Feminism

Users who are viewing this thread

God this keeps going. It started with nationalism and it will only end with memes. Ido will not be forgotten.

DYSTOPIAN said:
God this keeps going. It started with nationalism and it will only end with memes. Ido will not be forgotten.
I'm not going to give up so soon, I have a wee bit of time on my hands to keep this discussion going for a while.

ido66667 said:
You are oblivious to your own behaviour, which is what I predicted. I also predicted that you would respond with childlish 4chan words, silly gifs and reaction pics.
You're not very smart, are you? Not very self-aware? You didn't even read your words that I quoted and used with the GIFs? Oh well. Your obliviousness is kinda cute. In the same manner that a two-legged dog humping a rusty mailbox is cute.

ido66667 said:
What exactly have I lied about, I took great care to construct carefuly thought sentences (Saying things like 'it seems', 'I think' ect.) and make clear that those are only my thoughts, my perceptions.
Well let's refresh your memory:

ido66667 said:
though from my experience the most dedicated feminists (The current leadership) are part of this minority which is putting off.
ido66667 said:
While they mind be the vocal minority, for an outsider they do seem to wield disproportional strength and power in the movement, which is off putting, and does not inspire much support.
I really didn't twist your words. It is amazing how you seem to forget what you wrote yourself. You made the claims above. They are quoted exactly as you wrote them.

I asked you to name these feminists that are most dedicated and form the current leadership, that are part of this off-putting minority. Then I called you blind for making the claim that feminism is one monolithic statue and that there are no arguments or disputes between feminists. I mean, you don't even have to be that knowledgeable about feminism to understand that such a claim is utterly ridiculous for obvious reasons.

ido66667 said:
crank up your self awarness and at least read what you post, you can't say in a post that you never insulted me then insult me in the same post. Come on, try harder. :???: :???:
03aKstx.gif

ido66667 said:
I'm not going to give up so soon, I have a wee bit of time on my hands to keep this discussion going for a while.
It's been 12 days. But take your time, I'm sure your response will only get better and better.

Nepal finally outlawed the custom of sending women on their period away from the community.

Nepal has passed a law criminalising the practice of banishing women to huts during their periods.

The ancient Hindu tradition of Chhaupadi, whereby women are confined to animal sheds during menstruation to keep “impurity” out of the home, was banned by the supreme court in 2005.

But the practice has remained prevalent in Nepal’s remote west and has led to the deaths of two teenage girls in the past year.

Last month, a 19-year-old girl in Dailekh district died from a snake bite after she was forced to sleep in a shed. In December, Roshani Tiruwa, 15, suffocated in a poorly ventilated mud-and-stone hut in Achham district after lighting a fire in an effort to stay warm.

Under the law, introduced as part of a bill aimed at improving the safety of women in Nepal, anyone enforcing the custom will face a three-month jail sentence and a fine of 3,000 Nepalese rupees (about £23).

Laws have also been passed against acid attacks and the ancient Hindu custom of demanding a dowry payment for marriage.

To allow the authorities time to foster awareness before the crackdown is enforced, the ban on Chhaupadi will not be introduced immediately. “For the next year we will conduct social campaigns to tell the people about this new law,” said Krishna Bhakta Pokharel, who headed the parliamentary panel that finalised the bill.

Chile is finally allowing abortion when the life of the mother is at risk or if she had been raped.

Maria Stella Toro, from the EPES (Popular Education in Health) collective, said it was “a triumph of reason and an act of justice”, and that the move opened up the possibility of a much fuller public debate on abortion – with the ultimate goal of further liberalisation.

José Miguel Vivanco, Human Rights Watch’s director of the Americas, called the decision a “landmark for human rights in Chile. By ending the cruel, harmful, and regressive policy of criminalising abortion in all circumstances, the court protected women’s lives and fundamental rights.”

Toro did, however, sound a note of caution: “It’s difficult to view this as a complete victory, given that apart from the three cases permitted, all other forms of abortion continue to be criminalised. And most of the women who have been prosecuted have been reported to the authorities by medical institutions after suffering complications from an illegal abortion.”
It's nowhere near enough of course, but at least it is a start.

Back
Top Bottom