Bunch of other improvements after 1.0.8.X and also version 1.0.9
- Added "Lifesaver" feature for bodyguarding. Now if you kill enemies around your lord, you will earn 1 relationship point for each person you kill. You need to be in range for this - so you need to be close to him/her. Radius is around two-horse length ( yes, I'm using horses as a measurement unit )
- Added an indicator for a bodyguarded person. If you press ALT (the same key with how you see other nameplates in cities ) then you will be able to see the exact location of your lord with a highlighted purple contour around him. This makes it easier for you to identify him in night battles - as well as in battles where you are unable to find him because of the obstacles
- Changed bodyguard system rewards. Now each successful battle you participated in will give you a random amount of relationship with your lord. It can be between 1 and 4. Note: you won't get any if you are fighting with looters/bandits etc
- Decreased bodyguard penalty for lord getting knocked down to 3
- Fixed several issues that were causing random behaviour and crash
- Added Japanese language support
- Added notice message for returning the party. Now you will get it in every 2 days.
- Fixed an issue that was causing you to get captured as well after your party defeated even while you are on leave
- Fixed an issue that was causing crash for old saves
- Now fame has a soft limit of 40. If you are above 40 fame, your fame will still decrease but it will stop decreasing after 40. However, if you are below 40, then it can go all way down to 0. This soft limit only kicks in if you are at the party. ( Will continue to decrease if you are separated from your army )
- Added Fame bonus to actions. They will increase your fame with +1
- Fixed an issue that wasn't updating the menu screen right away after the fame/loyalty change. Now it should be in sync.
- Fixed/Added "days to rejoin" in-game saves. Now you won't lose that data if you save and load it some other day
- Fixed several other ugly bugs and such. Added some scaffolding code for more actions in the future.
- Now, days to rejoin will be calculated based on the possible respawn place distance of the army leader to player location. It should be more than enough in most of the cases
- Improved reason explanation of why you are not able to join army/party of the lord
- Now you don't have to switch between menus to see the update. It should happen automatically in each day.
- Now if you take a leave and come back, you will get your soldiers back ( with new names and such )
- Fixed an issue that was causing crash after you become a bodyguard and lost the battle
- Fixed an issue that was causing an unstable state and was enabling deserters to rejoin their lords
- Fixed an issue that was causing to exploit game mechanics by taking companions' and player's gear
- Fixed a small bug that was allowing the system to allow the player to buy bandages even when he doesn't have money.
- Increased campaign action reward XP's significantly
- Added passive daily XP earn. Skill will be chosen randomly and you will earn 0 to 50 XP each day randomly
- Now while you are a bodyguard, you won't lose a relationship when your subject knocked down if you are already knocked down
- Decreased the reward for honourable discharge to preserve game balance - previously entire equipment was as expensive as a town - which was an exploit and unintended consequence.
- Fixed an issue that was causing some mods to crash the game while you upgrade to level 6 and going into battle ( hopefully )
- Fixed an issue that kept asking bodyguard question when you took leave of absence
- Fixed several issues with Russian and Chinese translations