SP Native Freelancer Mod - Being a Regular Soldier

Users who are viewing this thread

Compatible version
e1.5.9
Dz8aW.jpg

Image: Battle in the Bog by kazzeth
Freelancer is now almost a classic for M&B. If you played Warband with your favourite mod, you are probably familiar with this concept.

About
Freelancer allows you to enlist any lord/lady's party as long as you meet the requirements. Join as no one, fight hard, rank up, gain better gear, learn new tricks, increase your tactics. Let your party owner pays you, feeds you. This is very early stage of the development of this mod and expect a lot of bugs that I wasn't able to fix/see.

Freelancer? It doesn't make any sense
It does not. Yes. You are not a freelancer, but a normal soldier after all. But I wanted to use this name because it's already known by old player-base and there is no need to confuse some people with different names.

RMEWr.jpg

How does it work?
Once you enlist to a party - your true allegiance will be to your party owner. If your leader dies, you are out - the party will be disbanded. If your lord gets defeated, you will be either taken as a prisoner or your captors will allow you to go - but you will be free. If you want to join the same lord's army, you need to find that person. You will be able to join battles directly or let others fight while you wait on the sidelines. Historically, that's not logical - i.e. you not participating in battles while you are just a regular soldier - but for the sake of the gameplay, I didn't want to enforce players to fight in all fights.

LpD3h.jpg

How to Enlist/Join?
You can do this by talking to Lord/lady directly. Again, I know that this doesn't make any sense - to see that a regular peasant approach a Lord and ask for joining the army - but this is for simplicity.
You need to meet certain requirements at first
- If you do not own any Settlements ( towns, castles etc )
- If your Clan tier is less than 2
- If you are not at War with that faction
- If the Leader isn't in Minor Faction ( i.e. Beni Zilal etc )
then you are good to go.

Follow the steps, and you are in.
  1. Normal Introduction/Greetings
  2. Say "There is something I'd like to discuss"
  3. Say "I would like to join your ranks"
  4. Say "I would not let you down. How do I join?"
  5. Say "You can count on me. I won't let you down"
Congrats. You are now part of a larger army. You will always start from the most basic tier - recruit or so. And you will wear their equipment. You will carry their colors and banner on your shield ( while at war )

XCjE0.jpg

Soldier Camp, Desertion
Soldier camp is the location where you can ask for leave and other stuff. In the future, I might add a camp scene where you can play games with your fellow comrades. Have training etc.
You can buy better food from your quartermaster. This immediately increases your HP by +15.
You can buy beer for your comrades. This action can be done only if you are in town. Price is calculated based on how many soldiers are in the army and your current fame. Successful order will bring +7 fame immediately.
You can ask for Leave only if you are at Service Level 2. BUT, if your faction is no longer at war with anyone ( any major faction ) then you can leave the army by paying a small fee ( tier * 2 )
If you leave the party while there is no war, you won't experience any issue with your lord. However, if you leave the army while the faction is still at war, your relationship with the Lord will take a hit. This is depended on your service level - meaning that, you will get a higher impact if you leave the army while you are successful and known.
If you desert the army, you will get -55 criminal rating with the kingdom. Upon desertion, you WILL keep the equipment.

DyAfu.jpg

Promotions, Wages and Bonuses
Promotions are based on your kill count. Kill count also decides your salary.
The current daily wage calculation goes as follows:
TroopWage + (Kill Count * 2) + Tier * 2
This formula is subject to change and if you detect any imbalances, post it away. I would like to tweak that one if it's too unbalanced.
Tier and Service Level are equivalent at the moment - which might change in the future. Tier/Service Level calculation goes as follows:
  • Kill Count less than 4 = Service Level 1
  • Kill Count less than 14 = Service Level 2
  • Kill Count less than 34 = Service Level 3
  • Kill Count less than 49 = Service Level 4
  • Kill Count less than 79 = Service Level 5
  • Kill Count above 80 = Service Level 6
Higher Service Level also means that you will have access to better gear. And explained above, it also decides your relationship loss with the Lord when you leave the army.
Bonuses are currently only given to extraordinary soldiers who were able to kill/knockdown enemy generals/lords. You will get 550 gold for each commander you took down, as a bonus to your salary.
Each normal kill will bring +1 fame and each hero kill will bring +20 fame.

dOF4c.jpg

Fame and Noble Troops
You can increase fame and gain credibility after your long-lasting service. If you are above 75 fame for a faction, you will be recognized by others and you will be leveled up to L3 directly without any questions asked. This is especially good if you don't want to start from bottom all the time.
Noble Troop lines is something else that is in the game. If you are Level 5 (Character Level NOT service level) or above and from the same culture as the faction you are joining, then you will start as a noble troop rather than average peasant.

mHx-M.jpg

Orders, tactics and Chain of Command
Have you ever heard Byzantine Generals Problem? Yes? Cool. This has nothing to do with this. You have two people to listen in the battles. One of them is the leading general - i.e. your lord. The second one is your Sergeant. Usually, you get 2-3 orders from your leading general directly - and that's with war horns. Your sergeant, in the other hand, gives you direct orders and gives that order for your unit type specifically. If you are in ranged formation, he will lead you based on that. Usually, if your leading general gives a command, your sergeant gives you a follow-up command about this. It's not always as clear as you think - but it does the job. This is, by the way, exactly the same thinking process of the AI in the game - meaning that I didn't change or alter anything. If you feel like AI is acting smart, you can thank to TW. If you feel like AI sucks, you can thank to TW.

2831-1617911776-161762170.jpeg

Leading Soldiers and Being a Bodyguard
If you are Service Level 6, you will lead a small group. This group will not be "unknown" soldiers for you, instead, they will be your comrades. Each will have their own culture-specific name, they will listen to your commands, they will die with you. They will have the same ( not identical ) equipment and tier with you. However, if the army you are serving is lack that unit type, the system will check lower tiers with the same formation and check all way down. So in some instances, you might end up getting 2-3 soldiers as well.
If you are Service Level 3 or above and have 90 or above Loyalty to that clan, you will be asked to become a bodyguard for that leader. If you accept, you will be promoted to the top-tier noble troop and you will gain an immediate 10 relationship bonus and your wage will be doubled/tripled. Your only job will be keeping the leader alive in the battles. However, if the leader dies in the battle, you will get -25 relationship damage. And if the leader gets knockdown, you will get -5 relationship damage with that clan. You can refuse the offer - this will not cause any relationship damage

What next?
I'm planning to add several other features to this mod.
Being a sergeant, responsible from several other soldiers in the army.
Scenes where you can interact with your comrades play games do training etc.
Rebellion ( internal army rebellion ) to take away some soldiers and run away etc.
But all these will depend on my free time + popularity of this mod.

FAQ
+ What will happen to my soldiers if I join an Army? Will they be part of that Army?
- No, they won't They will be disbanded. You will be the only one that is joining the party. Your companions will be scattered around.

+ What will happen to my current weapons/gear if I join an Army??- It will be "reserved". So you will get it back once you are done with your service. You will get it even if you desert the army or taken as prisoner. Although I might change that in the future

+ Somehow I'm not able to see the Freelance Menu on left? Game stops when my party raids? I'm unable to do anything while raiding and fight going on
-
Raids have some issues. So I opted out from that. You need to click Play/Forward from time control at main map. Raids send stop signal to game time flow - but you can't do much so you need to click to skip. Your army will still do whatever they want. If you are not seeing the Freelancer Menu, just click somewhere in the map, it should pop up.

+ I got more than one promotion, why?
- If you ranked more than once ( i.e. assuming that you had 0 kills, and you killed 20) then you have to pick your first level up, and then the second one. This follows the same path as the normal unit upgrade tree

+ I was very experienced, now it makes me start from Recruit again. Why?
- This happens. Because you are not "known" anymore. Whether you left the army with your own will, or taken prisoner, you are no longer part of that party and you will start from scratch if you want to do something else. In the future, if you get famouse ( ie kills more than 100 ) then I might make you a legend/known figure. However, it's not implemented yet.
+ I found a bug. What to do next?
- Congrats. Here is your cookie ? Mod might have a lot of bugs in it. I tried to iron it as much as possible in a short time but I still need time to polish a lot of things. Report it, let me check. But be specific. Don't be vague. If you cannot give details, then it's not worth looking at it.

+ Can this break my save game?
- In theory, no. Worst case scenario is: you were working as freelancer, your gear is taken away, you disabled the mod, then you should be in same location with the party you were in with 1 unit in your party. That's all. But ideally you shouldn't remove mods in the half way through ( by the way, no guarantee, it might break your save as well )

+ Mod makes no sense
- No you :sad:

+ I played with version lower/higher than you said. It's working fine
- Cool. Let us know as well.

Cheat/Life Vest
If for some wicked reason, something is messed up, you are unable to do anything at menu, please enable cheats and write the following
campaing.freelance_reset
then you should be out of the freelancing option and you should get your gear back. Report this back so that I can take a look.

Last edited:
  • Version 1.2.3.0​

• Added option to recruit wandering bandits if you have a hideout. With this option, you can recruit almost any wandering bandit party.
    • Added "Return to your lord" quest- which shows when you need to find your lord again. This page updates the known location of the lord each day ( afternoon ) so that you can only take a look at the quest. Quest page also gives you a clickable link to the lord and other details such as how many days left and links to the last known location.
    • Added an option that gives you the ability to ask for new random gear. This is effective mostly if you didn't get the random equipment you wanted.
    • Added an option to claim nobility. This follows the same logic with noble troops. But now you don't have to leave the army and rejoin if you levelled up to 5 while you are serving.
    • Now if your lord has a horse but somehow your culture's latest noble tier isn't mounted, you are still getting a mount. This is mainly implemented to bring more support to other mods and some edge cases.
    • Changed cost calculation for betting. Now higher ranks are betting more money and your gains are also correlated to this.
    • Changed reward calculation for some quests. Now they are not granting too little or too ridiculous amounts. Still requires some fine-tuning though
    • Changed buying beer calculation. Now each extra buy will cost more that is correlated to your current fame.
    • Changed and balanced the wages that you earn while enlisted in the army. You can still earn quite well if you are a bodyguard, but overall, they are less OP now.
    • Several issues are fixed that were causing weird behavior on the campaign map because of dynamic events happening in the game.
  • Version 1.2.2.0​

• Fixed some rounding issue.
    • Hopefully fixed an issue that was causing to show `Lord thanks you for taking the castle X` menu after leaving the service even if you didn't visit the city ( Thanks to Cheyron's non-stop request ( :smile: ) )
    • Completely new 4 quests for Bandit Playthrough. They will show on quests page integrated in the game's existing quest logic. Quest titles are: Trouble in Paradise, For the Throne, Protection Ain't Free, Hired Blade
    • Trouble In Paradise: When a spouse suspects his/her spouse is cheating him/her, then they can hire you to kill that person either with execution or battle.
    • For the Throne: Based on the political change within the factions, one clan member can hire you to eliminate another clan member.
    • Hired Blade: Somethings can't be resolved with duels. Some lords might want to pay you to eliminate an enemy lord.
    • Protection Ain't Free: Local gang leaders can hire you to teach a lesson to their town owners.
  • Version 1.2.1.0​

• New Bandit Career Expansion: Now you can form your own bandit organization in Calradia. Own a hideout - get offers from lords who want you to do the dirty work and much more. To form your own gang, you need at least 95 fame among bandits and 40 kills. Once you are eligible, you will see the "Form your own gang" option changes. If for some reason menu is not changing, simply open Trade with smuggler screen and exit, it should show. CHECK MAIN DESCRIPTION FOR MORE DETAILS
    • Added war/peace indicator. Now when you enlisted as a soldier, you will know who is at war with who. And whenever they declare war, you will also see the indicators on the main map immediately. This doesn't mean that you will be at war with them as a clan, but it's only a temporary indicator while you are fighting. Once you leave your service, everything will go back to how it used to be ( i.e. if your Clan is at war with Battania, you won't get free peace )
    • Now you can't join all bandit troops right off the bat. There is a 20% chance that they won't ask you for this option.
    • Tweaked some purchase options for bandits and caravans
    • Polished some stuff and crushed some minor bugs
  • Version 1.2.0.5​

• Now if the lord waits more than 10 days in their city after defeat, the system will force him to regroup and create a new party. No need to wait for ages for lord to form a new party
    • Fixed an issue that was causing troops under your command not to get healed up while being a bandit
    • Fixed an issue that was causing a crash when you try to rejoin when you talk with the "Request to see someone" option in castles
    • Fixed an issue that was causing free if you sworn oath not to attack a faction but still bandits engage action
    • Fixed an issue that was crashing in 1.5.9 hotfix
  • Version 1.2.0.4​

• Changed passive XP gain system. Now you can request to be assigned to certain roles. Each role will have its own requirement and based on your role, each day, the system will randomly select one skill from the skill list of that role and give you a random XP. You can switch your role whenever you want.
    • Fixed renown reduce cheat
    • Added another cheat to locate your lord ( not tested properly yet )
    • Several small fixes
  • Version 1.2.0.3​

• Fixed crash issues in 1.5.9 hotfix
    • Fixed issue related to battlefield banner not being visible
    • Fixed an issue related to sergeants
    • Fixed a crash issue that was happening when you marry your army leader
    • Fixed extra fee for baggage you can carry yourself - you will only pay for extra while you are in caravan
  • Version 1.2.0.2​

• Added luggage fee for caravans - now you need to pay 2 gold for each item you carry
    • Fixed an issue that was causing your sergeant to go silent. However, call campaign.freelance_reset_sergeant in cheat terminal to reset your sergeant
    • Fixed a crash when you join the battle as a Bandit
    • Fixed a crash when you leave caravans
    • Fixed baby troops issue
    • Added French translations officially thanks to Ed
  • Version 1.2.0​

• Caravan Guard Career Path: Now you can guard encountered caravans for a small fee. Unlike normal freelancing, in caravan guarding, you can bring your own troops and companions to the party.
    • Bandit Career Path: When you encountered with bandits ( doesn't matter if they are looter, sea raiders, forest bandits etc ) you will have an option to offer your "services" to them.
    • Check main description for further details and explanation
  • Version 1.1.0​

• New Mutiny System: You can now start a mutiny within your party. Your chances of success will be determined based on how many units that party has and how popular you are in that army. Upon success, you will take over the command of some portion of the army and you will seize the war-chest. It's very likely that your leader will not let you take the army without a fight - so prepare yourself for a fight. Your chance will also decide how many people you will draw to your side if a fight breaks out. If you fail, you will become a prisoner, an enemy of state and even might be beheaded. You need at least 50 fame and 50 popularity for starting a mutiny.
    • New Popularity System: Currently only used for mutiny decision - each kill you take and each leader you killed will increase your popularity. Unlike fame, popularity is only tied to the current party and if you leave it completely, then it will reset.
    • New Dialogue Option for Waiting for your Lord: Now if you managed to find your lord but if he/she doesn't have army, you can simply talk to them and they will tell you that you should check back within 7 days. This will add extra 7 days to your timeout and this can be done infinitely until your leader assembles an army.
    • Changed menu and added a direct link to faction you are in - so that you can simply click to see who is at war with who
    • Official Spanish Translation added - kudos to Mirack
  • Version 1.0.9.1​

• (Hopefully) fixed the invisible character issue after the defeat.
    • Optimized the "sergeant" creation - no more sergeant spam in unit window.
    • Added a cheat to add a negative number of renown for your clan - so that you can decrease your clan tier if you really want to do that. Call campaign.freelance_add_clan_renown
    • Small changes in the code + some basecode for other systems
  • Version 1.0.9​

• Added "Lifesaver" feature for bodyguarding. Now if you kill enemies around your lord, you will earn 1 relationship point for each person you kill. You need to be in range for this - so you need to be close to him/her. Radius is around two-horse length ( yes, I'm using horses as a measurement unit )
    • Added an indicator for a bodyguarded person. If you press ALT (the same key with how you see other nameplates in cities ) then you will be able to see the exact location of your lord with a highlighted purple contour around him. This makes it easier for you to identify him in night battles - as well as in battles where you are unable to find him because of the obstacles
    • Changed bodyguard system rewards. Now each successful battle you participated in will give you a random amount of relationship with your lord. It can be between 1 and 4. Note: you won't get any if you are fighting with looters/bandits etc
    • Decreased bodyguard penalty for lord getting knocked down to 3
    • Fixed several issues that were causing random behaviour and crash
    • Added Japanese language support
  • Version 1.0.8.6​

• Added notice message for returning the party. Now you will get it in every 2 days.
    • Fixed an issue that was causing you to get captured as well after your party defeated even while you are on leave
    • Fixed an issue that was causing crash for old saves
  • Version 1.0.8.5​

• Now fame has a soft limit of 40. If you are above 40 fame, your fame will still decrease but it will stop decreasing after 40. However, if you are below 40, then it can go all way down to 0. This soft limit only kicks in if you are at the party. ( Will continue to decrease if you are separated from your army )
    • Added Fame bonus to actions. They will increase your fame with +1
    • Fixed an issue that wasn't updating the menu screen right away after the fame/loyalty change. Now it should be in sync.
    • Fixed/Added "days to rejoin" in-game saves. Now you won't lose that data if you save and load it some other day
    • Fixed several other ugly bugs and such. Added some scaffolding code for more actions in the future.
  • Version 1.0.8.3​

• Now, days to rejoin will be calculated based on the possible respawn place distance of the army leader to player location. It should be more than enough in most of the cases
    • Improved reason explanation of why you are not able to join army/party of the lord
    • Now you don't have to switch between menus to see the update. It should happen automatically in each day.
    • Now if you take a leave and come back, you will get your soldiers back ( with new names and such )
    • Fixed an issue that was causing crash after you become a bodyguard and lost the battle
    • Fixed an issue that was causing an unstable state and was enabling deserters to rejoin their lords
    • Fixed an issue that was causing to exploit game mechanics by taking companions' and player's gear
    • Fixed a small bug that was allowing the system to allow the player to buy bandages even when he doesn't have money.
  • Version 1.0.8.2​

• Increased campaign action reward XP's significantly
    • Added passive daily XP earn. Skill will be chosen randomly and you will earn 0 to 50 XP each day randomly
    • Now while you are a bodyguard, you won't lose a relationship when your subject knocked down if you are already knocked down
    • Decreased the reward for honourable discharge to preserve game balance - previously entire equipment was as expensive as a town - which was an exploit and unintended consequence.
    • Fixed an issue that was causing some mods to crash the game while you upgrade to level 6 and going into battle ( hopefully )
    • Fixed an issue that kept asking bodyguard question when you took leave of absence
    • Fixed several issues with Russian and Chinese translations
  • Version 1.0.8​

• Now you can ask 2 days of absence if you are eligible. You have to come back to your army within 2 days ( which will be marked on your map ) If you don't come back in 2 days, you will be declared a deserter.
    • Now if your party gets defeated, you have to find and return to your lord/lady. However, this is not easy because you have to find him/her yourself. Sometimes they are choosing to chill at castles for 2-3 days without having a party at all - that's why, I'm unable to mark their location. That being said, you have 7 days to return to your lord after a defeat. If you can, you will continue with the same tier and equipment. If you can't nothing will happen to your relationship but you won't be able to keep old stats even if you find the same lord afterwards
    • Now you will be asked before being a "noble" troop. You can choose to decline that option.
    • Added dialogues for the features above for all languages - TR, RU, CN.
    • Fixed an issue that was causing you to pay more than you earn when you get troops. Now troop wage is added to your salary.
    • Fixed an issue that was causing battles and party screen to crash.
    • Fixed an issue that was causing a crash after trying to enter a settlement after an unsuccessful siege.
    • Fixed several other issues along the way.
  • Version 1.0.7.1​

• Fixed an issue that was causing crash after SL6
    • Fixed an issue that was causing a crash when you get companions
    • Fixed an issue with Russian Translations
  • Version 1.0.7​

• Now you can honourably discharge from the army without getting any relationship impact. If you killed more than 190 enemies, you will also keep the armor ( not weapons )
    • Mod now supports Russian kudos to KIT965
    • Small normalization on experience gaining
    • Fixed an issue that was causing the action menu pop up when you join an army.
  • Version 1.0.6​

• New camp options. Now you can go hunting, get training or scout for your army. Each of these options will give you experience points related to its context. Each of them has a certain time limit and within that time limit, you won't be able to do anything else. You will be notified after the action is done. And you will also see the experience report. If any action your army takes interrupts this ( war, siege etc ) then it will be abandoned and you won't gain anything from it.
    • Relationship/fame/loyalty matters. Now lords will remember things you have done more clearly and they won't accept you in their army if you are a criminal, coward or disloyal.
    • No Exploiting - I have seen that several people were exploring the behaviour of the inventory system. From now on, when you join an army, all your inventory will be taken away as well. And when you are back, you will get everything back. This is the same for promotions as well. Hence, no more "armour steal" exploit.
    • Changed wording on "better food" to bandages and medical-related text.
    • Fixed an issue that was showing the wrong text in sieges even though you were starting at the correct side.
    • Fixed an issue that was causing the player to get "ghosted" by others when the player leaves the army after a successful siege.
    • Fixed an issue that was causing not being able to join sieges if you save the game while your party is besieging a castle
  • Version 1.0.5​

• New Battle Brothers System - Now if you are Service Level 6, you will lead a small group. This group will not be "unknown" soldiers for you, instead, they will be your comrades. Each will have their own culture-specific name, they will listen to your commands, they will die with you. They will have the same ( not identical ) equipment and tier with you. However, if the army you are serving is lack that unit type, the system will check lower tiers with the same formation and check all way down. So in some instances, you might end up getting 2-3 soldiers as well.
    • Added an indicator for the bodyguard system. Now your "subject" will be marked on the battlefield with a floating banner on its head. Banner isn't something unreactive/ugly but instead acts like a real banner ( with physics etc ) so it won't ruin up the natural look of the game *see images*
    • Added a new "Request new horse and gear" option for those who lose their horses in the battlefield.
    • Some UI improvements. Now you will be asked before taking any critical activities such as desertion and leaving the army
    • Fixed a bunch of issues related to the Bodyguard and save system.
    • Tweaked battle range again - narrowed it down a bit this time.
    • Now cross-save game-related issues are gone. Each saves game should work independently from the previously loaded game.
  • Version 1.0.4​

• New Gambling System: Now you can make a bet and earn some bucks. The amount will be based on how many participants will that bet have. You can participate in bets once per day. Everything is based on random, so there is not cheating :smile:
    • New Loyalty System: Now you will gain loyalty points each day you stay at that party. Your loyalty will be to Clan itself. Unlike fame, this is related to that particular clan and its clan members. The loyalty system is not tied to your wage but it's tied to your possibilities.
    • New Bodyguard System: Now if you are SL3 or above AND have 90 or above Loyalty to that clan, you will be asked to become a bodyguard for that leader. If you accept, you will be promoted to the top-tier noble troop and you will gain an immediate 10 relationship bonus and your wage will be doubled/tripled. Your only job will be keeping the leader alive in the battles. However, if the leader dies in the battle, you will get -25 relationship damage. And if the leader gets knockdown, you will get -5 relationship damage with that clan. You can refuse the offer - this will not cause any relationship damage
    • New passive fame/loyalty decrease/gain feature: Every day, you will lose fame and loyalty for that particular clan or kingdom. If you are inside the clan or kingdom, you won't see this decrease. ( In other words, if you leave the kingdom, people will start to forget who you are )
    • Fixed command mixture issue. Previously you were able to hear enemy sergeant's commands too. Now this is fixed.
    • Adjusted battle join radius. Now it's more or less matching with AI default behavior ( No more chasing down and fighting alone )
    • Fixed several other issues that I don't remember
    • Created several other issues - probably.
  • Version 1.0.3​

• Adjusted battle join the range - previously they were covering a really large area - this is now significantly reduced.
    • Added formation location to spawns. Now you will spawn with your own formation. No need to catch them from behind
    • Fixed an issue that was causing your gear not to get updated in multiple promotions.
    • Fixed an issue that was causing fame to work malfunctioned. Now fame promotion works as expected
  • Version 1.0.2​

• Added new Fame System. Now if your fame is more than 75 while you are leaving the army, you will be considered as a known person. Next time you sign up for the same faction, they will recognize you (the initial dialogue line will also change ) and you will be upgraded to Service Level 3 immediately. You cannot have fame if you desert the army. And if you leave the army at times of war, you will get -15 fame loss.
    • Added new camp options. Now you can buy beer for your comrades or buy better food while on the march. Buying better food increases your HP by +15 immediately. Buying beer can be only done while your army is stationary in a Town. Price of the beer is calculated based on your current fame as well as the current amount of soldiers. Buying beer will increase you fame by +7 immediately.
    • Fixed an issue that was causing armor of player not getting upgraded after several upgrades.
    • Fixed an issue on sergeant commands. Now they are giving clearer orders with proper "attack" side information ( i.e. Attack to left of the walls etc)
    • Fixed an issue that was causing battle parties to fight separately even though AI assumes that they will get help. Now they should gather all the allied forces nearby before entering the battles. Expect magestic battles
    • Fixed an issue that was causing player to turn against it's own party/army. This still can happen - however it shouldn't. So if you still encounter this, please report.
    • Raids are now a thing.
  • Version 1.0.1​

• Fixed an issue related to fetching possible upgrades that was causing a crash
    • Fixed an issue that was dismissing the near by parties ( I guess I fixed it )
    • When you desert the army, now you keep the equipment in your inventory - but crime rating increased to 55
    • Now if you are at Level 5 or higher and with the same culture you are joining in, you will start as Noble troop

Last edited:
Announcement
Thanks for all the suggestions and attention. I'm not going to take any other suggestion since the mod itself is already delivered way more than it should and also because of the fact that I won't create new features and mods for the Bannerlord anymore.

There is obviously a reason why I'm dropping this. But you can read all about this discussion in here if you want.

Most of the modders in nexusmods brought a lot of features to this game which should already be in the major game and the community itself started to gain a strange "modders will do it anyway" attitude. This is problematic. Modders are not here to "fix" the game. Modders can add additional content that can't be added by TW ( Such as roman conversion mods or Star Wars etc ) or they can add optional features. However, currently, average Bannerlord users always feel like they HAVE to use mods. If someone needs mods to use your product to enjoy, it basically means you are doing a terrible job.

I hoped that TW would change this ridiculous attitude towards its own community and modders. But it's clear that this is not their intention. Modders are not their free workforce. We are pouring hours/days/months of our free time and effort to create something enjoyable for the community. But if the main company is trying to block this or not lifting the roadblocks that they put intentionally, then there is a major issue with the mindset. And I won't be part of this circus and waste my effort.

And no, I won't release it's source code unless I somehow change my mind as well. Please don't ask for it and if you do, don't surprise when I say no.

Notes:
  • I only tested this with 1.5.8 Stable Branch. It might not work with Beta branch.
  • While reporting a bug, give as much as information you can give ( i.e. what you were doing etc )
  • There might be other mods which are clashing with this. Opt-out them first before reporting any issue. Indicate which mods you were using

How to report an issue?
Use bugs section. Copy this template and fill. I will tend to ignore issues outside of this format from now on.

Game Version:
Mod Version:
Are you using any other mods: (Hopefully no)
Issue Description:
Issue Screenshot
( if possible ) (DONT post images directly. Nexusmods is a mess in that sense. Use Imgur or some image provider please)
Save Game ( if possible and if you don't have any other mods )

Last edited:

New Version 1.0.5​

• New Battle Brothers System - Now if you are Service Level 6, you will lead a small group. This group will not be "unknown" soldiers for you, instead, they will be your comrades. Each will have their own culture-specific name, they will listen to your commands, they will die with you. They will have the same ( not identical ) equipment and tier with you. However, if the army you are serving is lack that unit type, the system will check lower tiers with the same formation and check all way down. So in some instances, you might end up getting 2-3 soldiers as well.
    2831-1617911776-161762170.jpeg
  • Added an indicator for the bodyguard system. Now your "subject" will be marked on the battlefield with a floating banner on its head. Banner isn't something unreactive/ugly but instead acts like a real banner ( with physics etc ) so it won't ruin up the natural look of the game
    2831-1617911781-1678827169.jpeg
  • Added a new "Request new horse and gear" option for those who lose their horses in the battlefield.
  • Some UI improvements. Now you will be asked before taking any critical activities such as desertion and leaving the army
  • Fixed a bunch of issues related to the Bodyguard and save system.
  • Tweaked battle range again - narrowed it down a bit this time.
  • Now cross-save game-related issues are gone. Each saves game should work independently from the previously loaded game.

Let me know if you have further ideas/improvements.

Version 1.0.6​

• New camp options. Now you can go hunting, get training or scout for your army. Each of these options will give you experience points related to its context. Each of them has a certain time limit and within that time limit, you won't be able to do anything else. You will be notified after the action is done. And you will also see the experience report. If any action your army takes interrupts this ( war, siege etc ) then it will be abandoned and you won't gain anything from it.
  • Relationship/fame/loyalty matters. Now lords will remember things you have done more clearly and they won't accept you in their army if you are a criminal, coward or disloyal.
  • No Exploiting - I have seen that several people were exploring the behaviour of the inventory system. From now on, when you join an army, all your inventory will be taken away as well. And when you are back, you will get everything back. This is the same for promotions as well. Hence, no more "armour steal" exploit.
  • Changed wording on "better food" to bandages and medical-related text.
  • Fixed an issue that was showing the wrong text in sieges even though you were starting at the correct side.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing the player to get "ghosted" by others when the player leaves the army after a successful siege.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing not being able to join sieges if you save the game while your party is besieging a castle

How to report an issue?
Use bugs section. Copy this template and fill. I will tend to ignore issues outside of this format from now on.

Game Version:
Mod Version:
Are you using any other mods: (Hopefully no)
Issue Description:
Issue Screenshot
( if possible ) (DONT post images directly. Nexusmods is a mess in that sense. Use Imgur or some image provider please)
Save Game ( if possible and if you don't have any other mods )
Please follow this template.

Also, I tested this case and haven't been able to reproduce it. Did you left the army with desertion or normal asking to leave? Who was this new lord - from same faction?

Game Version: 1.5.9
Mod Version: latest version
Are you using any other mods: no
Issue Description: applicaton faced a problem
Issue Screenshot: i forgot to get ss
Save Game
( if possible and if you don't have any other mods ): i couldnt understand this part

Save Game ( if possible and if you don't have any other mods ): i couldnt understand this part
It means if you have the save file before the event happens. Anyhow, I'm not able to reproduce it for some reason. Could be a hickup happened inside the game itself dunno. Let me know if happens again. I also don't have any reports about this in nexusmods yet.

btw your mod is amazing, its the best mod of bannerlord so far. keep developing this mod
Cheers.

I tried to reproduce this issue you mentioned but it's not happening. Could be something else. But still, I would advise to use 1.0.6.1 in any case - perhaps hotfix version fixed that issue as well.

Fairly a small update compared to others but

Version 1.0.7​

• Now you can honourably discharge from the army without getting any relationship impact. If you killed more than 190 enemies, you will also keep the armor ( not weapons )
  • Mod now supports Russian kudos to KIT965
  • Small normalization on experience gaining
  • Fixed an issue that was causing the action menu pop up when you join an army.

I tried to reproduce this issue you mentioned but it's not happening. Could be something else. But still, I would advise to use 1.0.6.1 in any case - perhaps hotfix version fixed that issue as well.
yeah it may be just a momentary crash, because today i left an army and join another lord's army. but game didnt crash, plus i did that three times

Version 1.0.8​

• Now you can ask 2 days of absence if you are eligible. You have to come back to your army within 2 days ( which will be marked on your map ) If you don't come back in 2 days, you will be declared a deserter.
  • Now if your party gets defeated, you have to find and return to your lord/lady. However, this is not easy because you have to find him/her yourself. Sometimes they are choosing to chill at castles for 2-3 days without having a party at all - that's why, I'm unable to mark their location. That being said, you have 7 days to return to your lord after a defeat. If you can, you will continue with the same tier and equipment. If you can't nothing will happen to your relationship but you won't be able to keep old stats even if you find the same lord afterwards
  • Now you will be asked before being a "noble" troop. You can choose to decline that option.
  • Added dialogues for the features above for all languages - TR, RU, CN.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing battles and party screen to crash.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing a crash after trying to enter a settlement after an unsuccessful siege.
  • Fixed several other issues along the way.

I´ve not tried your mod yet, but I´ll totally will try it the next time I play.

It´s those "litttle" things that make the game better.

Thanks for your work!

Version 1.0.8​

• awsome stuffs before
  • awsome stuffs after
Thank you Bloc!
I didn't expect you to implement this so quick. I can go back to my crossbow gameplay!

Back
Top Bottom