleaner, where random bush or small rock doesn't stop your charging horse) battle maps, new armours, and added/updated castle/town names, locations, and scenes, as well as assigning some of the existing lords to the correct factions (think some Tyroshi guys belong to Volantis or something) and updating those Essosi lords to canon (think a lot where placeholders), as well as keeping all the existing stuff (like lances). I like the size of the old map, the many lords and towns/castles, and Lordly armour as well as other things and would like to play a version w/ the 1.0 stuff (before the downsize and deletion of towns and castles and downgrades to some towns) with merged features from the newer updates.

Back
Top Bottom